Sideshow 1:6 R2-D2

Reaction score
Oh, my...

Can't tell if it's Tamashii or just Sideshow releasing their own but it looks absolutely AWESOME from what i can see. Lights (sounds?), moving parts and nice bonuses, let's hope the production piece will hold that proto promises.

Reaction score
Expecting a pricepoint similar to Grievous or the Probe droïd. It could be priced cheaper though as R2 could be released as a PT version with few tweaks. It's also a good base for a couple more astromechs... even though i'm probably not ready to buy a dozen of these at that scale.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it's a Sideshow release then I'm pretty sure it'll be within my budget but if it's the Tamashii figure then I'm not sure it'll be all that affordable BUT we shall find out soon enough. :)

Reaction score
If it's a Sideshow release then I'm pretty sure it'll be within my budget but if it's the Tamashii figure then I'm not sure it'll be all that affordable BUT we shall find out soon enough. :)
Coming Soon to Sideshow Collectibles

The clever and spunky R2D2 would serve bravely and fearlessly Padme Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, and Luke Skywalker on many missions and tasks. With his friend C-3PO almost always at his side, this pair of droids would end up on many adventures. Sideshow Collectibles R2D2 Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure will be available for Pre-Order very soon to add to your Star Wars collection!
That answers that.

Reaction score
The more i look at that video the more i'm convinced this piece is not related in any way to the tamashii proto. Pricepoint should make this affordable... well more affordable than Tama 3PO anyway.

Reaction score
This better be in scale with the Tamashii C-3PO. I was looking forward to their R2, thinking they had gone back to the drawing board on it since there where so many complaints that even that one wasn't in scale.

So I guess I'll get this one? Maybe I'll wait?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I've been wanting a 1:6 scale R2-D2 for many years & since Gentle Giant let everyone down by cancelling their statue it'd sure be nice to have Sideshow make what GG failed to. :)

Reaction score
Wow this looks nice!!!
How come SS can get this done and GG can't???

Reaction score
Both companies have totally different approaches. One is going the polystone statue way where the other chose plastic/metal articulated figure. They are clearly facing radically opposite challenges.

Reaction score
So this is close enough to be "in scale" with the GG 3PO statue? (Please say yes…)

Reaction score
I missed the PF C3PO & R2 so i am definitely in on this one! I betting price comes in between $100-120. As much as i want a C3PO to go with it, i hope they don't release him at the same time. My wallet is already hurting from WonderWoman PF, Catwoman PF, and Green Poison Ivy PF.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Medicom did pretty good job too.
One of the my favorite R2 so far.
But I am sure Bandai will do the better job.

Sideshow R2, I was not expecting selling so soon.
This is a same manufacture GG try to use? May be so, I'll ask.

The magnetic lightsaber gimmick is very clever.

I wish I can fly to go there office and play with it.

Can't wait.

Reaction score
I'm in, for sure! Been waiting forever for R2. Now, we need a C3PO that is not a mortgage payment.

Reaction score
I bet this piece comes in at $249.99.
TONS of bells & whistles on this piece.
Plus, everybody has been waiting for YEARS for R2, so SSC will not undercut themselves with this one.
I would be thrilled at $199.99, but I honestly think that's wishful thinking.

Reaction score
I agree with SportsAnchor. The extras will drive this up. But this is Artoo we're talking about, so I'm definitely in.

Reaction score
Darn. With the PF version and the Koto 1/7 one, I thought I could skip a 1/6. However, I love what SSC has done with this one. I will be up for this one for sure.

Reaction score
I for one am amazed love the ben Kenobi light up table and all the accessories. This is just what we needed Thanks Sideshow! now we just need Chewy and 3PO

Reaction score
Please don't speculate in the 200$ and up range sheesh!!! Sideshow reads this and does their gouging accordingly lets speculate in the 150$ range :>

Reaction score
Without the table I would have guessed $150ish. But if that table isn't part of some sort of separate environment we're looking easily at $225. Which kinda sucks cause $200 is about my limit. But DANG he is super cool.

Reaction score
I have the advantage of working what I'll spend out in pounds so I'll not spend more than £200.00 on this but that works out as over $300.00 but I hope he'll be less than that & come in around the same price point as the probe droid (so $249.99). :)

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Tamashi R2 for sometime now, I'm wondering if they have scrapped their plans and Sideshow has taken up the job. If this one is in perfect scale to 3PO and the rest of the gang (which I assume he is), I will be very happy. He looks amazing! And I was hoping and wishing they'd include all his gadgets and doors, but I had not anticipated the bartender accessories too! This is a must have for me, no question.

Reaction score
This does look very good, nicely detailed some cool bells and whistles and a number of ways to display (hologram table or drink tray)

I personally have no interest in the drink tray accessories but that's just me

Well not too long and we will know how much we will have to shell out to add this guy to our collections

Reaction score
It is going to be a fairly small figure really compared to other 1:6 scale figures SO I can see it coming in less than $200.00 for that reason.

Reaction score
I'd buy two if it was $150 just for the ability to display it two different ways in my R2 focus collection. More than that though... and it's one and done (which means I'm sure that it's one and done bc SS will go quite a bit higher).