Sideshow The Mandalorian The Child 1/1 Figure

Reaction score
My brain is having a hard time understanding how this is only $350. I mean, their 12" figures clock in around $200-$250 these days, and they aren't even close to the same quality level that this appears to be. I get this is a prototype and the mass-produced version may lose something in translation, but still.... $350 seems like a steal.

GGC

Reaction score
I saw a lot of people saying how crazy the $350 was, and being a Hot Toys collector, I was like "This could have easily been $500 at 16.5" and this detail" - But I guess when you are used to dropping $250-$285 on a 12" Hot Toys, this doesn't seem bad at all. I got mine on order and can't wait to get him!

Reaction score
I thought $350 was a steal for what they are showing, and with about $60 in rewards points, this was a no-brainer. I've held off on all the other Baby Yoda merchandise (plush, Funkos, etc) waiting for something of this quality. Very excited for this to ship.

Reaction score
Hard to say no at this price.

Were so used to these things being overpriced, were put into shock when they're actually a decent price.

Holding off for now, but not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

Reaction score
Instant pre-order at this price! I was expecting a much higher price around $550.00 but this I can handle. Can't wait to get this little green guy and photo bomb him everywhere! Outstanding looking collectible!

Reaction score
Over £400-£450 for UK collectors to buy in our country from retailers.
So well over $500 when converted. Cheaper for me to buy direct from Sideshow.

Reaction score
It's been years since I've purchased a high-end Star Wars item. Leave it to The Child to suck me back in!

Instant preorder for me.

...now I'm awfully tempted by the 1:1 Vader bust. Someone talk me off this ledge. :p

Reaction score
got my order in last night too. this was a no brainer. i was ready to pay 800-1000. so yeah 350 minus some reward points.. yup.... it cant get here soo enough.

Reaction score
SS was smart. They could have priced this much higher and it would have sold well. But by giving it such a great price, they are getting tons of preorders and possibly new customers. Enough to crash the server! When is the last time that has happened?

Reaction score
If this was the old days when these things were numbered I would imagine this little green guy would have sold out very fast!

Reaction score
i pre-ordered this as soon as i saw it for my wife. she is obsessed with baby yoda. i saw it was 350 and i said, man i wish i could buy 2, one for her and one for me to keep at work.

i bought only one and showed it to her, she wants it now, and doesnt want to wait

Reaction score
I couldn't believe the price and it made me think it was closer to 1/6 scale...looks freaking amazing. Pre-ordered inmediately before the site crashed yesterday. Here is a pic I just saw posted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's poor by Hot Toys announcing a 1:1 version only 24 hours after Sideshow.

Interested to see the 1/6 scale version, but having only just pre-ordered the Sideshow 1:1 figure less than an hour ago, i'll be sticking with that. Can't see there being much difference between the two companies unless HT release it with his crib.

Reaction score
That's poor by Hot Toys announcing a 1:1 version only 24 hours after Sideshow.

Interested to see the 1/6 scale version, but having only just pre-ordered the Sideshow 1:1 figure less than an hour ago, i'll be sticking with that. Can't see there being much difference between the two companies unless HT release it with his crib.
is there any pictures of the lifesize hot toys version? i already pre-ordered the sideshow, but if hot toys has one too, i would be in to buy that one too

Reaction score
is there any pictures of the lifesize hot toys version? i already pre-ordered the sideshow, but if hot toys has one too, i would be in to buy that one too
Nope, said that pics will be coming at a later date.

Scummy move of them announcing it the same day as SS/Legacy's went up but they probably saw the buzz around it and wanted to put something out and remind their customers that they'll be doing one too.

Reaction score
No pictures of any of Hot Toys The Child merchandise. Just the announcement that they will be producing stuff.

Clever ploy to halt potential pre-orders to Sideshow with the hope of people ordering Hot Toys instead.

Regardless of how it looks, i'm in the Sideshow version as I have a pre order in place that can not be changed unless i pay a cancellation fee.

Reaction score
Seems like a cheap-shot by Hot Toys to announce this right after Sideshow did. I like both companies so I will stick with the SS version so I don't have to pay a cancellation fee. That price point will be hard to beat in my opinion.

Reaction score
Got my preorder in... It looks amazing and I’m excited to get my first 1:1 collectible!
I do hope there’s at least a small amount of articulation at the neck and arms and the shift knob is removable.
Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
I too just preordered this! My ONLY worry is they couldn't get it to look anything like the quality of the proto. Yeah it's never gonna look EXACTLY like the proto quality wise on the mass production pieces. But I am hoping we could at least get say 90% of what the proto look like. Legacy Effects Baby Groot was weak imho

Reaction score
Got my preorder in... It looks amazing and I’m excited to get my first 1:1 collectible!
I do hope there’s at least a small amount of articulation at the neck and arms and the shift knob is removable.
Fingers crossed!
Yeah, this will also be my first 1:1 scale collectible...unless you count the Black Series helmets.

Reaction score
At $350, this is hard to pass up. I'm putting some serious consideration into ordering one. Anyone know of a distributor in Canada carrying this?

Coz

Reaction score
When I pre ordered it said aug-oct now it says aug-jan 2021. I wonder if that's because of the huge demand. Probably had to up the production run.

Reaction score
This is my first Sideshow purchase. Any estimates for the eventual shipping charge?

Reaction score
I think I'll have to bite on this. Do we know how long the pre-order will be up? I am not familiar with this process. Do we have time to hem and haw or should I pre-order today?

Reaction score
I think I'll have to bite on this. Do we know how long the pre-order will be up? I am not familiar with this process. Do we have time to hem and haw or should I pre-order today?
This will most likely be an open edition piece, meaning that the "limited edition" will be based off of how many they can sell lol. This will be up to buy for a long time.

Reaction score
Well, I did it..ordered. It feels pretty good. A 1:1 collectible for this price and level of quality seems like a really good value.

Was hoping to use my SS credit on something OT, but Baby-Yaddle is close enough. That pic from set with of GL w/the puppet seemed like a good omen. And of course I love the show overall.

And I wouldn't be a SW fan without some nitpicks....I do wish that the ball in his hand was removable.