Sick of Kylo!

Reaction score
I know this has been said before in many different ways but I will be so happy when this final SW movie is done and gone. I can't stand Kylo! He is such a lame character that is nothing more then an emo-goth crybaby teenager. Seeing his image on all of the products just drives me nuts. After Finn I would say that Kylo is by far the worst character ever created in this SW universe. Just felt like ranting today.:grin:

Reaction score
The merchandising tries to depict him as the new Darth Vader, but once you've seen the films, you don't really see that at all.

I think having TLJ start right after TFA did not allow for Kylo to have any character development. If they had skipped ahead a few years, he could have matured into his leadership role a bit more and maybe he would make for a more interesting villain. Even with the two year skip between TLJ and TROS, I don't think anbody will buy any character development in Kylo at the point.

Reaction score
Idk I kinda like Kylo and you all know how I feel about TLJ.

Reaction score
I know this has been said before in many different ways but I will be so happy when this final SW movie is done and gone. I can't stand Kylo! He is such a lame character that is nothing more then an emo-goth crybaby teenager. Seeing his image on all of the products just drives me nuts. After Finn I would say that Kylo is by far the worst character ever created in this SW universe. Just felt like ranting today.:grin:
Someone would like to have a word with you. LOL! :p

Reaction score
He's an awesome character. A man that is both entitled and insecure because his parents and uncle are basically galactic royalty.

Reaction score
He had a lot of potential after TFA. The problem is that TLJ avoided any real character backstory meaning we go into the final film still without any real understanding of his motives.

To be fair that's one of the lesser problems TROS faces, but we are where we are.

Reaction score
He had a lot of potential after TFA. The problem is that TLJ avoided any real character backstory meaning we go into the final film still without any real understanding of his motives.

To be fair that's one of the lesser problems TROS faces, but we are where we are.
Almost every character had a lot of potential after TFA. The rest of ST even had potential after TFA.

The problem is TLJ.

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
He's an awesome character. A man that is both entitled and insecure because his parents and uncle are basically galactic royalty.
Yeah, pretty much got that, what they were probably trying to go for. But I could do with less tantrum trowing ala 4 year old. It's literally impossible for me to take him seriously as a Villain when he's actually trying to be one, after seeing those.

Reaction score
Many of us remember a certain whiny Tatooine farm boy who turned into a Jedi legend before his self-imposed exile.

Reaction score
Well I think there's a somewhat misconception with Kylo. People often say he's a Vader ripoff, what they forget is that he's TRYING to be. He wants to be Vader...but he fails TO be Vader on every occasion. That is purposeful. I think that IS intended. He's a spoiled brat who's really just not that good at...well...much of anything. So I do think it's unfair that people dislike the character for these reasons as this is the intended use of the character. What I don't think is unfair critique is ...is that just an interesting character? A wannabe? Not really IMO. But I do believe he's sort of intended to be the SW equivalent of Mordred from Arthurian legend, even why they went with a more medieval looking lightsaber with the cross-guard. Basically a whiny and entitled little *****.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I think there's a somewhat misconception with Kylo. People often say he's a Vader ripoff, what they forget is that he's TRYING to be. He wants to be Vader...but he fails TO be Vader on every occasion. That is purposeful. I think that IS intended. He's a spoiled brat who's really just not that good at...well...much of anything. So I do think it's unfair that people dislike the character for these reasons as this is the intended use of the character. What I don't think is unfair critique is ...is that just an interesting character? A wannabe? Not really IMO. But I do believe he's sort of intended to be the SW equivalent of Mordred from Arthurian legend, even why they went with a more medieval looking lightsaber with the cross-guard. Basically a whiny and entitled little *****.
Exactly. Kylo is basically a Vader cosplayer. But like the "I got my costume at Party City" type.

Reaction score
You'd think with Kylo being entitled and insecure, more Star Wars fans would be able to relate to him.

Reaction score
You'd think with Kylo being entitled and insecure, more Star Wars fans would be able to relate to him.
Zing! I was just at Galaxy's edge and the reaction to Kylo was luke warm. When kids did the Jedi training, the ones that fought Vader were genuinely exited. The ones that fought Kylo looked disappointed and were focused on Vader. Kylo is his own character though, love him or hate him he's no Vader.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I'm not crazy about Kylo, I don't think he's nearly among the worst SW roles. Rose, Holdo, Jar Jar, Dexter Jettster, Boss Nass, all those are just awful. Kylo is just bland to me more than terrible. I kind of like the little fanboy grandson who idealizes his grandfather...what I dislike is it's a bit too much. He killed Han. He...sort of...killed Luke. He...sort of...killed Ackbar. Why? Tantrums. I feel like they can't decide, do they want us to hate him or like him? The whole sympathy angle just doesn't work with his role IMO.

