Sideshow 1:1 Yoda

Reaction score
Have a chance to grab one of these locally and wanted to get my fellow scummers opinions on the piece.

Also wouldnt mind knowing what came with the piece ( Certificates/Packing etc) as this may be missing from the seller.

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? Seller just made a price drop and im antsy to hear someones thoughts who owns one before I pull the trigger and pick this up...

Reaction score
I own it and love it. It doesn't come with COA only Yoda bust, brown shipping box and inner box. Here is a pic with GG Yoda statue.

Reaction score
For those looking for a 1:1 Yoda, just check out the Cyberman Yoda in the props section, the same one Gino has too. Light years ahead of any licensed life-size Yoda

Reaction score
Agree Sergiu - those are top notch pieces.

My only issue is the price tag on an item of that quality and accuracy...

For those looking for a 1:1 Yoda, just check out the Cyberman Yoda in the props section, the same one Gino has too. Light years ahead of any licensed life-size Yoda

Reaction score
Received Yoda today - well, half of the shipment. The box containing the base is being held by UPS pending my signature since I wasn't home at the time of delivery. Anyway... I am very impressed with him. Very nice detail and quality construction.

Here are the unboxing pics:

Sorry about the crumby phone pics. I'm hoping his necklace is packed with the base as it wasn't in this box.

I will post better pics once the base arrives.

Reaction score
Still waiting for the second box, but I'm still hoping it includes the necklace. I believe it should be included since it is visible in one of the prototype pics...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Besides price, head angle was the major complaint. It does look different than the initial photos though.

Reaction score
Received the base today, and yes, the necklace was included with this box :)

Here are the pics:

Reaction score
Just noticed from that last pic the necklace came threaded on just one side ;) I'll have to fix that when I get home from work.

Bottom line - this is a fantastic piece IMO and I couldn't be happier with it. After studying the prototype pics, I was worried this was going to come off too polished and statue-like; but it really does have a very realistic look and feel in person.

Reaction score
It does look a beautiful piece, just wish I had £2,000.00+ spare to spend on it. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice statue :D congratulations
A couple of questions: is it all resin, or is it like the bust, like rubber?
What do you think about the fabric in person? And is the worm fixed to the base?

Can you take a photo of only the base, without yoda?
And could you take a photo of an eye?

Thanks for all, enjoy your yoda :D

Reaction score
I like it. I think the price point is way too high, but since there is no edition size, I hope to score a deal down the road.

SS was offering 20% off to some if you put it in your cart but did not place the order, for those thinking of getting it.

Reaction score
Hi,
my Yoda arrived the other day and he is made of a rubber type material like the bust. The Head does move around enabling you to change his direction. My only problem I have with him are his pupils. I feel they are too far apart, so the stare is a little skew-wiff, so I'm on the fence weather to get in touch with sideshow to see if they can do something about it. Not sure if others have had a similar issue?

Reaction score
Hi,
my Yoda arrived the other day and he is made of a rubber type material like the bust. The Head does move around enabling you to change his direction. My only problem I have with him are his pupils. I feel they are too far apart, so the stare is a little skew-wiff, so I'm on the fence weather to get in touch with sideshow to see if they can do something about it. Not sure if others have had a similar issue?
Congrats on the Yoda and thank you for mentioning the detail of a movable head! I was happy to see it appeared they had adjusted his head direction to be looking up more than it was in the proto pics. An actual movable head was one thing I had thought could make this perfect but didn't think they'd actually do it. I'm completely sold on this now! Please post some pictures if you can.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yoda came out better than I expected. Maybe after Celebration and finishing my 1:1 Fett I can swing it...

Reaction score
Yeah, like Jerry says, the body parts have a rubber touch to them - almost like latex over resin. I did not know the head moved though. I'll have to try that out when I get home from work!

The soft goods seem to be quality material as well.

The worm is not removable, sorry to say.

I will take pics of they eyes and just the base later tonight.

Hi,

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics bobodohn. Hope you don't mind I reposted a couple over on Sideshow Freaks where it's a split group in favour of this piece. I think it's a winner myself. Congrats to all who got or are getting this.

Reaction score
There is a split group here I think but the forum itself is more silent. The statue is cool but not for the price asked, as I and a couple others said on SSF, you can get much better options for less money.

Reaction score
I'd have preferred that it was resin or polystone myself, suddenly I'm glad I didn't have the cash spare..., didn't see any mention of materials used being rubber, hope it lasts longer than most rubber does, disintegration can definitely be an issue..., good thing I kept an eye on this thread, was going to work out a deal with a retailer here in the UK but I've now changed my mind (not worth the risk, for me at least).

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics bobodohn. Hope you don't mind I reposted a couple over on Sideshow Freaks where it's a split group in favour of this piece. I think it's a winner myself. Congrats to all who got or are getting this.
I don't mind at all, thank you. As far as the rubber feel to the body parts - that's all it is, just a feel. Almost like latex paint over hard resin. Tough to explain, especially from me as I have zero experience in working with such materials ;)

Here are some more requested pics:

Reaction score
I think it looks great. The price point is way too high but hopefully I can score a deal down the road.

Reaction score
The Disney logo on the bottom will be a turn off for a lot of people but oh well. How are the eyes designed in there bobdohn? Are they actually separate from the sculpt of the eyelid and do they feel to be made of something different from the rest of the head?

Reaction score
After shipping, exchange rate and import fees this would set me back over 3.5k.... It's nice but only to look at in photos

Reaction score
Just had my slightly skew wiffed eyed Yoda replaced without any hassle. Thank you Sideshow. The paint job and eyes are perfect and quite dramatically different. A new body was shipped out and original to be destroyed.

Reaction score
Good to hear that. This is the first QC issue I've heard on this one so far. Hope mine doesn't turn up like that. Did you happen to take any pictures of this that you could post?

Reaction score
Finally saw this in person at celebration...so glad I didn't buy it. It's not worth anywhere near the price for which it's being sold.

Reaction score
I just bought this 1:1 full sized Yoda right out of the display case at Disneyland 2 weeks ago.

I saw it initially at Disney World 2 weeks earlier and I asked if the passholder discount was available on it. I was told no and that in addition, since it was their last one, they couldn't sell it. For $3,000 I thought it was pretty pricey and wouldn't have bought it anyway but it stuck with me. Flash forward two weeks and they had one in Disneyland, I almost jokingly asked about the passholder discount and they said yes. With 20% off it brought the price down to $2,400 and shipping maxes at $39 under the new pricing policy so I did it. Pretty crazy buying it right out of the case.

I've never bought anything like this before and I don't want to just "set it out" . I'd really like to place Yoda in some sort of glass / plexiglass case of some sort.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting a case for it?

Thanks in advance!