Sideshow Mythos General Obi Wan Kenobi statue

Reaction score
SSC showed this concept about 10 years ago, anyone think they kept it for this statue

Attachments

• obi.jpg
    obi.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 73
Reaction score
Looks great, I want to remove the cape and fire though

Ventress is still the standout though, she really looks great and Maul looks awesome too.

Poor Sideous is definitely the weak link here lol

Reaction score
I disagree, it's a nice statue but of the 4 I think it's the weakest of the bunch. Not to mention, probably the best Mythos statue they made was the original Nomad Obi Wan so it would be extremely difficult to top that one. I get they are playing on the popularity of the Clone Wars but this one is lacking compared to just the dynamic poses of the other three and just the Concepts of the originals. It's a definite preorder in my book but there were so many other characters they could and should have made before this.

Reaction score
I will end up getting this just because it’s the closest we will probably get to a PT Obi-wan statue from Sideshow. I would prefer a ROTS Obi-wan PF though.

Reaction score
With you both, we eventually need a ROTS Obi-Wan (wouldn't mind a few redo's of PT characters either) but I won't be able to say no to General Kenobi.

Just want to be able to take the fire and cape off, which it looks like you'll be able to do.

Reaction score
Sideshow-Con-2020-Star-Wars-Collectibles-2.jpg
Sideshow-Con-2020-Star-Wars-Collectibles-3.jpg
Sideshow-Con-2020-Star-Wars-Collectibles-7.jpg

Looks much better in these high def photos, Sideshow needs to get a new HD camera.

Thankfully looks like the cape can remain in the box.

Reaction score
An interesting statue, not comparable to the old Mythos version, but nice. Is the cape removable?

Reaction score
An interesting statue, not comparable to the old Mythos version, but nice. Is the cape removable?

Looks like it, it looks like it goes around the neck area where the head goes in, looks easily removable.

Which I'll be doing lol.

Reaction score
Sure do! One of the biggest disappointments and failures from GG.
come on guys, we got the totally awesome Ugly-Wan in Clone Trooper Mini Bust out of that debacle! As if a horribly disfigured statue wasn't enough, we got a Mini Bust to complete the set! I forget, I'm pretty sure we had to pay for the bust but they cut us some kind of deal.
I think I sold off the bust but I still have the Statue on display

Reaction score
Remember how gorgeous the proto and promo shots were for the head sculpt and how bad the face sculpt actually turned out in production?

Good times.

One of the WORST GG debacles they ever made. Which is a real shame because it could have been one of the best statues they ever made.

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Obi-Wan in clone armor bust now and ...the likeness is still pretty terrible there. They kinda redeemed themselves with the ROTS Kenobi bust a few years later though.

This mythos piece puts them all to shame though.

Reaction score
They did it with the Slave Leia Statue and Mini Bust. They show these prototypes with amazing likeness and well the statue showed off a bit too much of her booty, then we get the item in hand and wow. Like what were they saying about the Mini bust, she had a horseface. Classic Gentle Giant....I'm glad I sold off most of my collection and don't feel that urge that I need to buy every bust they produce.

Reaction score
They did it with the Slave Leia Statue and Mini Bust. They show these prototypes with amazing likeness and well the statue showed off a bit too much of her booty, then we get the item in hand and wow. Like what were they saying about the Mini bust, she had a horseface. Classic Gentle Giant....I'm glad I sold off most of my collection and don't feel that urge that I need to buy every bust they produce.

Those were awful too. Which, again, is a horrible shame, because the mini-bust prototype was spot on.

Reaction score
Yup, that’s exactly what I was saying. They show us these stunning amazing preproduction pieces and then you get the final product and it’s like WTF happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I forgot about the Slave Leia debacle.

I do remember that prototype statue showing..a bit more butt then we thought it would lol

Reaction score
Carrie Fisher actually got pissed about it when she saw the prototype and I think that's a major reason it was changed.

Reaction score
One of the WORST GG debacles they ever made. Which is a real shame because it could have been one of the best statues they ever made.

One of many bad decisions by GG.

Obi Wan Statue
Leia Statue
Clone Trooper Rock Star World Tour
General Veers / Deluxe Veers switcheroo
The list goes on....

Reaction score
I love GG General Kenobi statue. got it when it came up and own it today. Don't have most of my statues from then now, but own Kenobi.

Last edited: