Sideshow Grievous pictures: Please post

Reaction score
If anyone has pictures of the Grievous statue could you please post some pictures? I saw some pictures taken at C3 but can't find them now. I still can't figure out that archive thing on this forum yet,it drives me nuts. Thanks for any help
Bill

Reaction score
The only difference Vader premium vs Vader non-premium is the mouse droid. The figure is not altered.

Reaction score
Why would anyone buy the regular version when it's the same price as the exclusive? It's #'d out of 2500(compared to 1500 for the exclusive) and it doesn't come with the cape.

Reaction score
Brent72 said:
Why would anyone buy the regular version when it's the same price as the exclusive? It's #'d out of 2500(compared to 1500 for the exclusive) and it doesn't come with the cape.
Easy bro..the exclusive is sold out...so if you want the exclusive one you probably will have to resort to EBAY and pay double...

Reaction score
Before you hit ebay, head to Sideshow's website and put your name on the wait list for the exclusive Grievous if you're interested. Having seen it in person, there's no way I would get the regular version if there was any way to get the exclusive caped version--it looks great. There's quite a good chance that between cancelled orders and declined credit cards that you can end up getting one from the waiting list if you try.

Reaction score
Brent72 said:
Well since they come from dealers they arn't the same price. Dealers mark down usually 15%+ thats a $70 or more surcharge for the cape. It's not worth it to some people. Or even an option for others (it being sold out).

Jesse

Reaction score
At first there was word that the caped version was going to be like 50 bucks more. If I remember correctly you could get the regular version for a least 50 bucks less at other retailers, so yeah, technically I guess it was cheaper for the regular version. I like the caped version and all, but if you think about it, having the regular version is still pretty damn cool. There's all that detail and stuff that you can check out that would otherwise be covered by the cape.

I know that it's supposed to be like 18" tall, but is that measuring to the tip of the lightsaber blade? I ordered a caped version and was trying to visualize exactly how tall this sucker is going to be. I've only seen the C3 pics, but I'm thinking this will look better in person.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raider said:
Brent72 said:
Easy bro..the exclusive is sold out...so if you want the exclusive one you probably will have to resort to EBAY and pay double...
Did you click BOTH of those links above? The regular AND the exclusive versions are wait list items with a price of $450. That's the reason I asked why anybody would buy the regular when they could get the exclusive for the exact same price.

Reaction score
Brent72 said:
Tusken_Raider said:
Brent72 said:
Did you click BOTH of those links above? The regular AND the exclusive versions are wait list items with a price of $450. That's the reason I asked why anybody would buy the regular when they could get the exclusive for the exact same price.
Yes I am fully aware of Sideshows product line and their prices, but the regular is a long way from being sold out at retailers. They are not the same price unless someone for some reason doesn't want to go to a retailer to save $70-$100. In that case nobody would buy the regular over the exclusive unless the Exclusive were sold out already (which it is). I can't immagine why anyone would buy the regular edition from SS at full price, if you find a good retailer that appreciates your business you can be better taken care of by a retailer then with SS direct and for 15-30% less.

Jesse

Reaction score
I like the caped version a lot - but...

in that pose and as far as the scene in which the pose is based
- then the cape is not accurate / he removed the cape before drawing his lightsabers

Reaction score
I put myslf on the waiting list for the caped version July 31 and it was converted to an actual order August 19. I would guess a lot of people are thinking twice about the $450 price tag.

Reaction score
zapcity said:
I put myslf on the waiting list for the caped version July 31 and it was converted to an actual order August 19. I would guess a lot of people are thinking twice about the $450 price tag.
Plus there are those who decide to buy some other collectible, not necessarily feel that this piece is not worth it. Then I'm sure there are guys on the fence about their pre-order because of their disappointment in GG's performance.

That's cool you were able to get your order that quickly! Good news for everyone considering getting on the waiting list.

Reaction score
Exactly why is he that much more expensive than the other Premium format figures? The detail of the sculpt itself?

The Vader even has electronics and a smaller run, and is 100 bucks cheaper.

Reaction score
There definately seems to have been a bit more work put into the Grievous sculpt and paint app, but really, since when do these guys need a reason to charge you more?