Reaction score
While I'm not crazy about Kylo, I don't think he's nearly among the worst SW roles. Rose, Holdo, Jar Jar, Dexter Jettster, Boss Nass, all those are just awful. Kylo is just bland to me more than terrible. I kind of like the little fanboy grandson who idealizes his grandfather...what I dislike is it's a bit too much. He killed Han. He...sort of...killed Luke. He...sort of...killed Ackbar. Why? Tantrums. I feel like they can't decide, do they want us to hate him or like him? The whole sympathy angle just doesn't work with his role IMO.
I'm confused as to why you would lump such an insignificant character such as Dexter in there. It was such a small part that the impact on the movie was basically nothing. Characters like Rose were on screen and inducing cringe for good chunks of the movie.

Reaction score
I liked Dexter Jettster. I "like" Kylo, in that I think he's a good character (and is really well played). I thought Rose was a waste of a character. I didn't dislike Holdo in as much as I got her role, I just didn't like Laura Dern.

Reaction score
While I'm not crazy about Kylo, I don't think he's nearly among the worst SW roles. Rose, Holdo, Jar Jar, Dexter Jettster, Boss Nass, all those are just awful.

Your mileage may vary, but I dig Dex's design and characterization. A hulking brutish-looking four-armed moustachio'd freak of nature who turns out to be a warm and personal friend of Kenobi.
IMO, he doesn't belong in a worst SW movie characters line-up. Plus, like others said, he's only in one scene, not half the bloody film.

Reaction score

I think you hit the nail on the head. Had they done some character development in TLJ, it might have been easier to accept him as the FO Supreme Leader. His lucky punch against Snoke did not do that in my opinion.

Reaction score
Honestly I'd rather know more about Dexter's days of prospecting on whatever planet he mentioned than anything about Rose's past.

Reaction score
While I'm not crazy about Kylo, I don't think he's nearly among the worst SW roles. Rose, Holdo, Jar Jar, Dexter Jettster, Boss Nass, all those are just awful. Kylo is just bland to me more than terrible.
Tsk, tsk, tsk, Yousa thinking you no liking the Boss Nass? Mesa hate dis! Yousa is all bombad! Blubba, blubba, blubba, blubba... :awesome:

Reaction score
Oh man! Hahahaha!I knew I'd probably get lynched for SOMETHING I said about SW...but never did I think it would be for hating on Dexter Jettster. Hahaha! Well I am glad you guys like him, but I wasn't a fan. I didn't care for the 50's Americana diner in SW.

Reaction score
Can I redeem myself by saying I loathe Holdo and L33T?

Never mind :(
Shoot me :|

Reaction score
Oh man! Hahahaha!I knew I'd probably get lynched for SOMETHING I said about SW...but never did I think it would be for hating on Dexter Jettster. Hahaha! Well I am glad you guys like him, but I wasn't a fan. I didn't care for the 50's Americana diner in SW.
For the record I was just kidding. You're absolutely right. All those characters suck big time!

Reaction score
And the '97 Special Editions are my favourite version of the OT... :whistling:

I can get that view. For me it works in a roundabout way with the private eye style approach Lucas seems to be going for (although yeah, that server droid is a touch too much).

Sigh. Attack of the Clones is just so much flabby execution combined with outdated genre reverence that just makes it... weird. I really wish it were the sum of its parts.

GNT

Reaction score
Disney just needed to make Kylo his own "villain" instead of aiming to be "Vader", his interesting but I'm not invested in him completely.

Reaction score
Kylo looks like that clown Parker from that Gold rush show. I really hope Kylo gets his head cut off in this movie. Put an end to the ugly!

Reaction score
Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was an incredibly poorly developed character that suffered even more because of the Sequel Trilogies utter lack of direction. If one thing is certain, Kylo will not survive Kathleen Kennedy's/Disney's Star Wars Trilogy, regardless of any last minute character development points they throw at us.