Sio Bibble

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Sio Bibble cheap!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greejo:
Hey GNT were you still after a Watto's Box?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well lets say I dont have the Wattos Box yet

Reaction score

Congrats on the cheap Sio score! I'm sure there are many of us that wish we could find that figure so cheap.

Reaction score

Greetings, Mr Gonk. I live in Ashland, OH, and would be pleased to learn the name of that shop in Mt Vernon. Don't worry -- I wouldn't clean the place out! My carded collection is done (from my perspective: I've long since given up on completing the FF line), and I'm just hunting for stuff for my sons to open from now on. Did the store have any 12" figures? That's the latest craze. Since we're relatively close, if you ever want to work up a trade, let me know. My list is posted on the trading forum here.

Kind regards,
David

Reaction score

DarthDave
I didn't even notice the name of the store

It was at 5 North Main St. Mt Vernon, OH 43050 look it up on mapquest and you'll find it ok. I actually live in Downtown Columbus and it was worth the drive up there. He sells everything on consignment and doesn't take plastics so bring cash.

The Sio Bibble finally completed my EP1 lot. There were plenty of other HTF figures like Pit Droids, Holo Sidious, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Ascension, lots of FF and Flashback POTF2 stuff too.

Reaction score

That is a totally awesome find at that price and I am glad that another collector was able to find something for their collection.

Now if we could just get all those Sio Bibbles out of Japan and into clearance bins over here!

Reaction score

guess what I found sio bibble here in france in toysrus for 5 euros - that's cheap
and look what what I found today too at toysrus - holo sid and swimming jar-jar for only 5 euros each !!! you can imagine my face when I saw them hanging there on their pegs...

BTW I'm new and want to know how do you attach pics to the messages ?

Reaction score

I'm not too sure how to attach them, but if you are in the market for a few trades, I am in need of those figures carded. If you are in need of something, please let me know at pike1067@hotmail.com.

The funny thing is these aren't actually for me, but I know another collector who will trade me some stuff I want for them. Let me know if you want to make a trade. Thank you for your time.

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: CHEWIE ]

Reaction score

i also could really use sio and the pit droids. don't have either yet. you can e-mail also if you want to work out a trade for something you need

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrgonk:
DarthDave
I didn't even notice the name of the store

It was at 5 North Main St. Mt Vernon, OH 43050 look it up on mapquest and you'll find it ok. I actually live in Downtown Columbus and it was worth the drive up there. He sells everything on consignment and doesn't take plastics so bring cash.

The Sio Bibble finally completed my EP1 lot. There were plenty of other HTF figures like Pit Droids, Holo Sidious, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Ascension, lots of FF and Flashback POTF2 stuff too.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were those other EP1 figures also $7.00, it just might be worth the drive to pick those up and finish off my EP1 collection.

Reaction score

Thanks, Mr. Gonk, for sharing the location of the shop. I ventured down this morning and found a few good deals.

For Darth Ball and other interested parties, here's the scoop.

The owner's helper is actually selling off his collection, which includes a ton of stuff he picked up cheap at TRU, KB, Ames, and other shops. I wouldn't say that he's a scalper, but it's not all rosy, either. THe Darth Sid Holo was $18, Amidala Battle $25, Pit Droids $18, a whole set of EU figures at $18/each. Yes, I left ALL of those there!!! I'd lose my wife if I spent that kind of money on these toys.

He has a ton of the common Action Fleet ships at $5.50 each, a few battle packs at $3, a number of the MM little ship 3-packs at $2. There are probably 70-80 figures there, but all are priced at or above retail (and all the interesting ones are priced way above retail, like the DS Trooper at $25, Vader rem. hel. at $15). Even the POTJ figures are priced at above retail (I was shocked to find the RFTrooper and Amidala Travel Gown at $12 each).

So, there's a lot of stuff there if you feel the need to shop, or if you make a lot more money than this poor soul. And the gentleman is negotiable on these prices, but I wouldn't expect to get more than 20% knocked off any price (unless you are a far better negotiator than I). He tends to go by current book value, less about 20-25%.

Keep those tips coming, though!

Reaction score

The only 2 ep I figs I couldn't get retail(or less) were amidala ext, and bibble. (I broke down and traded for a foriegn Bibble)

So for $7, what a steal!

Reaction score

sorry for the late answer...
well I would love to trade them but I live in france so if you know any possible way to ship figs cheap to the US (for you to europe)
we could make something out

Rik

Reaction score

I live in England and we never get anything rare.
So it was surprising when I went to toys r us and found Sio Bibble and Naboo Guard for £3 each. I bought them of course, how could I resist?

G

Originally posted by Maul-fanatic:
guess what I found sio bibble here in france in toysrus for 5 euros - that's cheap
and look what what I found today too at toysrus - holo sid and swimming jar-jar for only 5 euros each !!! you can imagine my face when I saw them hanging there on their pegs...

BTW I'm new and want to know how do you attach pics to the messages ?
<font size="2" face="arial">When you post a message, under the box where you type, there are the "add Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons, below them are other buttons, click on the "image button" write the URL of the image and you´re all set.

Reaction score

ı!m so glad that ı got the following figures for 5.99$ each!!!
even they include 1 starcase!!!

-sio bibble
-amidala ascension
-holo sidious
-tc-14
-r2-b1
-swimming jar jar
-naboo security
-naboo guard

Reaction score

ı forgot to mention that they are C-9,5+ too

Reaction score

Originally posted by Beedo:
I just got a second Bibble from them (gotta make a custom General Otto!) for a reasonable price.
<font size="2" face="arial">Just curious, Beedo, who is General Otto?

I'll be sure to check out the Pumpkin people. Thanks for the tip!

... the Findswoman

Reaction score

General Otto is a character from the Star Wars: Demolition video game. He's basically Sio Bibble in over-the-top military regalia and a helmet that looks like a cross between an AT-ST Driver's and a Death Star Trooper's. A fairly easy custom that will help swell my Imperial ranks.

Reaction score
Looking for Sio Bibble, Swimming JAr jar on european cards and More?

Check my list in the trading section...
Have lots of E1 on european cards to trade

Thanks

Cyril

Reaction score
Re: Looking for Sio Bibble, Swimming JAr jar on european cards and More?

I have the sio bibble, however at this point i'm only looking to slim down my collection, so I don't want to trade. If you'll pay cash make an offer. I have plenty of postive feed back in places such as ebay, I just wanted to check if this was an option first, Will present feedback before transaction.

Reaction score

phantom hope

Thanks for the offer but I trade only, I have tons to trade and I don't spend cash on buying

Thanks anyway

Reaction score

If you're posting this here (instead of in the trading forum) you might as well post a list of what you've got to trade to save us all the extra click. At least until the mods move this one.

Reaction score

can't post my trade list in here, trading list isn't that far and what are a few clicks in a man's life???

G

My sio bibble and tc 14 has either japenese writing or chinese on back , rest english

which ones american version the version I have, or if there are other versions, which are the most sought after.

G

Re: My sio bibble and tc 14 has either japenese writing or chinese on back , rest english

I'm assuming it's just a sticker, correct?
If so then that doesn't make it worth any more, or less. It's just that it was purchased from a direct overseas outlet, at one point in time.

Reaction score
Re: My sio bibble and tc 14 has either japenese writing or chinese on back , rest english

I'd say the US cards without the stickers are the most sought after. Here in Europe we're fed up with multi-logo packaging and so any figures with foreign language stickers go for a lot less. Our stores have imported loads of Japanese labelled Ep1 figures because the pure US cards were always hard to get and sold out very quickly.

You can peel the stickers off but you have to be very careful. If you're going to try, you should heat the sticker with a hair dryer first as this helps to melt the glue. A warning though, I ruined my first Sio Bibble by removing the sticker so perhaps it's best not to try.

Reaction score

yeah, just to second that, I ruined the back of Yoda with EP1 correction. Be careful!

Reaction score

Bubble of my old Nute Gunray melted from over heating

G

I always tke that big black sticker off of the backs of the SAGA cards, even tho im an opener. but most of my ep1 figures had the chinese/japanese writing on the back.
And whats wrong with the multi-lingual cards? I think their OK.

