Sim Aloo (Imp. Dignitary)

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Not confirmed!

- The Vintage Version

Sim Aloo is the name of the Vintage Imperial Dignitary from the real Vintage Star Wars toyline in the mid 80's who has yet to see a figure made in the modern toyline. Sim Aloo is always popping up on wish lists, could 2012 be his year?

Anyone else want to see a Sim Aloo figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm just happy as anything we are getting 2 dignitaries instead of one.

I think with some creativity and a Lott Dodd figure, customizers will be able to make a new version of the vintage dignitary just fine.

Reaction score
GNT, I added the name of the second Imp. Dignitary to the SAGA Checklist thread.

Reaction score
I always thought that was Sate Pestage, where did the name Sim Aloo come from for this fig? Then again when I was a kid, he was the resurrected Emperor, since I had lost my Emperor fig. This was at least 7 years before Dark Empire stole my idea!

GNT

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I always thought that was Sate Pestage, where did the name Sim Aloo come from for this fig?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure where it came from but his been going by the name of Sim Aloo for along long time.

Reaction score
I am happy enough with the ones we are getting, im jst glad Hasbro didn't make the one with the red trim around his hat like I thought they would when I saw the purple trim version annoucned a couple of days ago.

I still want the vintage one made but for now, I am happy.

Reaction score
A little disappointed, yes. Get over it yes.

A good way for Hasbro to get a couple dignitaries out then in a few years complete ressurecting the vintage line with Sim Aloo.

Reaction score
What he said.
I am glad to be getting any Imperial Dignitary at long last, let alone two.
But I would like to see them do the Vintage one eventually.

Reaction score
I'm not that bothered but I would like to know the name of the second Imperial Dignitary, is it Kren Blista Vadee?

Reaction score
I'm just happy we're getting two Imp. Dignitaries. I couldn't care less if every figure from the vintage line ever gets remade. Though I do kinda like the look of the Dignitary from the vintage line.

Reaction score
I still hold out hope that hasbro will make the other THREE dignitaries - which could very well happen with the way hasbro likes to re-use parts.

So I'm not disappointed - I'm elated over these two.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Forhekset:
I'm just happy we're getting two Imp. Dignitaries. I couldn't care less if every figure from the vintage line ever gets remade. Though I do kinda like the look of the Dignitary from the vintage line.
<font size="2" face="arial">Roger that.

The vintage Imperial Dignitary looks good, so I wouldn't mind getting him too, and maybe while Hasbro's at it, they can just give us all of the dignitaries, eh?

Reaction score
Originally posted by i like yoda:
[QBThe vintage Imperial Dignitary looks good, so I wouldn't mind getting him too, and maybe while Hasbro's at it, they can just give us all of the dignitaries, eh? [/QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">Just be ready to shell out between $30 and $50 for a nice loose vintage dignitary - much more for one on the card.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kneel Before Zod:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by i like yoda:
[QBThe vintage Imperial Dignitary looks good, so I wouldn't mind getting him too, and maybe while Hasbro's at it, they can just give us all of the dignitaries, eh?
<font size="2" face="arial">Just be ready to shell out between $30 and $50 for a nice loose vintage dignitary - much more for one on the card. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">What I was talking about is Hasbro making one, although I'll probably get a vintage one eventually.

G

I am a bit upset, as I was going to set the new one up next to my vintage carded and loose one to make a little display, but its not that bad that we got diffrent ones.

Reaction score
These are fine with me. I honsestly am not worried if the vintage one ever gets remade or not.

By the by, we should have an Imp Dignitary message icon. I mean, we have VLIX for crying out loud!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kneel Before Zod:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by i like yoda:
[QBThe vintage Imperial Dignitary looks good, so I wouldn't mind getting him too, and maybe while Hasbro's at it, they can just give us all of the dignitaries, eh?
<font size="2" face="arial">Just be ready to shell out between $30 and $50 for a nice loose vintage dignitary - much more for one on the card. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I must be lucky. I got one off eBay in C9-ish condition for about $15.

Reaction score
the one with the red trim can be made with a few adjustments from the one we are getting,

Reaction score
Originally posted by Forhekset:
I must be lucky. I got one off eBay in C9-ish condition for about $15.
<font size="2" face="arial">I'd say that's a good deal. I got mine as part of a larger group of figures for probably about 25$ if you divide the math evenly...

Reaction score
As per Red 6's site,

Advisor Kren Blista-Vadee

Advisor Geral Ferr Denat

Advisor Gor Kartir

Advisor Sate Pestage

Now, this is what Red6's site says, which isn't canon or necessarily accurate by any stretch, but then again it's all EU anyway. I'm not seeing anything to contradict it either so far.

Reaction score
In looking at my collection...

If one had purple, white and red-orange paint, a Lott Dodd body and a Sen. Palpatine (TPM) head, could you not customize a vintage remake Dignitary?

