Sideshow New Stormtrooper Premium Format

Reaction score
Hey thanks. Guess so that's what we get. Would have loved a X-Wing Luke or Rebel Hoth Trooper both Tauntauns, just to name a few. Think it's going show up at Comic Con

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exciting! But I agree, I would love to see some OT characters that haven't been done yet...

Reaction score
Considering what they did with Chewy...just changed out the base....I'm not getting my hopes up too high on this one.

Reaction score
Hopefully things will be different, I however was not collecting at the previous release. Looking forward to seeing this one. Might pick one up :)

Reaction score
At least its a new pose and not just a different base. Thanks for the pics!

Reaction score
Trigger and trigger guard on the blaster look huge, lol. o-o :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Better pose than the original, I'm assuming this is still in the window for modification? I'd buy it but would prefer it was more accurate.

Reaction score
its been mentioned but yeah the trigger and trigger guard are way off. how does something like this happen?

also the knee area is sticking out and looks wrong.

Hopefully they fix this before the final piece.

Reaction score
its been mentioned but yeah the trigger and trigger guard are way off. how does something like this happen?

Agreed, if they fix this, I'm in.

I just hope it isn't a ridiculous $500+ piece.

Reaction score

Agreed, if they fix this, I'm in.

I just hope it isn't a ridiculous $500+ piece.

So I guess you don't mind the scope being backwards:

Reaction score
I have had to do some repairs to my statues and I have put piece on incorrectly, so I can imagine someone doing that.

Reaction score
That scope being backwards is the same mistake GG made a few years ago with their Imperial Gunner mini bust. I had to pull out the scope from the blaster and turn it the right way. It appears that's something people will have to do with the PF, if at all possible. Out of all three issues with the statue, turning the scope around seems to be the "fixable" one.

Reaction score
I stopped expecting perfection from Sideshow a long time ago. Just give me something that looks nice and close enough and I'll be happy. These things just sit on a shelf anyway. I'm just excited that they are making an updated Trooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stopped expecting perfection from Sideshow a long time ago. Just give me something that looks nice and close enough and I'll be happy. These things just sit on a shelf anyway. I'm just excited that they are making an updated Trooper.
Updated? I can only see a different trooper, not an updated one. The pose might be better, but that is all for now.

Reaction score
I can't get past the fact they allowed this piece to be shown with those egregious gaps in the armor. That NEEDS to be addressed. Those legs look awful.

Reaction score
They just announced it on Twitter. The leg gap is still there but makes me wonder if it's just his pose that makes it look short.

Reaction score
Gap in the armor between the breast plate and the exclusive Han portrait is even worse and more inaccurate than the large joint gaps. Not sure why it's so hard for Sideshow to reproduce something closer to what was shown on screen. I'm sure they know the sheep will eat it up regardless.

Reaction score
The pose is an improvement over the original, but now they drop the ball terribly with the huuuuge gaps in the armor. From what I’ve seen they never fix errors of this magnitude, so I wouldn’t hold my breath in this case. I almost feel like the Han portrait is a distraction to entice more buyers for this piece. It’s probably cheaper to add this EX than to reconfigure the armor. I’m hoping for the best, but not expecting it. If they fixed the gaps I might be in for the EX, but I would not be able to live with the gaps otherwise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The statue's bicep armor is too short, the armor around the neck is too wide open (looks like a gym undershirt), the shoulder bells should have a bit more meat on laterals. The armor also looks odd on legs with a lot of gaps. I don't care about the EX, it would sit in a box anyway. But if they don't fix the armor, no way I'm buying this.

DynamicMenace made a photo comparison showing some things that could be improved:

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me is very simple: no fix = no buy. The chest armor looks like a gym tank top for girls

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got the email : "Your Stormtrooper Premium Format(TM) Figure will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 11 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Friday, October 19, 2018. "

Reaction score
So i finally got my replacement on 12-9 for this with added delays etc by Sideshow There were deals being run for free shipping that i missed out on ..ahh well. Its an addition to my Star Wars collection which is what my main focus is. (Not the new crap) Thought id share some pictures.
More Pics here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5690613#post5690613

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the Han sculpt. But I cannot get past the ladies tank top armor on the statue and the lot of black showing on other parts. Take the armor from the old PF and add the new pose and you'd get a good Stormtrooper.