Sideshow and their Lousy Shipping/Damaged Boxes

Reaction score
I get a lot of Star Wars Sideshow stuff. I don't collect to resell stuff. Everything is taken out of the box and displayed. I would say the first half of my Sideshow Star Wars collection I didn't even save the boxes. Now I do.

The last 5 or 10 figures (including Premium Formats) that I have received have come with crunched and dented boxes. I haven't bothered to complain because the figures were fine and I don't anticipate any of this stuff getting resold until my estate sale in a few decades.

But the Mythos Bob Fett came today. The outer, cardboard box was literally flapping open with the tape undone. The box inside, of course, is dented and crunched. Not horribly, but noticeably. I'm really just kind of fed up with it, more than anything.

I am sure there must be some collectors out there who just put these things right back in the mail and send them back for an exchange. Anyone care to share their experiences with this? Im still going to take him out and display him and put the box in my attic with all the others, but man this is ridiculous, and must present a huge headache for them.

Reaction score
Sorry to read about your Boba. Mail services these days are appalling. Careless, disrespectful and each showing a pattern of wilful damage to items in their care.
the best shippers have always been those that double box with a slight gap between them.

Customs can also be pretty poor. I bought the Attakus Millennium Falcon diorama and instead of opening the box, they decided to slash the end of the box open with a knife. Bloody fools.

Reaction score
Yikes! Yeah, I guess maybe I shot this off too quickly, blaming Sideshow and not UPS. That being said, the outer packaging for this Mythos Fett has to be the flimsiest I have seen, and it clearly wasn't taped properly for the one half of the box to arrive flapping wide open.

Reaction score
Just received 2 items I had ordered thru side show..
both items came damaged..
reached out to customer service.. Waiting to hear back from them..
The wolf predator came damaged.. paint is smeared from the neck.. The other item was the aliens covenant full scale alien replica.. The base has a missing round cushion.. it has 3 out 4 which is making the base wobbly.. Both boxes came damaged with holes on them even though it states fragile.. Ups not doing a good job...

Reaction score
Well, I just got a Darth Vader Japanese Movie Realization figure because I could use my SS rewards. It comes today. After reading these posts, I am concerned because I could of got it off Gamestop (who do flawless shipping) for only $5 more :(.

Honestly, the only other things I ever got from SS in the past are polystone statues, and the manufacturer packs those so well it's hard to mess them up.

Reaction score
I have bought a LOT of stuff from Sideshow, and I have really never had any problems until the last year. Not sure what is going on. Let us know how yours shows up.

Reaction score
Well, I am off from work today and it already came. I have to admit, it was well packed and came in perfect condition. There was a lot of padding inside and it was a snug box. The shipping box did have some good corner dings so I was initially worried, but the inside figure box is fine.
IMG_6275.JPG

Reaction score
I deliver for usps and am shocked how few things I've ordered have had problems. Most workers aren't treating your statue/figure/bust like a collector would. Person delivering is probably trying their best, but stuff shifts and falls pretty regularly. So many ways to get a damaged outer box.

Still think we pay enough to expect a perfect product and it's on Sideshow (whatever company) to pack it well.

I mostly do statutes and have had great experiences with Sideshow.

Reaction score
So Sideshow is sending me a second box. I really don't need it, but very cool that they are doing that.