The hat fits reasonably well. You'd have to paint the Palpatine face in that off white-ish color, the hands in black and the robes and hat in purple.

Reaction score
I'm kind of bummed, too.

I just think that the character the vintage was based on was just way cooler.

Reaction score
Just wanted to share that Adam over at GalaticHunter has mention that A THIRD
DIGINTARY (A SLIMMER FIGURE HAS BEEN CASTED)
also Jimmy over at Jedidender has stated the
same(good sources). Hasbro has not shared this
with any one. Good chance we will see the
vintage one by the end of this year or the
beggining of 2004.

Reaction score
I think that a Slim Aloo figure is way overdue though!

Be good if we got him included with the Emperors Throne Room set!!

Either way, I think that an updated version of the vintage figure in the Saga series is a must!

Do others agree?

Reaction score
Kren Blista-Vadee/Sim Aloo shot to popularity in the 80's when Prince was popular and made it cool for good looking, straight playas like Kren to wear purple. Unfortunatley today, purple is not as cool for guys to wear, and so Kren is not hip and might b e labeled a "dork" by the discriminating youth of today.

Plus, I think this might start another Color War as did the Blue/Brown Hoth Han figure. Was his cloak really purple or was it blue? Haha!

Anyway, these guys look about as scary as Bob Hope! They should have done the one from AOTC. The triangle hat guy looks cool enough though.

Reaction score
Count me among the group that always thought the vintage Imperial Dignitary was named Sate Pestage....and Red 6 is somewhat misleading as well.

And the Official Site does not seem to help either..a recent Ask the Lucasfilm Jedi Council question named the "Emperor's Inner Circle" as Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee.

If the first Saga dignitary is named Janus Greejatus, and the second one is named Kren Blista-Vanee, and the vintage one is named Sim Aloo, and I know that Ars Dangor is the one that looks similar to Janus, then I guess that Sate Pestage is the one in blue with the phallic hat?

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stan:
Just wanted to share that Adam over at GalaticHunter has mention that A THIRD
DIGINTARY (A SLIMMER FIGURE HAS BEEN CASTED)
also Jimmy over at Jedidender has stated the
same(good sources). Hasbro has not shared this
with any one. Good chance we will see the
vintage one by the end of this year or the
beggining of 2004.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hopefully.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Zealous:
Be good if we got him included with the Emperors Throne Room set!!
<font size="2" face="arial">There is no Emperor's playset. Check out the third part of question 10 in Galactic Hunter's Q&A:

http://www.galactichunter.com/q_and_a/0307211.asp

It was a good move - you can display the two new ones, and the Vintage version is decent enough to be displayed right next to them. That is, if there is a demand for Dignitaries. I think it's really only wanted to finish off the 100% Vintage resculpt goal some people have.

The Vintage version will likely be last, if Hasbro does them all, just to make sure that the market for them isn't killed. After all, from Valorum to Palpatine and Jar Jar, there's no evidence of any man in fancy robes selling well.

GNT

Reaction score
Tried to find a thread for this character and here one is,it's an older thread but since we still want him the outcome is still the same after all these years. Obviously we never did see the 3rd dignitary that was rumoured back in the Saga line so maybe 2010 can be the year?

Sim Aloo is rumored for a 2010/2011 release so I thought I'd bump this one so we can continue the discussion of seeing him in plastic in the near future.

Do people even want to see him made?

Reaction score
GNT said:
Tried to find a thread for this character and here one is,it's an older thread but since we still want him the outcome is still the same after all these years. Obviously we never did see the 3rd dignitary that was rumoured back in the Saga line so maybe 2010 can be the year?

Sim Aloo is rumored for a 2010/2011 release so I thought I'd bump this one so we can continue the discussion of seeing him in plastic in the near future.

Where did the Sim Aloo rumour come from? I dont recall one.

Reaction score
I think Stan had said he was in Hasbro's plans for the next couple of years. I don't think we'll see him until the line changes over into the non-themed waves, though.

Reaction score
GNT said:

Do people want him made? That's a silly question! He's one of the few to not get a modern counter part, of course he needs to be made. Anyway, Hasbro said he wasn't in the immediate future.

Reaction score
GNT said:
FDOI_Rex said:
If you looked at the opening post and mid way through the thread you'd know who he is.
JK..JK..jk;)

But really- He has the potental to be the Yarna of VTC( Or TVC, or VC. Grrrr! I hate it when we pick the name)

Reaction score
I don't think you will ever see a true peg-warmer in this line ever again. The economy forced Hasbro to cutback production and now that Hasbro is a little wiser, they seem to know who sells well and who doesn't have as much potential. Figures probably won't ever see overproduction like they used to. Starting with the PM wave this year I have noticed that waves only last a few months now and figures just don't sit as long as they used to. Supply is finally closer to what actual demand is and this will eliminate any peg-warmer potential.

I also think he's doing decent in the poll, too.