Sideshow Grevious Help!

Reaction score
I have one of the SS Grevious on order,the one with the cape. I have never seen the statue in person or any SS product in person and I was wondering if I should keep my order or cancel it? I don't really have the money but my credit card can fix that. My question is do you that have seen this figure at C3 or elsewhere feels that it is worth the 450.00 pricetag? Will this become a centerpiece of my collection? I am confused right now and really question if is going to be worth the price.
Thanks, Bill

Reaction score
I have been a fan of SW since the beginning. I have been a serious collector for 11 years.

The sideshow Grevious, to me, is one of THE finest star wars collectibles ever made. It's easily in my top 5 list.

I did see it at C3 and I couldn't stop taking pictures. I'm still in awe of it even though I know I'll never have it.

Keep in mind though, it's huge.

Reaction score
What he said.

If you buy one more star wars collectible in your life, buy this. Money is no object on this one for me. And that's the only time I've said that in my entire life.

Reaction score
I spent the better part of the entire 3 days I was at the con looking at Grievious and the Predator Maquette which were next to each other. Needless to say get it!

Jesse

Reaction score
i have seen it at C3 and at last years comic con. and everytime i walked past it i had to stop and stare. I found myself saying "i cant beleive i am going to own this". it is THE BEST star wars item you can buy. i ASSURE you that if you cancel your order and change your mind later, you will spend 1000+ to get one. Keep it. you will not regret it.

Reaction score
I was unsure if I should cancle my preorder too so I drove down to Comic Con this past summer and after staring at Grievous for way too long I decided I had to have it. In my opinion both the Sideshow Grievous and Vader are keepers. The others are great too but where in the world would I put all of them? I'll probably crumble when they do the droids though...

Reaction score
I originally ordered this one as well. The piece is extremely impressive and huge! I canceled my order due to the fact that I feel he went out like a punk in E3 and didn't warrant spending a large sum of cash on a character that I really didn't care for. If you like it and the character, keep it.

Reaction score
i got mine pre-ordered through sws. i missed out on the SS exclusive w/cape. im not too mad about that since i will most likley be getting the attakus grevious witch has a cape. the only way i would cancel my order is if when it gets closer to being released and an on-line retailer or ebay has a better deal than the retail price i have it preordered for. as for the statue itself it is THE MOST IMPRESSIVE collectible i have ever seen. at c3 i had to keep walking by it. it is jaw-dropping
my collection has pretty much every attakus gentle giant,and master replica product made. the grevious blows them all away.

Reaction score
Did maul "go out like a punk" too? obi has a way of killing bad guys while hanging over a ledge. it seems to be just one of his "specialities"

no shame for greviuos. im pretty sure ki adi mundi and shaak ti wouldnt think he was a punk. nor would any of the jedi that "donated" their saber to the general. he kicks *** and so does his statue

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the SS caped exclusive way back when and I was actually wondering whether or not to hold onto it too. For the sole reason that I thought that the helmets were going to be released by now, but now it looks like I'm getting bombarded all within a months time. I'm just hoping I can pay off the grievous to avoid not having to go over the limit on my CC for other presales.

Anybody know the exact shipping date on this, last I checked it was supposed to be end of Dec.

Reaction score
Yeah, Han was supposed to be out 3rd quarter '05 and now he's pushed back until January. Vader is after Han (supposedly February). I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the Grievous until the summer.

Reaction score
If this is true then tomorrow if you check it, it SHOULD say "In Stock"....

Reaction score
well when I ordered my Obi sideshow it said shipping in Nov now its shipping in feb they culd just have there dates messed up(thats not too oncommon with them)

Reaction score
I don't collect SS, but after hearing all the buzz about General G I went ahead and ordered one, just in case. I wasn't at C3, but from the reaction I'm reading in this thread I'm glad I did.

I can't wait to see it in person.

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen three stages of its production in person, and I've got to say it is amazing. I love this line to death, but each new one is better than the last.

Reaction score
amdevil said:
Did maul "go out like a punk" too? obi has a way of killing bad guys while hanging over a ledge. it seems to be just one of his "specialities"

no shame for greviuos. im pretty sure ki adi mundi and shaak ti wouldnt think he was a punk. nor would any of the jedi that "donated" their saber to the general. he kicks *** and so does his statue
I knew I would get a response to the punk issue. Getting shot in the gut and then bursting into flames?? Come on! Anyways, here is how I see it.

Did Maul go out like a punk, ummm, no. Maul's fight scenes were completely awesome and he was actually a real person. To me, he was a real character, and he went out like a man, alien, whatever. Don't get me wrong, I love the bad guys, but to me Grievous died too soon in E3 and did not see enough action (like he did in the cartoons). Sure he killed a lot of jedi, it is too bad we didn't get to see how cool he was on the big screen and only saw him in true form as a cartoon.

To get back on topic, in the end, to me, $400 is just too high a price to pay for a character that I really don't care for. The statue is amazing, but it is not for me. Just my opinion. If you like it, buy it.

Reaction score
While I too was EXTREEMLY dissapointed in his portrayal in ROTS I am still getting the statue, it is that good really.

Jesse

Reaction score
The statue is awesome and you better make some space because is HUGE!!!

Reaction score
TA2215 said:
The statue is awesome and you better make some space because is HUGE!!!
As for Grievous portrayel,

How much more time does Lucas spend on the guy? Every minute, every second takes away from Anakin's tragedy. This isn't the story of Grievous (he has a very cool and extensive EU backstory). There is no character arc for Grievous, nor is there need for one. If they were to add one thing to make his character more simpathetic, it would be to have some line by Sidious to Dooku about how Grievious ended up his new exoskeleton. That little parallel would have worked nicely with Anakin's transformation. But to spend more than that on the film about Grievious would have been at the sacrifice of more important data. Namely how and why Anakin's fall.

I'm not in love with Grievious. And I agree he had a more prominant role in the cartoon but that isn't going to stop me from buying this unbelievable statue when it's released.

Besides, Grievous has Obi-wan beat at the end of the battle. Obi-Wan against every will in his body becomes uncivilized to come out victorious. I really loved that scene.

Reaction score
I didn't mind the time aloted him so much as the wheezing.

Before you say it, I know why he was like that. Dosen't change the fact that it was irritating as hell to watch though. He could have been healthy and still had obi wan kick his [censored] and I would have been totally ok with that.

Jesse

Reaction score
SWDave said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the bad guys, but to me Grievous died too soon in E3 and did not see enough action (like he did in the cartoons). Sure he killed a lot of jedi, it is too bad we didn't get to see how cool he was on the big screen and only saw him in true form as a cartoon.
I wish we could have seen more screen time with him fighting more Jedi, but none the less he was a minor character in the film. This doesn't change the fact that he is part of the SW universe, and one of the baddest looking bad dudes.

Four arms with four lightsabers a-blazin'. I just couldn't pass this one up.