Sideshow Rancor Statue

Reaction score
Read on the Statue Forum that on today's SSL video David Igo SSC Art Director showed off a Rancor statue. No one has gotten a screeb grab yet that I have noticed. Is this is correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
They didn't show it off, they leaked it on accident. Nothing specific was revealed.

Thinking it might be a scaled statue or a bust.

Reaction score
I have the Rancor statue Gentle Giant made and also have the exclusive diorama/statue with Luke and the gamorrean guard that Sideshow produced a few years ago. That said, I would consider this leaked out version of the Rancor if the pose is good. But, being a 1/4 scale sculpt, I'm sure it will be quite tall and will have to see where to display it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also have the old Gentle Giant Rancor statue and I have really no place to display it. This one looks massive and if anything like the recent Thanos on Throne Statue and Hulkbuster and Juggernaught, I can see this probably maxing out at around $1500

Reaction score
Same .. I have the gentle giant rancor with keeper which I think is very detail .. I also have the GG Jabba set with all the characters including the band.. I would probably skip it due to price and space limitations.. I also have the rancor / luke statue..

Reaction score
This one is Studio Scale I read, I assume it will be 1499 USD as their last maquettes (Gladiator Hulk and Juggernaut) were about the same size an priced that high and they're all 3 Disney licences. I hope for less of course. Maybe there is an EX named Malakili, that would be great :D
Chris

Reaction score
That price isn't awful.

I got IS Vader for 1k, I guess it just depends on what else we get Star Wars wise the next year or so. I can justify it to myself next year if I don't get anything else lol.

I do want it but will have to wait and see.

Reaction score
I buy so little these days so that's how I stay in collecting for now. Be cool if SSC did a Wampa like this. If you like it I wouldn't miss it, not a character I want but it a great piece.. I like my IS Darth Vader but I can get couple TF statue for what I can get for him so not keeping

Reaction score
I think the Sideshow bust alone is much more detailed. Is that the material that there are less details than the polystone version?

Reaction score
This statue is amazing! Giant is an understatement. Not sure if I can really afford it though.

Reaction score
Please can MOD update title and move to other Star Wars section
Simply click on the 'Report' button under one of the posts in the thread and tell the mods what actions need to be taken. This way they will be announced through the forum directly about users' reports, while a simple post asking for help in a thread out of thousands might be missed.

rep.jpg

Reaction score
It’s cool , but that’s an awful lot of brown for $1300.00 !
Should of had a darker base for some contrast. Also could of included the keeper sitting next to him on a crate or something to liven up that base a little , and give it a little scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk