Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett

Reaction score
I'm on the fence with this. Seeing as I missed out on the statue, this would be a nice, budget friendly option. I already have the PF, .45 scale helmet, artwork & a couple other little accessories to go with it & I don't want to over saturate my collection with all these different versions of any particular character. Having a different type like a mini bust paired with a statue to compliment each other is something different. The statue would still be ideal though just because I missed getting one by 1 day & I have 2 other Mythos statues. Now, if they do the gammorean guard....I'd order that instantly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guess they are doing them all; but I'd still like the other statues that were teased years ago. One of my biggest gripes with SS and HT they tease stuff or start stuff and never finish it...

Reaction score
I've already got a decent collection of various Fett merchandise, so this would have to very unique looking for me to consider it. I like the Ob-Wan due to this factor, it's got that certain je ne sais quoi about it. As there's not much you can do with him to make him look different while staying true to the character.

But since I'm a Fan of Fett, I will keep tabs on this to see how it turns out.

Reaction score
Here's the image:

A little hard to really see anything in detail but it looks a lot like the Boba they have already released. Maybe a different helmet sculpt. Interested to see more of him, but I doubt I will get it. I have their first release and am plenty happy with it. I also have the Hot Toys animated version on PO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be passing as well. The Mythos statue doesn't look all that different from the regular Boba Fett costumes, so this 1/6 figure based on it isn't interesting to me either... unlike the much more inspired Mythos Obi-Wan.

On a semi-related note... Why is Sideshow wasting their time on this instead of finally putting out the figures based on McQuarrie concept art? It's been 3 or 4 years now since they teased that 1/6 scale McQuarrie Vader, which I suspect would sell really well. I wonder why the McQuarrie stuff got put on hold or seemingly cancelled. Next time one of you guys attends a toy show and has a chance to talk to a Sideshow rep, I wish you'd ASK them about this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be passing as well. The Mythos statue doesn't look all that different from the regular Boba Fett costumes, so this 1/6 figure based on it isn't interesting to me either... unlike the much more inspired Mythos Obi-Wan.

On a semi-related note... Why is Sideshow wasting their time on this instead of finally putting out the figures based on McQuarrie concept art? It's been 3 or 4 years now since they teased that 1/6 scale McQuarrie Vader, which I suspect would sell really well. I wonder why the McQuarrie stuff got put on hold or seemingly cancelled. Next time one of you guys attends a toy show and has a chance to talk to a Sideshow rep, I wish you'd ASK them about this.
I'm pretty sure the McQuarrie line is DOA, shame, I was totally in for that line...

Reaction score
Pass for me..
Sad they continue to rehash same characters ..
So many missed opportunities to bring out a new line / new release...

Reaction score
Main cast is in the hands of HT. They are behind when it comes to human headsculpts and it looks like they are not convinced a focus on second/third tier aliens or troops is a viable business model. Their recent Star Wars related reveals clearly show their strategy. Focus is on 1/4, 1/2 and 1/1 scale making good use of iconic figures (Vader, Stormtroopers, Fett, Luke, Han, Leia, R2, 3PO, Anakin, Obi-Wan...) avoiding direct confrontation on the 1/6 market.