G

Sio Bibble/Battle Amidala

There is a similar thread here on hardest to find aquisitions, but I wanted to ask about two figures in particular: Sio Bibble and Queen Amidala Battle (ascension guns). What are your experiences with these figures? I have yet to get either, since I certainly never saw them in retail and their respective prices on ebay are usually more than I want to pay. Have most of you gotten these figures? From ebay?
And do you think these would be good candidates for Hasbro re-releases? (doubtful at most)

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Sio Bibble/Battle Amidala

I haven't gotten them yet. I'd like to see them reissued in the Saga line to give people who missed it a hance to get them.

Reaction score

I bought my first pair at retail (to open) back in 2000, but I had to use eBay to get them both carded sometime last year.

Reaction score

I managed to pick mine up for £1.99 each a few years back in a 'local' shop clearout. Also picked up BD Destroyer & Holo Sidious at that price too.

I was most happy considering the prices they command nowadays.

Only ever paid over retail for R2-B1 & TC-14.

Reaction score

Definately the 2 hardest to get figures of the modern line (not counting all the weird variations out there)

The Bibble I had to trade to get on a foriegn card(I may go back and get the US version) and the Amidala I was lucky enough to get from Dave "bom bad boy" who presented it to me on behalf of my collecting group-just too darn nice of them.

I never saw either in stores well, actually I saw a completely crumpled Amidala ascention in KMart of all places, and passed because of the condition.

Reaction score

Originally posted by Jedi_uk73:
I managed to pick mine up for £1.99 each a few years back in a 'local' shop clearout. Also picked up BD Destroyer & Holo Sidious at that price too.

I was most happy considering the prices they command nowadays.

Only ever paid over retail for R2-B1 & TC-14.
<font size="2" face="arial">As far as the R2-B1 and TC-14 go, I was luck to find at a very out of the way shop when I wasn't really even looking. I found Motti, Hooded Leai, Tc, and B1 all at the same time for retail.

In addition, swimming Jar-Jar, and the damaged destroyer droid I found once at a TRU in the clearance bin for $1 when the yhad those huge EP I blowouts. Neve saw those again either.

The battle damaged Destroyer droid is funny, I still see people outthere that never knew this thing even existed, as it looks almost the same as the originally released D.D. with a few "blast marks thrown in.

The last few runs of the EP I line were fun to try and get. Lots of collections still without a handful of those figs.

Reaction score

I bought my Sio Bibble for $18 on eBay and the Queen Amidala Battle Ascention Gun for $20 at a local flea market. I thought the prices were reasonable, and my Episode 1 collection is complete (as far as single-carded figures go).

Reaction score

I got lucky about 6 months ago at a toy show in Austin,Texas and bought a mint carded Amidala Battle figure for $2! The guy had a whole box ful of more common figures as well as BD's and DD's......I cleaned him out of army builders and the Amidala

I'm still in need of a few carded EP1 figs for my collection....such as Bibble,TC14,R2B1,and Swimming JarJar

G

Thanks for your comments. Sounds like some of you have gotten pretty lucky. I was only lucky with the pit droid 2-pack, which I almost passed over, because I figured they would be warmers for sure. I didn't think anyone would ever want to buy those.

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
I haven't gotten them yet. I'd like to see them reissued in the Saga line to give people who missed it a hance to get them.
<font size="2" face="arial">So that moves to the next question: do any of you think Hasbro would honestly reissue these two figures just for collectors? Since Sio Bibble is in AOTC (and possible ep. III) there may be reason to, but I would imagine it would be as a resculpt and not in his TPM outfit. Same goes for Amidala. Would these figures do well if put out in mass on new cards?

I would love to see it happen just to quiet the incredibly marked up ebay auctions, but I don't see Hasbro dusting off their molds for these two. It seems like the reissue campaign of theirs will be focused on main characters. A recent rumor list of the "Hall of Fame" series shows nothing outside of the luke-solo-leia-droids-vader figures that we all know Hasbro loves to keep on the shelves for the casual buyers.

I know you all would buy, we're collectors, but would anyone else? Thoughts?

[ 10-22-2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Carpeteria ]

Reaction score

I got Sio Bibble right off the shelf at Wal-Mart. Never found Battle Amidala. Her and Swimming Jar Jar are the only two single figs I am missing. I open everything and will NOT buy one off of Ebay for $40 just to rip open the package. Patience will pay off. I will eventually find one at a good price, or die trying.