Sideshow New Obi Wan Kenobi Premium Format ??

Reaction score
Maveric223 on Freaks caught a screen grab on SSL with a photo that may be a new Obi Wan Pf. Also on Statue Forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Statues are now too much for most characters to get made anymore. I started to think that when we hit $400.00. in about 2014. Drat Darth Malgus was $170.00 less than Leia.
GG also have tripled use to pay $100.00 for a statue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maveric223 on Freaks caught a screen grab on SSL with a photo that may be a new Obi Wan Pf. Also on Statue Forum.
Man, when you start a thread mentioning photos from another forum/board/site, why don't you show them here? :| Or at least post a link to that particular thread. You do this constantly. Is that so much to ask? You just want to post first a thread or a topic? Not sure why is this happening all the time, I'm really curious. :) It is no hard task to do it, easier than writing a few words:

Posting a link to the thread:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-statues-props-etc-/188281-ss-live-obi-wan-pf.html

Posting a photo by simply taking the .img link and adding it here by clicking the pic button as seen below:

and the result is:

Reaction score
Few thoughts about this new Obi-Wan PF and how I feel about Sideshow PF collecting:
I’m 100% onboard with SS revisiting OT characters done before. Given that I was not in a place when it comes to my finances to get any of them when originally released, I’m happy to have an opportunity now. I’m sure a lot of other younger/newer collectors feel the same. Sideshow and most of the Star Wars collectibles companies have realized that they can make the most money by selling OT collectibles especially those of the major characters. I also like how the new PF statues have more dynamic posses and, in the case of the lightsaber wilding characters, better lit lightsabers. Now, these higher prices means that I’m limiting my new purchases to major characters who I deem “worthy” of such a large purchase. There is no way that I could just get everything that SS puts out and also wouldn’t get multiple PF statues of the same character. With all that being said I will definitely be getting this when released and use Sideshow’s payment plan.

Reaction score
Obi-Wan (old Ben) is my favorite character from the OT. That's why I have an array of collectibles dealing with the character, from the MR EP IV lightsaber to the Mythos statue. I will most likely be buying this PF, however, I'll have to wait for pictures showing the sculpt closer and from different angles. I'm interested, just not too sure what to make of it right now from this far away shot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it looks very good and I will probably order one. The eyes do seem a bit faint, but that could be the photography.

Reaction score
It's definitely an improvement over the original. I don't feel so bad now about letting that one go. I'm picking this one up for sure. It will look great with my canvas giclée "Knight of the Old Republic" by Jerry Vanderstelt.

Reaction score
This does look great so far.

Though were missing so many characters and another OT Obi-Wan shouldn't of been high on their list.

Still hoping for 2-4 new pieces being revealed at SDCC.

Reaction score
I have to get this no matter what. But I bet like the Leia it will be overpriced. I saw a pic on the site that looks like he has a swap out hand holding an ignited saber.

Reaction score
I have to get this no matter what. But I bet like the Leia it will be overpriced. I saw a pic on the site that looks like he has a swap out hand holding an ignited saber.
I'm sure there will be a full lightsaber that will be exclusive.
They had the better pose Luke Bespin with blaster as an exclusive.
Not a fan of exclusives tbh. Buying direct from sideshow is too costly for overseas collectors, so it makes getting any exclusive bit of a non starter.

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a full lightsaber that will be exclusive.
They had the better pose Luke Bespin with blaster as an exclusive.
Not a fan of exclusives tbh. Buying direct from sideshow is too costly for overseas collectors, so it makes getting any exclusive bit of a non starter.
It really is unfortunate how awful their Bespin Luke is looking, he looks so silly with the lightsaber. The blaster makes it a little better, but still looks like he's tap dancing.

I don't understand how they can make such an intimidating and simple pose like their recent Maul PF and then do poses like Bespin Han and Luke, who look awful.

Reaction score
Full images are up on Sideshow. Exclusive is Ponda Baba arm and blaster.
Happy with the standard version so will pre order once my retailer has this listed.

Reaction score
I'm ordering the exclusive. Old man Ben is my favorite character. Truly like the base with Ponda Baba's severed arm and blaster.

Reaction score
There you go, Ben ...

Hmmm...I see that you posted pics but they're not showing up for some reason. Anyway I was able to find the pics doing a Google search. This PF looks amazing and I like the pose this time. A pretty steep price at $550 for the exclusive but I guess that's the new norm for SW PFs.
I'd personally go for the regular edition on this one as I feel the base is not quite big enough for the Ponda arm and blaster (but I'm just nitpicking here).

