Sio Bibble

Reaction score
At long, long, long last I have this most elusive E1 figure!
Finally I can close the book, so to speak, on the E1 line.

------------------
They're heading for that small moon...

G

Re: Sio Bibble is mine!

Congrats man. Never ever seen him at retail

G

swimming jar jar is mine i can also close the book I now have all of them woho

Reaction score

Isn't it a great feeling?

Let's hope POTJ and E2 are not like this!

------------------
They're heading for that small moon...

G

Damn you, both of you. lol. I want those 2 figures!

Reaction score

I didn't think Bibble was that rare.

Swimming Jar Jar, though, I've never seen even in the online shops I go to.

G

I never saw Bibble in the stores. Yes, he was rare, as far as I'm concerned. I had to order him for about $8 online (not including shipping) last Spring...

Reaction score

I had to trade for one. Never say TC-14 or R2-B1 either.

------------------
This space for rent.

G

I have still not seen either of these.

Reaction score

When they came out, I was at k-mart and they had TONS of TC-14's and R2-B1's. I only had enough money for one, so I got TC-14.

------------------
Awww, ya got Arby's all
over me!

G

I just need holo sidious, naboo royal guard, battle damaged destroyer droid, jedi master qui gon and thats it! I have been able to close the book on POTF2 though. That was a great feeling!

------------------
Messa going home!

Reaction score

I have to agree with Jedicat as mentioned earlier. I really hope the new POTJ & EPII lines don't offer the same "I can't seem to find this guy anywhere!" stuff.

I think we can all agree that we're tired of all the scalpers bleeding us dry for these EPI HTF Figures. Lets hope Hasbro's distribution improves so these scalpers won't have the opportunity again. (Man I hate scalpers!)

Sorry for the rant, congrats on finishing ur collection. I hope to join in the "I'm Done" celebration soon.

Reaction score

I think the "hard to find figure" is a universal constant through all of the major lines!!! I can remember as a kid, my best friend and I were always on the lookout for a figure that wasn't in our collective collection! I doubt we'll see much change from that. Although it can be frustrating, I think that's half the fun of collecting figures...the treasure-hunting!

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

Reaction score

Well, these figures were all at retail. When these were coming out, I had decided not to bother with E1. The POTF2 clearences were going on, I was new to collecting, and I was having a ball. I wasn't even paying attention to the E1 stuff. One day, I was at Wall Mart, saw the soft goods wave. Laughed at the resculps and left. Later (?few weeks), I was at K-Mart and saw Sio, Amidala (grapling hook) Pit Droids, TC-14, R2-B1. Passed, then though that the droids were cool, went back, and finally got them all. A few weeks later, I saw Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid at Wal Mart as well as soft goods Qui Gon. Got the Droid, passed on soft goods. Don't remember seeing JarJar, as I said, I wasn't even really paying attention to E1 at that point. Stopped collecting with Holo Sidious and Naboo Royal Guard (which collected dust in my neck of the woods for a little while). I didn't even think twice about these figs until months later when I decided to see what else I missed in E1 and realised I got all these rare figs! The only one I don't remember seeing at retail was Jar Jar, but I wasn't even looking for him, so he may have been there with the Destroyer Droid...

Looking back on it, I can't believe how lucky I was to find them and get them when I wasn't even looking for them.

So, yes, all these figs were at retail...

Darth Ray

Reaction score

To have this line comlete all I need are:
Softgoods Qui Gon
Destroyer Droid Battle Damaged
Soft Goods Amidala
Swimming Jar Jar

And I'm pretty sure that's it....if I find them I find them....if not I'm not all that worried. (Frankly, I think one Jar Jar in the collection is enough!
)

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

G

Thought I would hit a gold mind at my TRU today, they had buy 2 E1 for $3, but all they had was anakin pilot and darth maul sith lord. Very disappointing. I thought for sure they would have E1 collection 2. Not a good day.

------------------
Hard to see the dark side is, hmmm?

G

Hey Darth Ray, where do you live?

------------------
Do you feel lucky punk, well, do you?

Reaction score

I, too, was hoping to find some of the later waves of E1 figures at TRU (with their sale), but I pretty much struck out. Unless you need a Tatooine Maul or a Captain Tarpals. I didn't even see any of the CTC cases some folks have found. I walked out empty handed (yet again).

