Shady listing of "variant" (AKA degraded plastic) green Obiwan

Reaction score
Hey All,

Check out this lovely character selling a "Dark Green Variant" limbed Obiwan. I told
the guy he clearly knows better with thousands of feedback selling Star Wars figures.
I also mentioned it was deceptive to unknowning buyers to be listing a damaged figure
as a variant.

He responded telling me I'm just being negative cause he considers it a variant and
that because it's mentioned in the one line auction details that it's ok to do so? Dude is
selling a "green limbed" Chewbacca the same way but at least it's only $7 and not $40 like
this Obiwan he's trying to pull a fast one with, not that roping people with fake
details at any price is an acceptable practice. I encourage any and all to also voice
their take on this matter to this seller in hopes of making a positive change.

Just thought I'd post this as it seems worthy of a warning, especially after
a reply from him claiming there is nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Reaction score
There are a lot of sellers that try to to make their own variants. This plastic seems a bit harder, this seems a bit shinier, and so on. And the unfrotunate thing is people fall for it, so people looking to make money (that have little to no morals) will do anything. The many Boba Fett "variations", that actually get sold for a decent amount of money, is sickening.

On the other side of the coin, there are actually a lot variations that the community refuses to acknowledge (or only a select few). Only certain, specific characters have been truly dissected and overall accepted.

Reaction score
Wow, this is crazy! I can’t believe I’m still shocked to see what people will do for money. 😡 I came across this ad too, couldn’t tell if it was truly a variant or not. So thank you for posting this. This is definitely worthy of a warning.