Sideshow Darth Vader Premium Format 1/4 2021

Reaction score
I got 700.00 for my ROTJ PF, R1 DV PF isn't cheap, so for SSC should be a biggie

Last edited:
Reaction score
We were due for another Vader I suppose. With how bad I thought the Rogue One Vader PF was, it sold out relatively quick.

Looks to be ANH Vader too?

Reaction score
I understand that Sideshow needs to keep making statues of the widely known characters to fill their coffers, I just feel that there are other characters they could “remake” that merit a PF before another Vader. They could make another Jedi Luke, ROTS Obi-Wan, Old man/Jedi master Luke, Luke in X-wing gear, padawan Obi-wan, another Anakin either ep 2 or 3, Jedi Rey an even a phase 2 Rex at this point with the popularity of the The Clone Wars merits a remake before a 4th Vader. There’s also characters like Mace Windu, and Qui-Gon that have never been made in PF that will probably sell very well. All that been said, that’s an easy pass for me since I’m happy with my ROTJ Vader with light up saber and base. But I’m glad for collectors that want another one.

Reaction score
I understand that Sideshow needs to keep making statues of the widely known characters to fill their coffers, I just feel that there are other characters they could “remake” that merit a PF before another Vader. They could make another Jedi Luke, ROTS Obi-Wan, Old man/Jedi master Luke, Luke in X-wing gear, padawan Obi-wan, another Anakin either ep 2 or 3, Jedi Rey an even a phase 2 Rex at this point with the popularity of the The Clone Wars merits a remake before a 4th Vader. There’s also characters like Mace Windu, and Qui-Gon that have never been made in PF that will probably sell very well. All that been said, that’s an easy pass for me since I’m happy with my ROTJ Vader with light up saber and base. But I’m glad for collectors that want another one.
I completely agree, I've just become numb to it at this point lol. We haven't gotten Boba in 3 or 4 years either, I fully expect to get a new Boba PF sometime this year, probably to coincide with his show too.

They're probably hesitant to do more Luke's and Han's due to the terrible reception their Bespin Luke and Han have gotten, and after all these years, are still available. Not our fault that those statues are trash.

It is a crime we haven't gotten a PT Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lando, or Qui-Gon Jinn after all these years.

Reaction score
They have no one to blame but them selves on the ESB Luke and Han. How those poses made it to production is beyond me. Even the most popular characters won’t sell if the statue looks horrible
I remember how excited I was years ago when we got the teases for both of them. My favorite versions of those characters and I could finally have them in PF.

...then the poses came out, bad head sculpts and the disappointment set in.

How you mess up Bespin Luke is beyond me.

Reaction score
I have waited 15 years for
Luke-Han Tauntauns PFs
Probe Droid PF
Rebel Trooper TESB
Thrawn PF
Droideka PF
Magna G PF
New GG PF
New ROTJ PF
but with Darth Vader he is popular

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disappointing but not surprising.

I'm happy with my Jedi Vader PF which is similar looking to this new version (and probably a few hundred pounds cheaper than what this new one will cost)

Reaction score
Looks nice but it's really not needed given the number of previous Vader statue's available.
That pretty much sums up how I feel too. This is a pretty sweet looking statue IMO and if I am being honest, I am such a big Vader fan that I never really get tired of seeing new items. That said, it would be nice if SS expanded their horizons and gave us some statues for other characters. Persoanlly I would love to see:

Mara Jade (I heard that this almost happened but the plug was pulled at the last minute);
Thrawn (The comic and not the cartoon version please. That, or wait until he is cast for live action);
Darth Revan;
Mandalorian Heavy Infantry Trooper
Bossk
Shae Viszla
501st Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Gentle Giant called....they want their poses back....1st Kenobi now Vader, if a “fingering” Fett shows up I’ll know it’s more than coincidence.

Reaction score
They desperately need a new Luke Jedi PF. I could not bring myself to buy the first version. It was the absolute worst pose ever and was the sole reason I didn't pull the trigger. I'm fairly flexible on a pose, but that one was just awful and could have easily went with a number of more iconic stances.

I never got around to ordering a Vader PF yet because I just thought the base was too tall. This one might be good, but will have to think about it.

Reaction score
They desperately need a new Luke Jedi PF. I could not bring myself to buy the first version. It was the absolute worst pose ever and was the sole reason I didn't pull the trigger. I'm fairly flexible on a pose, but that one was just awful and could have easily went with a number of more iconic stances.

I never got around to ordering a Vader PF yet because I just thought the base was too tall. This one might be good, but will have to think about it.
I am still patiently waiting for the ultimate Luke and Han 1/4 statue.

XM Studios Hoth Luke is probably the best one out there imo.

Reaction score
So this Vader is not from a specific movie?
What about the base? Looks like "Star Wars: Rebels".
Chris

Reaction score
It is ANH inspired. Sideshow is not known for accuracy, they insist on artistic interpretation.

Reaction score
I really like the Mustafar base! I would order this but I just don't have the space and it would need to be in a big case to keep the dust off of it.

Reaction score

Now that you point that out, the RoTJ Luke PF pose and the more recent ESB PF Luke pose are really similar and both are horrible.

Reaction score
Really not sure of this one. How many do I need? SSC PFs, plus HT's 1/4? Not to mention the Mythos? I love me a new collectible, but this may be a bridge too far for someone who has been with the high end from, MR, SSC, and GG since 2002