Shoretrooper - Carbonized

Reaction score
I wonder if they had X amount for online sales and the rest will go to stores. Maybe Hasbro was able to get WM to do that so more people would have a chance to get stuff.

It's also possible with all the talk about how people should buy toys early for Christmas because there could be shortages, WM decided to put larger amounts in the stores so they actually have something on the shelves when the fot trafic in the toy department heads north.

Reaction score
I'm only getting this one because it's on a Mandalorian card with new photo, similar to the Death Trooper from last year. The carbonized effect is a bonus.

Reaction score
There must be a good amount of people that say they dislike them, but buy them anyway, lol. I've read comments all over the web from collectors saying they hate them, and then complaining they couldn't place an order, haha. I think for some, its just part of the addiction / obsession, as they will literally order anything Hasbro puts out in their respective scale. I've never purchased one, and don't plan to - I just don't see the appeal, unless you're a carded collector that likes these shiny repaints...but its just an overpriced gimmick to me.

Reaction score
The stated time for ordering doesn't jive with their countdown clock... gotta love that Wal*mart!

Reaction score
There must be a good amount of people that say they dislike them, but buy them anyway, lol. I've read comments all over the web from collectors saying they hate them, and then complaining they couldn't place an order, haha. I think for some, its just part of the addiction / obsession, as they will literally order anything Hasbro puts out in their respective scale. I've never purchased one, and don't plan to - I just don't see the appeal, unless you're a carded collector that likes these shiny repaints...but its just an overpriced gimmick to me.
yes I agree, lets face it, Hasbro hit a home run with these carbonized figures. I have to get each and every single one to keep my run intact. I love the finish on these figures and the unique card backs, some of the best we have gotten.

So I too laugh inside when I see people say "over priced" and "not going to buy it" or "gimmick". Thats OK tho, everyone should collect what they want and everyone is entitled to their opinion, otherwise it would be boring if we all had the same collecting tastes.

Reaction score
They don’t go on sale until tomorrow. Walmart briefly put them up as live when they were really just supposed to be getting the product pages ready.

I couldn’t disagree more that these are a home run. They are lazy, overpriced and designed to squeeze easy money out of collect-them-all types.

Reaction score
yes I agree, lets face it, Hasbro hit a home run with these carbonized figures. I have to get each and every single one to keep my run intact. I love the finish on these figures and the unique card backs, some of the best we have gotten.

So I too laugh inside when I see people say "over priced" and "not going to buy it" or "gimmick". Thats OK tho, everyone should collect what they want and everyone is entitled to their opinion, otherwise it would be boring if we all had the same collecting tastes.

I know I might have odd taste in action figures, but those that look like they were doused in cooking spray just don't do anything for ME. That said, I celebrate that there are people with different taste that help fill Hasbro's pockets and contribute to fueling the scale!

Reaction score
You guys are lucky you got the Shoretrooper from your order. I ordered two of them and they sent me two carbonized Armorers in a padded envelope. Plus, they were both damaged! What a clusterfck. I'll try again tomorrow when they go live officially. Not too concerned. They made no shortage of these. Walmart is still sitting on last year's batch with the exception of Clara Dune (LOL)

Reaction score
The only thing good about this one is that it gives us a preview of what the inevitable non-carbonized card will look like.

Honestly who tf wants these?

Reaction score
Not that anyone asked, but I’m liking all the comments here in agreement of how lame Hasbro is in terms of their approach, distribution / pre-ordering-wise - but it doesn’t change my opinion that these are a gimmick product, not worth the expenditure.

If this is Hasbro ‘hitting a home run’ then I’d suggest the other team were a no-show, and the bar for ‘winning’ is fairly low.

Anecdotally, and from what I personally see at retail here in Wellington, NZ - carbonized figures are neither hard to come by, or selling through: my local EB Games has full pegs of mostly carbonized product - with little movement after months of sitting on shelves.

YMMV - and more power / availability to those who like these, but that doesn’t include me.

Reaction score
You guys are lucky you got the Shoretrooper from your order. I ordered two of them and they sent me two carbonized Armorers in a padded envelope. Plus, they were both damaged! What a clusterfck. I'll try again tomorrow when they go live officially. Not too concerned. They made no shortage of these. Walmart is still sitting on last year's batch with the exception of Clara Dune (LOL)

That's why I was afraid to order when it was the code names only. Leave it to Walmart to mess things up ad send a different figure.

I do hope that this guy and the Incinerator Trooper are both available to purchase tomorrow.

Reaction score
I know I might have odd taste in action figures, but those that look like they were doused in cooking spray just don't do anything for ME. That said, I celebrate that there are people with different taste that help fill Hasbro's pockets and contribute to fueling the scale!

The thing is, when the carbonized effect works...it really works. When it doesn't, you see the ugliness of it real quick. The carbonized blue Black Series Vader is beautiful, but on many of the others the effect looks odd. I haven't seen a TVC figure yet that really seems to look great with the effect applied and I've only picked up some of the Remnant Stormtroopers when they went to $8. I am removing the carbonized effect and random paint splotches to get a more unique and cleaner looking batch of troops.

Reaction score
The only thing good about this one is that it gives us a preview of what the inevitable non-carbonized card will look like.

Even though I really don't need any more of this figure in normal colors, the cardback is way nicer looking than the original TVC RO version cardback. I would maybe grab it if they release a normal color Mando version.

