Shadows of the Empire. Guri could she be detected by Wuher' s droid scanner?

Reaction score
Since Guri was a cyborg or whatever would she have been detected by the scanner thing at the mos eisley cantina bar?

Reaction score
I would assume, unless the wealth of Xizor enabled quite a cloaking mechanism on her, for espionage etc. What makes you ask? Love Shadows, man- wish there was a thread just for it LOL! I haven't dug much farther/beyond than the Evolutions comic a few years ago, so i may be totally off. I'll most likely revisit the tales in the summer, chilln' poolside.

Reaction score
Well I ask because in the novel Lando had a metal detector thing to scan fir weapons or whatever. His detector scanned Guri to be a cyborg android.

His was more fancy I guess.

But would Wuher' s droid scanner from Mos Eisley be able to detect Guri as a robot?

Reaction score
Well I ask because in the novel Lando had a metal detector thing to scan fir weapons or whatever. His detector scanned Guri to be a cyborg android.

His was more fancy I guess.

But would Wuher' s droid scanner from Mos Eisley be able to detect Guri as a robot?
Well a detector will detect what it is designed to detect, so it would depend on what the cantina detector was designed to detect.
Was it a metal detector? It didn't detect lightsabers or blasters.
Did it detect electrical fields or electrical energy somehow? There must have been people carrying devices that would register, yet it wasn't going off constantly.
Did it detect for biological life forms when triggered, and if finding a lack of such, go off, in essence declaring this is not a biological being, therefore an entirely mechanic being?
If it was this, then one would wonder to what degree did biological material need be present, or what type. A percentage of total volume of the entity? I believe Guri was essentially flesh covered, so that might trigger the biological entity scan, and allow her to 'pass' the test and therefore enter unflagged.
Or did it simply have a biological profile of every race and species, probably needing updates to stay current, and simply go off when scanning an unknown entity? It may have been this as well as having profiles for droids, robots, etc. and it went off when it detected a known match.

Reaction score
Well, in all honesty one wouldn't need a Droid scanner to notice a Droid walking in. I think Wuher could/would easily spot that those two were in fact Droids.
The question would be, why does one need a Droid detector in the first place? Are there Droids going around disguised as Humans, Bounty hunters etc?

Reaction score
Yes Masterfett there were droids that were bounty hunters but you're missing the point and not listening.

Guri is a cyborg or robot with flesh and hair and clothes. That stuff on her I'm pondering if she'd pass the droid detector at Wuher' s cantina bar.

Reaction score
yeah-think terminator T-100. maybe it would pass- you'd assume the droid door alarm is for when/if the bartender is occupied/busy and not staring at the door constantly. Easier to remove the unwelcomed at point of entry as opposed to prying 'em out of a crowd, maybe the alarm doesn't see that & synth-flesh does conceal the detection.

Reaction score
Sorry bout that, but it's a forum. There's nothing to listen to. ;)

Besides you're missing my point.