Sideshow Darth Maul Mythos statue 2020

Reaction score
Very. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the prototype statue.

Reaction score
I have the TPM Maul they released a few years ago, it portrays the character perfectly.

However if this is mix of Mandalore/Crimson Dawn Maul, it'll be difficult to ignore.

Reaction score
Although I love Maul and the way this looks, I was hopping for new, especially light side, characters in this format. The only light side character so far has been Obi-Wan I feel a Mythos Jedi Master Luke would sell well, also Asoka, Anakin in Clone Wars Armor, or even a Mace Windu since no one has done any statues of him.

Reaction score
It's fine (I prefer the original Mythos better). But I don't understand the obsession with Maul as of late, across the board with all companies. Since they made another Maul, I hope we get another Boba Fett or Jango Fett then too. Or a non orange Vader...

Reaction score
It's fine (I prefer the original Mythos better). But I don't understand the obsession with Maul as of late, across the board with all companies. Since they made another Maul, I hope we get another Boba Fett or Jango Fett then too. Or a non orange Vader...
Maul sells, though I would of loved another character (uhh where is Ahsoka? Ahsoka Mythos and PF please) or another brand new character for Mythos, I get them going back to Maul. Just like Vader and Boba Fett, he's a guaranteed seller.

And at least this has a somewhat unique take on him, inspired by his TCW look.

Reaction score
Stupid me for being picky, but I can't figure out why Maul has metal toes. Wouldn't that be pointless? Maybe Maul is desperate to look humanoid.

Statue looks ferocious, though. I have the first Mythos version so I'll probably pass on this.

Reaction score
Stupid me for being picky, but I can't figure out why Maul has metal toes. Wouldn't that be pointless? Maybe Maul is desperate to look humanoid.
Glad I'm not the only one who's not a fan of the toes - what a weird design choice! A blocky robo-foot would be much less distracting.

I'll be getting this for sure, been wanting a mecha-Maul statue for the collection for a while now. Love that the clothing combines elements of his TPM and early TCW outfits, and the base thematically fits his post-TPM development really nicely.

Reaction score
Maul sells, though I would of loved another character (uhh where is Ahsoka? Ahsoka Mythos and PF please) or another brand new character for Mythos, I get them going back to Maul. Just like Vader and Boba Fett, he's a guaranteed seller.

And at least this has a somewhat unique take on him, inspired by his TCW look.
Maul sells, but it's become an obsession. GG have released like 4 Maul pieces (2 mini busts, a head bust, statue). SS / Hot Toys did a Solo Maul figure, and now this SS statue. He is not that popular IMO. I actually like Darth Maul and how they brought him back in the Dark Horse comics, then did a revision of that story in TCW. But it's just a bit much of him.

I also agree with your point. Why no Ashoka? No Captain Rex? No Clone Commanders?

I mean of course Vader and Boba are the bread and butter, especially being the 40th Anniversary of ESB. But it is also the 15th Anniversary of ROTS, so why not more Clones?

These are simply questions I have for the manufacturers, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The blog is up

$610

Reaction score
Wondering is everyone’s thought on the size of the actual character in this mythos, is it comparable to the size of a Premium Format character (i.e. ~1/4 scale)? Thanks.

Reaction score
The are 1/5 scale so just a bit smaller than the Premium Formats. I could post the Vader PF next to the Mythos for comparison if you want.

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback DarthRican. That would be fantastic if you could show that comparison.

Reaction score
To add to that...$610 is insanely high for a 1/5 statue.

Ventress has some size to her due to the huge base but even her price is a bit ridiculous.

Reaction score
To add to that...$610 is insanely high for a 1/5 statue.

Ventress has some size to her due to the huge base but even her price is a bit ridiculous.
I agree, these higher prices are causing me to be very selective. I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of the new Mythos even though I like them all. At this point I’m saving my money for an Asoka, Luke or Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
I agree, these higher prices are causing me to be very selective. I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of the new Mythos even though I like them all. At this point I’m saving my money for an Asoka, Luke or Obi-Wan.
Same, I must not let quarantine boredom get the best of me lol

I pre-ordered Ventress almost immediately even with that price due to how unique the piece is and how underrepresented Ventress is, I think I can wait on Maul a bit or use rewards points down the line.

Their recent TPM Maul PF is good enough for me right now.

Reaction score
Grievous would be a day 1 pre-order for me

very under represented in the collecting game, along with movie characters like Windu, Lando, PT Obi-Wan and Qui Gon

Reaction score
What the hell haha. I want mine already. Prob the same group that had the Asajj ahead of schedule too.

Reaction score
This looks fantastic, between some of the early pics and SS releasing the unboxing vid and production pics, they knocked this out of the park.

I might have to break