Shoretrooper - Carbonized

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION CARBONIZED COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SHORETROOPER
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $18.99/Available: Fall 2021)

Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION CARBONIZED COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SHORETROOPER Figure, inspired by THE MANDALORIAN live-action series on Disney Plus. Highly poseable with realistic details, original Kenner branding, and premium design this 3.75-inch figure is a great gift for STAR WARS fans and collectors. Includes figure and accessory. Available exclusively at Walmart.

Who’s purchasing this figure?

Attachments

• 66D1DCA5-077A-4478-A856-D87A3C6770AE.jpeg
    66D1DCA5-077A-4478-A856-D87A3C6770AE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • D5BD46A3-7D8B-4ABD-B09F-CD25B98638E2.jpeg
    D5BD46A3-7D8B-4ABD-B09F-CD25B98638E2.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 22

bac

Reaction score
I want a non-carbonized Shoretrooper on that card back.

I feel like that's on tap the way Patrick played up this figure being the first time seeing that image on a card back, not the only time.

Reaction score
Shoretrooper (Carbonized Collection). First time this will be available on a Mandalorian cardback.
Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S. & Canada, Fan-Channel Exclusive in the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning October 7th. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP is $18.99.

Press Images

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Carded.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-1.jpg

Reaction score
I agree that a repack of this figure with the cardback in non-carbonized form is likely. The only reason it wouldn't happen is if these troopers are present in Andor, and they want to (re-)release it under that branding.

This is the carbonized figure announced today I'm likely to cave and buy a couple of when they end up down around ten bucks on the WalMart site, just like I did with the Remnant Stormies and the Death Troopers. I am generally sanguine about the price hikes (costs go up and materials/shipping are all expensive these days), but seeing these listed for $19 hits hard. That's a lot for a vaguely glistening 3.75 figure.

Reaction score
Initially, I experienced sticker-shock at the price increase, however putting it in perspective, these only increased by a dollar from the previous wave - $17.99 to $18.99. Mainline TVC has also gone up by a dollar - $12.99 to $13.99 - and, I haven't really thought twice about that increase. I suppose you could argue that these repaints with the fancy cards weren't even worth the $17.99 to begin with, but if someone was generally OK with the price before, the extra dollar now isn't much of a deal-breaker.

Reaction score
If the rumors are true about the death trooper on Mando card getting repacked with the Navarro Cantina, maybe this guy will get a non-carbonized repack on this card with a... JUGGERNAUT? I know it's wishful thinking, but one can hope.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered this one and the rest of the wave as some European sites start listing these. I initially wasn't fond of the idea, but I bought the first wave and the blisters just stand out and are very beautiful, it makes for a nice backdrop for figures on a shelf.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered this one and the rest of the wave as some European sites start listing these. I initially wasn't fond of the idea, but I bought the first wave and the blisters just stand out and are very beautiful, it makes for a nice backdrop for figures on a shelf.
well put!

Reaction score
Yes, it's filling a void. Though it was generally an attempt to have product in stores during a lull of having stuff ready to go, but now that it's 90% all online I don't really get this type of filler nonsense. Because it's not like it will arrive to satiate demand or fill any void while waiting for new stuff.

Also, most people would be just fine with a straight reissue of figures like this over an "imaginary" repaint. I can understand Carbonized deco for characters like Gideon and Din who are unique one-offs, but not for Stormtrooper type figures, and especially ones that were HTF the first time which are now twice the price on ebay.

For me it just means less Money spent and as long as its not taking up valuable TVC slots I'm fine with them, as they might appeal to others, And if enough people buy these repaints to justify the actual production costs it just might mean more resources for new molds. I hope

Reaction score
I'll wait for the inevitable re-re-release of the non-carbonized version on The Mandalorian card...

Reaction score
its going to be nice to own all the carbonized versions, hopefully this a feature they continue each year.

Reaction score
meaning.?? since I don't order from target. I get all of my stuff in store, no problems.

Reaction score
the next wave of instant sell outs, cancellations, and damaged deliveries begins.. :rolleyes:
FWIW, I got an order in for the mando carded shoretrooper and already received shipping notice, and my friend ordered a set of 4...and he received shipping notices this afternoon too. My ETA is 10/7....we'll see, I'll post pics when I can after arrival
BTW, i think i did read earlier the Shoretroop sold out b4 lists were pulled overnight

Reaction score
Ok so this will be the only figure to not be available on Walmart.com on Thursday since it sold out prematurely. Greaaaaaat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got an order in for all four of them the other day but I haven’t got any shipping notices. It’s been at “preparing order” since Sunday. It says I’m supposed to get them by Thursday, but there’s no movement on them. I hope when they pulled the listings down it didn’t force my order into some sort of eternal limbo like my Din Jarin’s and Incinerator Troopers from last year.

Reaction score
wait let me get this straight: a PRE-ORDER is already out of stock because it was PRE-ORDERD? lololol the heck happened here haha!!

I love how we are getting all this product but its gone even before its released or it just never makes it to stores lol

Reaction score
This arrived today in a perfectly-sized box with perfect air-bubble protection. It’s absolutely gorgeous, really. It’s really mint. I’m going to open it, but still. What a weird deal—the site goes live for a minute and then two days later I’m holding this!
1633470341007.jpeg

Reaction score
Sold out! What?! I thought they pulled the link down because it went live unintentionally! Maybe it did, but it’s insane if it sold out before they took it down. How many did they produce, like twelve? How stupid. Hasbro needs to get their stuff together.

Reaction score
Sold out! What?! I thought they pulled the link down because it went live unintentionally! Maybe it did, but it’s insane if it sold out before they took it down. How many did they produce, like twelve? How stupid. Hasbro needs to get their stuff together.

These were marked SOLD OUT before the links got pulled Sunday night. It's anyone's guess if they can/will offer more when they go live (again).