Shows, expos, cons in Northern NJ

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of any shows in the Northern NJ area?? I havent heard of any toys shows so I was hoping someone here knows of one. Thanks for any help in advance.

Reaction score
There are a few. Chiller theater is one. Thats held twice a year by Giants stadium.

And theres another convention at the meadowlands. Forgot the name though.

Reaction score
Mechleader said:
There are a few. Chiller theater is one. Thats held twice a year by Giants stadium.

And theres another convention at the meadowlands. Forgot the name though.
Ive been to the Chiller thats pretty good. The other one might be Super Mega Show. I was wondering if theres any small ones. Theres 2 monthly comic shows but with little of no figures. I was wondering if theres maybe a toy show I dont know of.

Chris

Reaction score
Hello, I run a small toy show in Woodbridge, NJ. Last one was in December, details and dates of next shows are as follows:

TOY SHOW
Dates: Saturday, May 12th 2007 & Saturday, Nov. 10th 2007.
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Admission: $3.00 Children 12 and under free

Greetings! Announcing our 2007 toy show schedule. Two shows confirmed for now -

Saturday, May 12th, 2007

and

Saturday, Nov. 10th, 2007

May add additional dates and an all Transformers / 80's toy show if demand warrants it. 45 tables with toys from all eras, 50's 60's 70's 80's to today.Dealer tables available. The last show sold out, so please email or call to reserve now.

For more information including directions, lodging information, table prices and a vendor contract please visit the show website: www.lastcentury.net

Thank You -
Eric

Last Century Promotions
email: webmaster@lastcentury.net

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
any of these shows have nice vintage stuff

[/QUOTE]

Yes...

Reaction score
Added another show to our schedule:

TOY SHOW
Date: Saturday June 9, 2007
Location: Holiday Inn, Route 70 & Sayer Ave., Cherry Hill NJ 08002
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Admission: $3.00 Children 12 and under free

All shows 45 tables with toys from all eras; 50's 60's 70's 80's to today.

Dealer tables available. The last show sold out, so please email or call to reserve now.

For more information including directions, lodging information, table prices and a vendor contract please visit the show website: www.lastcentury.net

Thank You -
Eric

Last Century Promotions
email: webmaster@lastcentury.net

Reaction score
i cant wait for tomorrow's show. i hit the mac machine and i am already. i hope there is a lot of awesome vintage star wars stuff

Reaction score
MAN i went to this show today and there was next to no vintage sw, a couple of loose vintage figures, most in bad shape. not a single vintage carded figure in the entire show, it was mostly modern stuff, and not much of it was star wars. most of the modern was slightly overpriced. i walked around the show 2 times, and couldnt find a single thing i would even consider buying.

i was terribly disappointed

Reaction score
Lumat,

I'm not you (thankfully) and can't pretend to know what your expectations were. These days, toy shows are a rare breed and suffer from sellers who only sell online hoping to achieve a premium (not always true) and buyers who insist merchandise they can see up close should be priced at or below what it sells for on Ebay (never accounting for the additional shipping costs and the time they spend searching, bidding and sniping). I'm proud of the shows that I produce and know that there are more vintage toys at my small shows than a large 'event' show like Chiller Theater. My shows are general toy shows, they are not, nor are they intended to be exclusively for Star Wars action figures. That there were no vintage carded Star Wars action figures and only loose vintage Star Wars in poor condition is not true (I myself had about 50 some loose complete vintage Star Wars figures in exc – nm condition). The pics at the below link don’t lie -

www.lastcentury.net/may2007toyshow

I see a carded Star Wars Jawa, ROTJ Death Star Commander, Special Offer boxed Tie Fighter (quite rare), nevermind what had already been bought or not captured on camera.

Eric
www.lastcentury.net

Reaction score
with all due respect, i do not appreciate your dig on me. i was speaking how i felt about the show, and not once made a dig on you. 1 or 2 carded figures, is hardly worth bragging about, especially when it is claimed on a star wars message board, that your show was a vintage show. i saw your table with the 50 (or whatever count you stated) loose figures. other then your table and one other table, there was not any vintage star wars. the other table with loose figures were complete trash, all in very used condition.

i was not trying to bash you, which is not the point of my original post, so i am not sure why you immediately bashed me.

i was very excited about going to the show, and left after 30 minutes because i was completely disappointed. i knew it was going to be a small show, but i can honestly say this was the worst "vintage" show i went to.

i was there when it opened, in fact i was in line before the door opened, i walked around the show 2 times to make sure i didnt overlook anything.

as far as comparing prices to the internet, i know it is very easy to get very good carded figures on the internet, but i was willing to pay more for a figure that i could hold and see in person.

i apologize if i made you angry about posting about my dislike of your show, i was speaking the truth of how i felt.