Reaction score
Hmmm...I see that you posted pics but they're not showing up for some reason. Anyway I was able to find the pics doing a Google search. This PF looks amazing and I like the pose this time. A pretty steep price at $550 for the exclusive but I guess that's the new norm for SW PFs.
I'd personally go for the regular edition on this one as I feel the base is not quite big enough for the Ponda arm and blaster (but I'm just nitpicking here).
Sorry about that, Ben. I'm not sure what happened as all the pictures had been uploaded. Here I'll post them again:

Reaction score
This is easily the best looking PF out of the recent OT wave sideshow has made. Day one PO for me. The only question is whether or not I will get the exclusive.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. This is the shot I was referring to where the arm and blaster look a bit cramped relative to the size of the base.
PS-I emailed you and your PM box is full.

Sorry about that, Ben. I'm not sure what happened as all the pictures had been uploaded. Here I'll post them again:

Reaction score
SS Live confirmed that no light up saber.

My interest just plummeted. Pass.
That is extremely disappointing! How does the price of these keeps going up but they offer fewer features! With all that being said, I will still get it but display it without the lit lightsaber and I will not get the exclusive.

Reaction score
That is extremely disappointing! How does the price of these keeps going up but they offer fewer features! With all that being said, I will still get it but display it without the lit lightsaber and I will not get the exclusive.
It is a shame, their SW PF the past few years have been more misses than hits. I've only picked up Jango and Maul the past few years. Bespin Luke is my favorite Luke and they absolutely butchered the pose.

This Kenobi looks really good, but is not $550 good, especially with the lack of light up saber and a lame exclusive.

Not to mention a few weekends ago they raised the price of their ROTJ Darth Vader PF by 30 bucks, it is not priced at $530, a scummy move.

Leia is the only one of their recent ones I have interest in, I'll wait for the first in hand pictures of her before I make my decision though.

Reaction score
The resemblance to Guiness is excellent. The exclusive is not something I would want

Reaction score
I like it but the price is way too much! They are pricing me out of collecting. Thanks for nothing greedy Disney.

Reaction score
Love this - got my order in. I am still on the fence about the Leia, but this is so different than the original. LOVE the exclusive items.

Reaction score
It is a shame, their SW PF the past few years have been more misses than hits. I've only picked up Jango and Maul the past few years. Bespin Luke is my favorite Luke and they absolutely butchered the pose.

This Kenobi looks really good, but is not $550 good, especially with the lack of light up saber and a lame exclusive.

Not to mention a few weekends ago they raised the price of their ROTJ Darth Vader PF by 30 bucks, it is not priced at $530, a scummy move.

Leia is the only one of their recent ones I have interest in, I'll wait for the first in hand pictures of her before I make my decision though.
Yeah I have noticed prices climbing as well. The Jengo pf is 60 more than the Boba one I got that is pretty much the exact same statue. While 60 isn't a ton extra it has pushed me away from spending on these.

Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed prices climbing as well. The Jengo pf is 60 more than the Boba one I got that is pretty much the exact same statue. While 60 isn't a ton extra it has pushed me away from spending on these.
It has gotten a bit ridiculous, especially because their last 5 or 6 pieces have looked disappointing and don't deserve the price increase. I'm not paying $525+ for those horrible Han and Bespin Luke pieces and their "new" Chewie. Also a scumbag move increasing the price of their Darth Vader PF by $30.

Now this Kenobi looks alright but has no light up saber, a cheap exclusive and nothing outstanding to justify the high price tag. Leia looks very simple and costs an arm and a leg too.

There is no need to pre-order anything anymore.

Reaction score
Nice than the first old school PF, but in 2018 with companies like Prime 1 and XM making much better products, there's not enough in this piece to make me wanna replace my McGregor/Guinness Mytho piece.

Reaction score
I’ve ordered one, I do like the way it looks. Although the lack of a light up Lightsaber is disappointing, SS could still rectify this...

I don’t have the first Obi Wan PF and this will complement my Obi Wan Mythos (which I love and is going nowhere....)

Looking at the pictures, I think it looks better with the Lightsaber on the belt and the hand hovering above it. Although that wouldn’t quite be technically right with the exclusive base. As that reflects the scene just before Ponda Baba looses his arm...

Last edited: