Sideshow Rewards Expiring after 1 year

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this but I think the 1:6 section has the most traffic.

Starting January 1st, Sideshow Rewards will expire a year after they become eligible to use. So anything you have eligible to use now (personally I have about $160), must be used by January 1st, 2022 or they'll expire.

"As of January 1, 2021, Sideshow Rewards from any source will have an expiration date of one (1) year from the activation date of the Sideshow rewards. The activation date is defined as the date the Sideshow reward became eligible to be used for redemption. Any rewards that are active as of January 1, 2021 will expire in one year on January 1, 2022. Sideshow Rewards listed as PENDING are not ACTIVE and therefore not assigned an expiration date."

Not sure if we'll get an official notice closer to the new year but wanted to spread the bad (and possibly customer damaging) news.

Reaction score
Huh, I just saw this on their website. Kind of lame, for the amount of money I spend at Sideshow you'd think the points would not have an expiration. I see their angle though, getting us to use expiring points may prompt us to buy something, not wanting to waste the points.

Reaction score
Well I'm waiting to use mine for the Mythos Maul; I have some pending but I'm at $415.00 right now. would like to get him for about $100

Reaction score
This makes me, as an international customer, even more wary of ordering something directly from Sideshow. So bye-bye Sideshow.

Reaction score
Huh, I just saw this on their website. Kind of lame, for the amount of money I spend at Sideshow you'd think the points would not have an expiration. I see their angle though, getting us to use expiring points may prompt us to buy something, not wanting to waste the points.
Plus their shipping for domestic shipping is outrageous...even moreso for international.

Reaction score
I had a hundred+ $'s in points and kept waiting for a 1/4 scale Ahsoka, that hasn't come yet, so I ended using it on the 1/6 Ahsoka instead. I had a goal on what I wanted to use it on, since the points had no expiration date. I kinda feel I would have to buy something that wasn't a must get in order to not lose the points.

Reaction score
I had a hundred+ $'s in points and kept waiting for a 1/4 scale Ahsoka, that hasn't come yet, so I ended using it on the 1/6 Ahsoka instead. I had a goal on what I wanted to use it on, since the points had no expiration date. I kinda feel I would have to buy something that wasn't a must get in order to not lose the points.

Honestly..waiting for the same thing lol.

How they haven't done a Mythos or 1/4 scale yet is beyond me.

Reaction score
Stupid question: If you use points on a pre-order does it redeem at the time of pre-order, or when the final purchase goes through?

Reaction score
Stupid question: If you use points on a pre-order does it redeem at the time of pre-order, or when the final purchase goes through?

I think it is about 40 days after the item has shipped or something like that

EDIT: Just checked, and you do receive the reward points 40 days after shipped.

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clear (doh!) - what I meant was if you use some valid points on a pre-order are they redeemed / used at that point, or when the pre-order finally ships? Since wait times are often >1 year is it possible you'd use points on a pre-order, but then they expire by the time the order actually ships (so you don't get the saving)?

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clear (doh!) - what I meant was if you use some valid points on a pre-order are they redeemed / used at that point, or when the pre-order finally ships? Since wait times are often >1 year is it possible you'd use points on a pre-order, but then they expire by the time the order actually ships (so you don't get the saving)?

Not a stupid question and I know exactly what you mean! It's super important too if you are getting pre-orders. For example, I pre-ordered Ahsoka and it shows ' Est. Arrival: Oct 2021 - Dec 2021 '. Well, if that got delayed until 2022 and the points I used on it expired, that would be a major bummer. However, I do note that regarding my Snips order specifically, it shows 'Rewards Pending: $0.00' & ' Rewards Redeemed: $250.00', which makes me believe that the points were actually used at the time of pre-order. I hope this is indeed correct! It would stink to have points vanish on a preorder because the actually ship/fulfillment date is a ways out there.