Sideshow still have Star Wars License?

Reaction score
A month or so ago it occurred to me that there has not been a New PF in over a year. Then I realized they have not released any new Star Wars products including Hot Toys since January. I tried to talk to Sideshow about this and all they would say is some company garbage about not being able to talk about future releases. I am thinking they lost the license. Anyone have any insight?

Reaction score
A little birdie told me that they did not renew their license back in December.

Reaction score
I suspected they were done. Did the birdie tell you, Will they still be distributing hot toys?

Reaction score
Their last few pieces have been duds, which haven't sold, so they are probably slowing down production, thinking that DC/Marvel can sell more for them right now.

But the last few pieces were duds because of their decisions (ugly Han, tap dancing Luke Skywalker, another Boba Fett and another Darth Vader, Norman Reedus Ben Kenobi) so they have no one but themselves to blame for their recent struggles.

Their Darth Maul and Jango Fett are brilliant and sold well, and their Legendary Scale Yoda is a work of art but they've been so inconsistent with their pieces for the last few years now, that includes their Marvel and DC lines.

Reaction score
This was debated on SF. I think they have but just aren't making much for now. Been 10 months for a PF. DV was at CC.. I would be surprised if they gave it up. Also Igo announced a Rancor

Darth Maul was awesome.
Jango awsome
I did like ROTJ Darth Vader. not a great pose but great statue

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shame if it's true, but it's difficult to compete with Hot Toys for 1/6 and both XM and Iron Studios have shown they can create superior 1/4 statues.

Reaction score
I agree about IS, Xm but they couple hundred more than SSC. It is weird not anything new, teased

Reaction score
I would love to add the Jango Fett PF. Not a fan of the mixed medium pieces but to me this is probably the nicest Jango piece ever produced. I think it would go well with my XM Boba Fett statue!

Reaction score
I would love to add the Jango Fett PF. Not a fan of the mixed medium pieces but to me this is probably the nicest Jango piece ever produced. I think it would go well with my XM Boba Fett statue!
It really is a great piece.

I wasn't too fond of it at first, but once I saw in hand pics, I jumped on board. It goes great with the Boba Fett Bespin PF.

Reaction score
It really is a great piece.

I wasn't too fond of it at first, but once I saw in hand pics, I jumped on board. It goes great with the Boba Fett Bespin PF.
I liked it when I saw it, then waffled because I don't like mixed medium. At the time we were moving, so I used that to justify not buying it. By the time I started seeing all the in hand photos and it grew on me...sold out. Story of my collecting life LOL.

Yes Jango Fett PF is awesome. One of SSC best
I agree!

Reaction score
SSC has made some great PF
Jango
TESB Boba
Mech Maul
Shaak Ti
Speeder Bike
Socut
Snow
ROTJ Darth Vader yes not a great pose PVC head but other than that it's awesome
Darth Malgus
Anakin
Ventress
Cody
Rex
Emperor Throne crummy cloak but had a new one made
Tarkin
New Darth Maul
ROTJ Luke crummy pose but great statue

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought they did a great job with Shaak Ti. I also really liked Commander Cody, R2 & C-3P0 and Slave Leia as well.

Reaction score
Lets not forget their last Maul PF, such a simple pose but has such a presence in your collection.

The head sculpt is practically flawless too.

Reaction score
SSC has made some great PF
Jango
TESB Boba
Mech Maul
Shaak Ti
Speeer Bike
Socut
Snow
ROTJ Darth Vader yes not a great pose PVC head but other than that it's awesome
Darth Malgus
Anakin
Ventress
Cody
Rex
Emperor Throne crummy cloak but had a new one made

Grand Moff Tarkin with Interrogation Droid, and the first Artoo and Threepio with sandy base, also come to mind.

Reaction score
Tarkin is one I didn't get when it was up was waiting on a deal then was out of stock. Yes it is one of those great ones

Also the new Darth Maul, didn't get that one I have moved on to Trasnformers statues but yes it's awespme statue

Last edited:
Reaction score
The unsustainable bubble in this hobby has been quite apparent for several years now; Too many products, too high of prices, low demand......Pop!

Everyday, SS is slowly becoming a mere middle-man; a distribution company for other company's (superior) products. Zero sympathy. You reap what you sow.

Reaction score
yes started with SSC going from 1500 ES to 4000 to 9500 Then XM IA P1 IS CC got into the game then throw that when I started collecting PFs were $250.00 now $550.00 on up.

Reaction score
Price is totally the reason I can't bother with Sideshow. I bought all the 'alien' Jedi (Aayla, Plo, Kit, Ki Adi) and they were around $60 each. I haven't seen a Sideshow 12" figure in awhile... The sixth scale figures are now over $200... nope.

I wanted that Hot Toys Chewbacca.

Reaction score
I just bought one Hot Toys and found out that I didn't like figures but I paid like $70.00 in 2007

Reaction score
This has been written about on Freaks and SF, most think they don't have the license. SSC REPS on there SF a lot and they haven't written anything.

Reaction score
Lets hope that we have a good SDCC.

Not sure what they're doing over there, an EP3 Kenobi, Tie Pilot, Lando, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu and Thrawn would sell like hotcakes if they don't **** up the pose.

Reaction score
Lets hope that we have a good SDCC.

Not sure what they're doing over there, an EP3 Kenobi, Tie Pilot, Lando, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu and Thrawn would sell like hotcakes if they don't **** up the pose.

I would literally throw money at a TIE Pilot, Ahsoka or Thrawn! SSC's poor ability to pick premium format characters is terrible. Look how many duplicate (even triple) characters they have. And don't get me started on the prices....

Reaction score
I think with how much statues are now has made SSC not want to make anyone other than the main characters. 5-10-15 years ago they use to make almost any character, miss those days

Reaction score
They did have one more tease today and not Star Wars. IS does great work but they would have to get WW license if SSC didn't want it anymore. They are not cheap though about $200.00 more than SSC

Reaction score
I think this was it for teases. They use to just go until Monday but went few extra days this year. Mostly they don't have anything elae that wasn't teased

Reaction score
Yes we get GG bust statue here and there, IS has a statue, diorama here and there, XM is going to have a few pieces. Other than that yes it stinks for SW statue collecting

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wish Sideshow had lost their SW license way before they made the Snowtrooper Commander figure, that way we might have gotten Hot Toys version...