Reaction score
when it is claimed on a star wars message board, that your show was a vintage show.

[/QUOTE]

The message boards include folders that are not Star Wars specific. Do you assume all vintage and collectible toy shows to be vintage Star Wars shows?

1 or 2 carded figures, is hardly worth bragging about... i saw your table with the 50 (or whatever count you stated) loose figures. other then your table and one other table, there was not any vintage star wars. the other table with loose figures were complete trash, all in very used condition.

[/QUOTE]

Why say "a couple of loose vintage figures, most in bad shape" when I had easily 50 figures in exc - near mint complete condition? And "not a single vintage carded figure in the entire show"? Even a handful is not none.

i knew it was going to be a small show, but i can honestly say this was the worst "vintage" show i went to.

[/QUOTE]

You're entitled to your opinion. I just wonder how many "vintage" shows you've been to lately as there aren't that many around. My friend produced the April Fool's Toy Show in Delaware, over 100 tables with as much (or as little, depending on your perspective) vintage Star Wars as at my show. Visit Chiller Theatre or the Big Apple Comic Con and you'll be lucky to find any vintage Star Wars.

i apologize if i made you angry about posting about my dislike of your show, i was speaking the truth of how i felt.

[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize. I'm just curious to know what your expectations were. I've see less and less vintage Star Wars (especially carded figures) for sale at shows with each passing year, yet the prices on everything except pristine pieces are less than they were 10 years ago. If you are expecting to find a lot of vintage Star Wars, I imagine it won't be just my shows that you're disappointed with.

Eric
www.lastcentury.net

Reaction score
its cool, you're right and i am wrong, your 50 loose figures, the other guys terribly beatup loose figures and 2 common carded figures constitutes a vintage show. I gave more vintage star wars toys to my 5 year old nephew this weekend then what was at the show.

oh and i have been to quite a few shows in the past. There was a small show i went to in newark that had a lot of vintage carded figures. they were a little overpriced, but i was expecting that. it would be worth it to me to pay a little more and know exactly what i am getting. That is the main reason i buy AFA figures when buying online.
my original point was, in a primarily star wars forum (where the name of the site is a reference to star wars) you post there is a vintage toy show. Dont get me wrong, i am not on here to bash you in any way, in fact I was very excited about the show, i emailed myself with the details of the show when you originally posted about this so i wouldnt forget. the night before i hit the mac machine so i had plenty of money to buy whatever i could have wanted.

The truth is, i felt this show was mis-represented. Almost all of the star wars tables were selling modern stuff and not vintage. Other then your table and the guy selling the beatup stuff there wasnt any vintage.

I think the back and forth between us has probably gone on long enough now. I was at the show and I know what i saw. There is nothing you can say that will convince me this show was a good vintage show, especially when i have been to "good" shows and spent hundreds of dollars. at this one, the only money i spent was the 6 dollar cost of admission for myself and my wife and the 20 dollars in gas to get to the show and back home.

Reaction score
its cool, you're right and i am wrong, your 50 loose figures, the other guys terribly beatup loose figures and 2 common carded figures constitutes a vintage show. I gave more vintage star wars toys to my 5 year old nephew this weekend then what was at the show.

[/QUOTE]

If you had that much stuff you should have considered taking a table at the show...

oh and i have been to quite a few shows in the past. There was a small show i went to in newark that had a lot of vintage carded figures.

[/QUOTE]

The last toy show in Newark that I can recall was at least seven - eight years ago. You can't reasonably expect the same or similar merchandise to be available from show to show and year to year. There was a dealer with 25-30 vintage carded figures at my November and December shows that wasn't present on Saturday. Visit Atlantique, Chiller Theatre or the Big Apple Comic Con and report back to me just how much vintage carded Star Wars you find versus ten years ago.

The truth is, i felt this show was mis-represented. Almost all of the star wars tables were selling modern stuff and not vintage.

[/QUOTE]

I will never understand why you would assume a vintage and collectible toy show to be a vintage Star Wars show. This may be a Star Wars site, but the folders where I posted about the show are not Star Wars specific. Don't you think that there would be a bit of buzz amongst the vintage folk about an all vintage Star Wars show no matter what the size?

Eric
www.lastcentury.net

Reaction score
hahaha, i should gotten a table. my nephew really loves the star wars toys even though he hasnt seen the movies.

the show i went to in newark was about 2 years ago, i dont know if it was in newark, but it was in that area.

man i wish i went to the december show that had all those carded figures.

Reaction score
When I used to live in NJ there was a show in Wayne first Sunday of every month.Im not promising anything but there was a couple SW dealers and at times they had vintage figures.Sometimes I left there disappointed and sometimes I left with an addition to my collection.