Reaction score

I'm from Minneapolis (nothern suburbs). Home of Target, which has some advantages...

Reaction score

I FINALLY got Sio Bibble today! I had to resort to Ebay. He is pretty cool. I can't think of anything more to say 'cause I'm tired.

------------------
Awww, ya got Arby's all
over me!

G

Is the Sio Bibble Figure Rare?

------------------
The coolest member ever
of the Jedi Council!!!!!

Reaction score
Sio Bibble is rarer than most EP:1 items, which means that he's a bit harder to find, but not really rare in the literal sense of the word. Expect to have a hard time finding him from online dealers, and to shell out a bit more for him than most other figures on eBay. You won't find him at Walmart, though some folks hold out hope he'll show up in clearence bins at TRU in the near future.

Reaction score
Scalpers are very organized, and i'm not talking about the run of the mill scalper. They have inside tracks on that stuff and i'm sure if there were a wharehouse filled with Bibbles that thaey will wind up on EBAY before you will ever se them in a bin full of Mauls.

Log

Reaction score
I think Sio Bibble is one figure that can truely be called rare. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit TRU but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show up as he was part of the last waves of EI and he was probably made in smaller numbers than the rest of the figures.

Only saw him once at retail and that was at a Wal-Mart SuperCenter. Saw him plenty of times at collectible shops though...

Reaction score
I only saw him once, and that was in a comic book shop. I passed because his $10 price tag was too steep. Sometimes I can be too cheap.

Reaction score
Never saw the guy at retail. Had to trade to get mine. In fact, out of that entire wave I only saw 1 of the Pit droid 2 pack. Nothing else.

------------------
I love it when a plan comes together.

G

Had to trade to get mine too, I wonder if we'll see them on TRU clearance?

G

I got my sio bibble off good old musasa. He certainly helped me fill a hole in my collection with that one. If your out there musasa, thanks again buddy

------------------
Whats the deal with corn nuts?

Reaction score
No problem Red 5. I do what I can.

------------------
Forum Moderator, BHC
musasa@collectstarwars.com
At night, when the urge is strongest and the thought of fresh brains is upon me, I transform into... Ewok Zombie!

G

Check out how stupid I am...I saw a lot of that wave when it came out, I was just really getting my teeth into SW collecting, and didn't get but one of each. I remember seeing a whole bin full of holo-sidious, naboo guard etc. and thinking, "Those are new and kinda neat. I'm not going to worry about these now I'll see them everywhere later." Well now its later and I'm not seeing them. If I only knew now what I did then, you would ALL have these "rare" figures! Sorry I let ya'll down. It was a shock at first when I found out so many people needed these figures...

Reaction score
I was stupid. Found Sio, Amidala Ascension, Naboo Guard (w/removeable helmet) and pit droids 2 pack at K-mart one day and bought them. Then got buyer's remorse for spending almost $35 or so on figures, SO I RETURNED THEM! D'oh!

I have the pit droids now, but I'm still looking for Sio, Amidala, and Guard. Bleagh.

G

I would love to find Sio, R2-B1, and TC-14! But that will proboly be impossoble!

------------------
The coolest member ever
of the Jedi Council!!!!!

Reaction score
Sio Bibble cheap!

I finally found a local seller who is NOT a scalper.

It was a little collector store way out in MT Vernon, OH that had lots of POTF2 and EP1 figures. I actually got a C10 US Card Sio Bibble for $7.00! I also picked up 2 Commtech Stormtroopers for $5.oo each. Everything there was very reasonably priced. I can see I'll be spending lots of $ there!

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Sio Bibble cheap!

Nice find,I whish I could find/get those figures

Reaction score

Can you get me A Sio Bibble? He is the only figure I don't have from POTF2-POTJ.LMK my friend.

Reaction score

Nice pickup on the Sio Bibble mr gonk. He's a good looking fig IMO, one of the better ones in the line.

Hey GNT were you still after a Watto's Box?

Reaction score

Just a hint - Bibbles are being sold at cheap prices on the pegs in Japan. Find a friend there, and you'll be set.