Shock Trooper - MH01

GNT

Reaction score
A ROTS Clone Trooper will be making his return to the movie Heroes line, you can view the image here.

Reaction score
Given that starwars.com listed it's action feature as being "quick draw" I am assuming it's the crappy #6 ROTS Clone sculpt.

Reaction score
I really don't care much for these Movie Heroes figures. Yeah another PASS.

Reaction score
Given that starwars.com listed it's action feature as being "quick draw" I am assuming it's the crappy #6 ROTS Clone sculpt.
Good gravy, if that's the version this is, why did Hasbro even bother with this line? At least SAGA LEGENDS used some decent sculpts for repacks. BTW, I missed this, but will this line's cardback look like the 12 WalMart figures (on a Darth Maul Card with Black Logo)?

Reaction score
Good gravy, if that's the version this is, why did Hasbro even bother with this line? At least SAGA LEGENDS used some decent sculpts for repacks.
It's for the kids. Hmmm...wasn't CW for the kids. And Legends? And Galactic Heroes? And Jedi Force? But kids like gimmicks built inside the figure, according to Hasbro people. And Hasbro likes molds that are already paid for. Collectors can skip Movie Heroes and hope that it fails because it sucks or succeeds because "it pays for the production of good vintage stuff" (the extra buck for the retro cardback isn't enough to keep Hasbro's Star Wars in the green).

BTW, I missed this, but will this line's cardback look like the 12 WalMart figures (on a Darth Maul Card with Black Logo)?
Yes, but without attached 3D glasses.

Reaction score
I loved this figure when it first came out for ROTS. I had a bunch of them

Reaction score
Carded and loose pics at Sandtroopers.com. 20111110

It's the quick draw SHOCK TROOPER, but without the extra shoulder armor with the logo on it.

Reaction score
Found one today at a Canadian Wal-Mart. They had put out a single case of the Movie Heroes.

Reaction score
It's for the kids. Hmmm...wasn't CW for the kids. And Legends? And Galactic Heroes? And Jedi Force? But kids like gimmicks built inside the figure, according to Hasbro people. And Hasbro likes molds that are already paid for. Collectors can skip Movie Heroes and hope that it fails because it sucks or succeeds because "it pays for the production of good vintage stuff" (the extra buck for the retro cardback isn't enough to keep Hasbro's Star Wars in the green).

Yes, but without attached 3D glasses.

I've only just turned 20, so I was a kid for when TPM, AOTC and ROTS came out, and I can say that I never enjoyed 'action features' in my figures. In fact, I found them irritating since it usually meant a limb was a bit dodgy on them i.e. the arm on this guy is rather loose to accomodate easy quick draw moving. Even when the OT came out on VHS in the 90s, I still hated all the gimmicks in stuff like vehicles and what not.

Even my siblings and cousins now who are at the 'clone wars' age don't use the action features. They want the character, not a gimmick they don't understand.

JVM

Reaction score
This was picked up for me. I don't mind it mostly, but the packaging has warped the legs and it's difficult to get the guy to stand. Glad to finally have a Shock Trooper in my collection but I'm surprised they went back to the ROTS #6 instead of the SA scuplt they've reused pretty much every single other time until now.

Not to mention they could've always reused TVC clone, but I guess they still want that for TVC reissues.