Sideshow Indy Figures....

Reaction score
While we await the next Sideshow Indiana Jones figure, I thought I'd share an image of the last one they released....the KOTCS version...a figure I really liked....

Really looking forward to the next one from them....

Reaction score
....and now, after a long wait, the next one is here! It's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

...really great looking figure. As an Indy fan, I'm so glad Sideshow didn't completely abandon this figure,,,it just got turned into a "Cult Classic"...whatever they want to call it, it is a terrific figure....

Reaction score
Another quick pic for the night...

If you're an Indy fan, don't miss this figure!

Reaction score
Great pics as always Jedibear! That second one, with that lighting, really captures the ToD look! Should have mine in hand this weekend and cannot wait.

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing what you think of him....I'm really digging this figure...

Reaction score
Nice pics, I want this but its going to be awhile.

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, jedisquared...I appreciate it! It helps to have such an awesome subject for the photos....here's a shot in some natural light....

...Sideshow has really delivered with this one. I'm hoping this isn't the last of Indy from them....

Reaction score
Very pleased with this figure. Great detail on it. I also like the idea of using a magnet on his head to keep his hat in place. Hot Toys didn't even do that for their Raiders Indy.

It's sad that this may be the last Indiana Jones-related figure we'll ever get. I was really hoping for Short Round and the mine car, since both were rumored long ago to be in production. You can even see the mine car in the early promotional photos of TOD Indy. A Mola Ram figure would have looked impressive too with all his costume detailing and that helmet.

Reaction score
Just placed my order. With the announcement of Indy 5, I'm sure we'll get more Indy products in a year or two when the movie is released. I'm hoping for another premium format figure.

Reaction score
Just placed my order. With the announcement of Indy 5, I'm sure we'll get more Indy products in a year or two when the movie is released. I'm hoping for another premium format figure.

Yeah, but I don't know if I'd bother to purchase an Indy 5 version of Indy unless his costume is uniquely different. I already have the Crystal Skull "older" Indy, and an Indy 5 version would just look even older with greyer hair.

What I wish Sideshow or Hot Toys would do is offer up a few more secondary characters. Short Round was rumored long ago with the mine car (probably sold together as a set like they did with Belloq/idol pedestal and Toht/Ark), but I'm betting we never get him. Mola Ram would be an impressive figure because of his ornate costume and horned headdress. And I wish we could at least get Marion from Raiders if they were willing to do at least one of Indy's female companions. Henry Jones Sr. probably won't happen due to the expense of licensing Connery's likeness, but at least we got a decent looking RAH version of that character long ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally got my SS ToD Indy this past weekend. Absolutely love this figure! Easily some of Sideshow's best work in 1/6 scale. I own pretty much every 1/6 incarnation of Indy released; Sideshow, Hot Toys, Medicom, Hasbro and this figure is by far the best. It makes me wish that SS would take another crack at Raiders Indy.

The weather hasn't been too cooperative here lately, so I couldn't get much good, natural, light but here are a few quick shots of mine out of the box, with only minor futzing:

Reaction score
So wanted this. ....but most reviews say it's atrocious quality with extremely poor production values. Are they all wrong?

Reaction score
Billy_Ray didn't seem to think so...did you check out his pictures further up? There were naysayers about X-Wing pilot Luke...but I loved it once I had it in hand.

Reaction score
The main criticisms appear to be:
- no paint on the arms where the arm is bent
- oversized hat
- extremely long neck
- poor weathering and blood paint apps on the shirt
- horrible hair piece join when hat is off
- silly right angled rip in the trousers

Not being overly picky, I'm looking for any excuse to pick this up because I love temple of doom (I bought the jango fett figure that was so harshly criticised, and I love it). ....just don't want to feel I'm being taken for a mug by paying a premium price for something that's reportedly so flawed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update: now SOLD OUT at Sideshow. You can always mod the outfit with more weathering & blood stains. The hairpiece line issue is unforgivable...but, you can remove the ring from the neck piece for a better fit. I would never display mine without the fedora...it's too iconic.

Reaction score
Not sure what reviews you have read or seen, I tend to be my own judge, though I did see a youtube review of this figure that was laughably negative...you would have thought this figure had killed the guy's dog and raped his grandmother the way he went on and on about how horrible it is. He must not have received a free one to review. Anyway, for what it's worth, I own every 1/6 Indy that is out there, except for the Toys McCoy, and this is by far the best IMO. But only you know what you like. Anyway, here are some pic in better lighting:

Reaction score
Will have mine Thursday...must have bought one of the last ones, if not the last one. I like that pose, Billy_Ray....I'm going for something like that when I get mine.

Reaction score
Not sure what reviews you have read or seen, I tend to be my own judge, though I did see a youtube review of this figure that was laughably negative...you would have thought this figure had killed the guy's dog and raped his grandmother the way he went on and on about how horrible it is. He must not have received a free one to review. Anyway, for what it's worth, I own every 1/6 Indy that is out there, except for the Toys McCoy, and this is by far the best IMO. But only you know what you like. Anyway, here are some pic in better lighting:

Oh don't get me wrong, I take reviews on anything with a pinch of salt, but it's not so easy to be your own judge with an item as expensive as this. Without the ability to see it in hand I'm at the mercy of others opinions..... and the reviews are mostly bad. I want it, and watching a couple on eBay at the moment. Just don't want to make an expensive decision that I might regret.

Out of interest, have you tried the jacket from hot toys indy on this, I'm curious to know how it looks.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Great collection of shots, Billy Ray....I agree...this figure is one of the best 1:6 scale Indy ones out there. I hope Sideshow revists one more time with LC...I'd love to see another Indy from them that looks as good as this one.

Here's a couple of moody outdoor shots...

I don't know what some of those folks complaining about this one were expecting...as shown in thhread...the figure looks great in everything from studio shots, table-top pics and outdoors too. It's a solid release.

I'm glad it sold out at SSC...hopefully it shows them the interest for Indy is still there....

Reaction score
It's okay but not on any kind of top tier Level for a 2016 release or even any Indy that came before it.