Reaction score
Even though I really don't need any more of this figure in normal colors, the cardback is way nicer looking than the original TVC RO version cardback. I would maybe grab it if they release a normal color Mando version.
yes, the card back is beautiful, I agree. I hope Hasbro makes these type figures for a decade or more.

Reaction score
I love shoretroopers. They are a great army-builder. They look cool and allow for a diverse imperial presence.

But I don’t care if they’re carbonized or not. I bought mine for WHAT he is, not how shiny.

Reaction score
I love shoretroopers. They are a great army-builder. They look cool and allow for a diverse imperial presence.

But I don’t care if they’re carbonized or not. I bought mine for WHAT he is, not how shiny.
I agree. For me, being a huge fan of all these carbonized figures, to me, these Hasbro carbonized figures in both TVC and BS series are absolute masterpieces and a must for a collector such as myself. I am so happy Hasbro introduced these figures into our hobby and continues to make them, hopefully they do even more figures down the road.

Reaction score
That's why I was afraid to order when it was the code names only. Leave it to Walmart to mess things up ad send a different figure.

I do hope that this guy and the Incinerator Trooper are both available to purchase tomorrow.
Looks like I'm the only person here who got the wrong figures...lucky me : (

Reaction score
Still currently available several hours later. That's pretty different from selling out in milliseconds, so hopefully everyone who wants it, gets it! I grabbed 3 of these, but 2 of all the others.

Reaction score
This one is the only one that I would consider buying as I could just think of him as a "Commander" type in charge of a battalion, though you would actually need Hasbro to reissue the basic figure for that to happen... That said, I have no interest in paying a premium fee just to have a different deco.

The others don't really have a justification for this treatment other than as a niche item to keep carded as some unique item, yet the more they make the less unique it becomes.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
According to Walmart, The shore trooper is supposed to arrive tomorrow. The incinerator trooper is set to arrive next week. I got a shipping notice on the incinerator trooper. But nothing for the shore trooper for tomorrow. Very interesting…..

Reaction score
Got mine today. Perfect card and bubble shipped inside a nice size box with air pillows. It was promptly opened and the mint packaging ruined 😝
Also, lined it up with my other shoretroopers. Are these all that have been released? TVC, Carbonized, 5 POA, 5 POA commander.

0137C045-E8CB-4FED-B45F-4C81EF7BBB70.jpeg181AA1C8-53CB-4D41-BD68-CDBA8BF32E96.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Get them from RobotKingdom.com as well, plus you get the cool looking asian variant sticker on the back!

Reaction score
Shockingly mine arrived in mint condition. It was in a box, but there was no air pillows, etc. The card thickness was the real MVP here. My Incinerator Trooper and Armorer arrived the day before in the same size box but with plenty of cushioning. *shrug emoji*

Reaction score
^ or the one that hand to craw through the underbelly of a fedex truck to escape the driver who was refusing to make a delivery attempt 2X and hording package to hold them hostage and do unspeakable things with.....
pulp.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here’s my shoretrooper unit. The carbonized one can be their captain. I don’t really care about the carbo treatment, but he makes a nice variant to lead the others…
View attachment 403398
Say what you will about the 5 POA, but they had some beautiful sculpts! Nice shot. Wish I had picked all the 5 POA at retail. Secondary prices are just a tad too high for my liking.

Reaction score
Got these 3 today well packed with airbags. Glad I got them, but I'm over this carbonized & rainbow skittles stuff from Hasbro.

Attachments

• IMG-9558.jpg
    IMG-9558.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-9559.jpg
    IMG-9559.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Got these 3 today well packed with airbags. Glad I got them, but I'm over this carbonized & rainbow skittles stuff from Hasbro.
yea thats what you say NOW, wait till a carbonized Boba Fett comes out!? lololololol

Reaction score
You guys are so lucky to get minty ones shipped in a box with airbags. Mine have been arriving in padded envelopes and they have creases in the cardbacks. Is there a secret box to click on the Walmart ordering site to ship in gift-mode (a box)? If so, please tell us the secret and help out fellow collectors.

Reaction score
You guys are so lucky to get minty ones shipped in a box with airbags. Mine have been arriving in padded envelopes and they have creases in the cardbacks. Is there a secret box to click on the Walmart ordering site to ship in gift-mode (a box)? If so, please tell us the secret and help out fellow collectors.
I think it comes down to the employee training and effort in your area. I always leave feedback about the packing / shipping (both good & bad), so maybe that helps?

Reaction score
so much for " yea pass" LOL.. continues to be sold out at Wal-Mart. One of the greatest figures Hasbro ever put out, mind you!

Now, you may ask, why am I "LOL" ing at the folks who said they didnt want this figure yet its sold out. I laugh and chuckle because I feel Hasbro has mismanaged this line. So when they put out a great figure and packaging, a fair amount of collectors who are a vocal bunch, has a knee jerk reaction, which is to discount what Hasbro puts out. It takes an open mind and perseverance, maybe even great patience to be a SW action figure collector. I can certainly understand why we have collectors who scoff at these offerings from Hasbro.

I have noticed this for a while now, Hasbro puts out product in the TVC line. A vocal chorus emerges: "easy pass, high priced junk, thanks Hasbro you saved me money" and other comments. Those exact items end up selling out and being rare lol.

Perhaps there needs to be a meeting of the minds between Hasbro and these collectors who have allowed themselves to be jaded, bring them back to the fold.

Reaction score
Well said. I wish everyone would stay positive. I need to remind myself sometimes.