Should there be 2 Black Series lines?

Reaction score
What I meant was that I think they renamed the eras in support of the new shows and trilogy.
Didn't they also change that it's not BBY ABY etc. any longer?

When the High Republic stuff came out, that basically became the first era, then everything else is broken into its own trilogy era. They also tried to stop the BBY/ABY term and replace the Battle of Yavin as the defining point with 'Starkiller Incident'. As someone who doesn't hate the sequel trilogy, this idea still sucks hard and that's why no one uses it. There's 3 trilogies across 3 eras. Use the middle point as a fixed point in time. Not the end point.

Reaction score
*Edit: Whoops I didn't see Coloring already answered. I should've clicked on the next page before answering. 🤪

What I meant was that I think they renamed the eras in support of the new shows and trilogy.
The renamed eras were implemented earlier this year when the first High Republic book was announced. I want to say I recall there being some backlash and the Story Group coming out and stating the old designations (particularly PT, OT, ST) weren't necessarily going away. I much prefer the old publishing designations, but I guess it doesn't make sense with the new canon.
Didn't they also change that it's not BBY ABY etc. any longer?
I know they were trying to introduce a new timeline centered on the "Starkiller Incident" (BSI/ASI), but afaik it never caught on and the official website still uses BBY & ABY.

Last edited: