Shadow Stormtrooper - The Force Unleashed (Gaming Greats)

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION GAMING GREATS 3.75-INCH SHADOW STORMTROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Summer 2021)
Recall intense moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION GAMING GREATS 3.75-INCH SHADOW STORMTROOPER Figure, featuring original Kenner branding and inspired by the character in the STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED video game. Fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs, this 3.75-inch-scale figure featuring premium detail can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available for pre-order at Hasbro Pulse, GameStop, Big Bad Toy Store, and Entertainment Earth.

Who’s going to be picking this one up?

Attachments

Reaction score
Looks snazzy! I recently bought the old version from around 2007-2008, and now I feel a bit silly. But I’m still going to pick up this nice updated version. Can never have enough troopers!

Reaction score
You can never go wrong with a Stormtrooper whatever the color. Yet, that first wave would have felt less like a cash grab with at least one brand new figure in the mix.

Reaction score
Well, for my part, even though those video game trooper variants are closer to the bottom of my want list, this Stormtrooper may be the one i'd get first.

Reaction score
I'm glad it's a little different from the TFU Box set version. These gaming greats look great on vintage cards!

Reaction score
I love the card back and the figure looks great. Very happy this came to TVC, already own in BS form. Ordered many of these from EE.

Reaction score
No idea who any of the game characters are as I haven't played a SW video game since the 80's arcade versions by Atari. Grabbed one for the cardback collection though.
yup, same here lol I just look at the figure and the card back. If its cool looking, I get it. Same with Black Series, is the figure cool looking? I am all in. Is the image pretty cool on the box? Count me in again!

Reaction score
This is the one I am least interested in.

For starters this design isn't accurate to the game. TFU Stormtroopers were aesthetically closer to the OT whereas this is the "Disney" Stormtrooper from Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian (not that I have a problem with the modern Stormtrooper design. I actually prefer it but it is not accurate here).

Reaction score
I love Shadow Stormtroopers, but prefer the non TFU all black armor without the blue effects. Just getting one to keep carded.

Little concerned about the translucent plastic for anyone opening, especially to army build. They just seem to crumble over time like the cloaked Chameleon Droid from the Ilum battle pack.

Reaction score
I received my Shadow Stormtrooper from EE yesterday. The figure and card both look great. I ordered all the Gaming Greats together but this is the only one that has shipped so far.
how on earth did you get yours already? I placed my order on day one. I ordered multiples and have a large order coming. But my date shows July?

Reaction score
thought the 3 basic GG always said august and purge initially was july via EE then bumped to sept. Shadow trooper has started shipping from EE, but i'm still seeing aug on mine

Reaction score
Thank you. I ordered this and the other 2 from the wave from GS and cancelled my Hasbro Pulse preorders.
Happy to help. I kept my collector grade orders at BBTS for the wave, but I was happy to pick up some Scout Troopers early to open.

Reaction score
FedEx sucks...they are officially the Walmart of logistics companies. My GS order for this and the other GG have been bouncing around the country with a delivery date of 2 days ago.

Schmucks...

Reaction score
yeah they are odd, I ordered the Armorer and TBS Chewbacca at the same time, got the Armorer within a few days and a little over a week later here comes Chewie.

Reaction score
I got shipping notices Saturday. Still no date eta on ups, but 2 nights ago, scanned arrived on Ohio. If came out of Louisville, ky, why use a service that takes it south to TN then back thru KY into central OH, only to turn around and go back into KY? And the path from TN to OH would've taken it literally thru destination city (in KY) x2. LoL plus it's ups mail innovations.. The absolute worse service at least in my area. So slow, I think they may use a big-wheel pedal trike to travel 1 pkg at a time, from oh to my local USPS. Usually takes 3 days to go, on a 1.5 hr drove.
No, FedEx is ok in my area, but UPS service isn't worth what a cat would bury in the back-yard. for 4 days ups site keeps saying "Check back tomorrow for delivery estimate". The last UPS MI pkgs i had, UPS kept it until the delivery ETA from target past then the decided to pass it onto USPS, but it took them 2 days to transport it about 100 miles, no more. Funny thing is, I'm only 100 miles from Louisville so if GS used USPS directly, it couldve arrived monday or tues at latest, but now WTFK w/ UPS involved

Reaction score
Got my Shadow Stormtrooper yesterday from EE. Even packed nicely in a box, the card is slightly bowed at the top. Nothing I'll gripe about, though, since Walmart is handily cornering the market on collector complaints this week (with good reason)IMG_20210702_173908_893.jpg. 🤪

Reaction score
I ordered these from EE too, but haven't heard anything yet. My wallet needs a break, so I'm ok with the delay.

Reaction score
this came in mint from GME, which I thought would happen. I been having 90%+ success with them.

Has anyone put their BS Gaming Greats Shadow Stormtrooper next to the TVC figure? I did and its very exciting to have this figure in both scales. I am having a hard time deciding which figure is going to be my 2021 figure of the year but this one seems to have jumped to the head of the line.