Sideshow life-size Stormtrooper statue

Reaction score
Is it just me? ...or does this Stormtrooper's lens look more like the Rogue One's version?
Can't really put my finger on it, but the helmet just looks a bit odd...

Reaction score
Is it just me? ...or does this Stormtrooper's lens look more like the Rogue One's version?
Can't really put my finger on it, but the helmet just looks a bit odd...
This is not an accurate statue, we need to be clear on this. Sideshow is not known for screen accuracy, they are known for "artistic interpretation". Curious about final price though...

Reaction score
This is not an accurate statue, we need to be clear on this. Sideshow is not known for screen accuracy, they are known for "artistic interpretation". Curious about final price though...
Noted on that...
With the life-sized Boba Fett at USD 7,999.00,
I'm guessing this'll be at around 6,999 ++ based details involved.
I could be wrong tho.

But if that IS gonna be the price, I'd rather spend a fraction of that money to buy a full armor frm RS or Anovos and put it on a poseable mannequin. Pretty much like how you have done.

Reaction score
An accurate armor from RS or even one more idealized from Anovos (or others) and a flexible mannequin would be much cheaper than this statue. And with a bit of work would look much better than the statue too - I mean if you want a detailed base for example

Reaction score
Pffff...I did mine (that I can even wear) for nearly 1/4 this price:

Anovos (Pre-assembled armor): $1250
Mannequin (flex-black): $200
Boots: $90
iCOMM, Voice Booster, & mic: $160
Custom made blaster: $300

Total: $2000

Reaction score
I have my RS Prop Masters accurate TK armor with solid flexible mannequin, leather boots and holster also for much less than this statue. And I can wear the armor if want to, something I doubt will be happening to the statue

Reaction score
That looks great Sergiu..
I understand sideshow has to make a profit.. and pay royalties to Disney..
But their prices just insane...

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks great Sergiu..
I understand sideshow has to make a profit.. and pay royalties to Disney..
But their prices just insane...
Thanks. The idea is that you can get so many armor versions out there, for all tastes, with mannequins and for much less than the statue.

Reaction score
Looks like Legacy Effects is doing the sculpting for Sideshow...

Artists:

• Anthony Mestas (Design)
  • Legacy Effects (Sculpt, Mold & Cast, Paint, Costume Fabrication)
  • The Sideshow Design and Development Team
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.

Reaction score
I'm sorry but that helmet is just bad. I know Sideshow don't consider accuracy particularly important but the faceplate looks all wrong. The area under the eyes looks decidedly odd.

I'd take the RS Props armour any day - even if the Sideshow as a quarter of the current price.

Cheers

Jez

Last edited:
Reaction score

I don't know how much is Disney charging Sideshow for the royalties on a life-size statue (I'm not even sure they charge more for this than for any other 1/6 scale statue, Sideshow might even just pay a yearly amount for everything they will produce who knows...) but $8000 for only this? The helmet sculpt is not that great, for this price you'd expect more details even if not completely screen accurate. It looks like they only took the new 3.75" Stormtrooper sculpt and scaled it up like those Jakks Pacific big size figures. I don't know about how will be the final product, but on these pictures it looks as if the kind of "vents" on the jawline and under the lenses of the helmet are only decals, it doesn't look much better than on the $20 Black Series Stormtrooper figure. For $8000 I'd have hoped something more impressive. Oh well, I can't afford it anyway :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would rather get a mannequin with some Stormie armor and helmet for 1/5 of the price. The lenses aren't even green.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
SSC seems to have recasted some RS armor parts. For this price you can get a small army of accurate Stormie armors on cool flexible mannequins.

Reaction score
SSC seems to have recasted some RS armor parts. For this price you can get a small army of accurate Stormie armors on cool flexible mannequins.
Right. It sucks that they are catering to the elite collectors.