Shadow Scout $22.00

Reaction score
For some reason instead of getting 3 r2-kt's I got 3 Shadow Scouts, Looking to sell them for $22.00. PM me if interested

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
So, they cost you $10 a piece, shouldn't you be selling them for $10 a piece as per forum rules?
It says he isn't allowed to charge higher than fair market value. I don't think $10 is fair market value.

Reaction score
I got them through star wars shop. The invoice even shows 3 r2-kt's but i got 3 shadowscouts instead ... Anyone else have this happen??

Reaction score
wjefsoccer said:
Darth_Anton said:
So, they cost you $10 a piece, shouldn't you be selling them for $10 a piece as per forum rules?
It says he isn't allowed to charge higher than fair market value. I don't think $10 is fair market value.
Try reading the rest of the paragrah.

$22 is a great price, but I feel a little ripped off when I know that the item is beeing marked up 100%. (hint to Generalvader.)

Reaction score
then don't buy it
It's a great price. It's not how he got it and selling it for higher. Rules ONLY said no selling over the market retail. And ToyRocket has got them for 22.99. So, no matter what - it's fair.

Reaction score
It's all good. Technically, it's not scalping. It's actually less than retail. Of course, I wouldn't have mentioned the R2KTs in the post...

Reaction score
CloneTrooperJR said:
It's not how he got it and selling it for higher. Rules ONLY said no selling over the market retail.
Wrong. Rules ALSO say NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED, in CAPS. He paid $10 (minus shipping) for these and is charging double that. That's scalping.

obione said:
It's all good. Technically, it's not scalping.
Technically, it is scalping. The definition of scalping is to buy and sell in order to make a quick profit. As long as a profit is being made, it's scalping. Just ask tlake22 who got banned for doing the same thing when Target clearanced out the order 66 packs. The word you're looking for is debatably.

Again, I have absolutely nothing against generalvader. It's just not good idea in a collect to collect community to tell everyone you're making a profit off of an easily correctable gaffe. That's how you get loudmouthed blowhards like me who have nothing better to do keeping y'al in line.

Sev

Reaction score
So, If I buy something for $9.99 and sell it for $10 I guess I'm a scalper. Damn. And here I thought I was an OK person.

I'm going to go cry now.

Who cares if he bought it for $10 and is selling it for $22? I mean, he's selling it for less than retail and it's not like others here don't scalp crap. Ever seen ANYONE on here sell a CW Anakin's Starfighter for $20?

Reaction score
Sev said:
So, If I buy something for $9.99 and sell it for $10 I guess I'm a scalper. Damn. And here I thought I was an OK person.
Technically, yes.
Socially acceptably, no.

The problem is people are calling Apples; Oranges. Scalping is scalping is scalping. The question is, what is acceptable and what isn't?

Sev said:
Who cares if he bought it for $10 and is selling it for $22?
The people who run this board. A lot of people have been coming here lately with the intent to rip you off (not saying generalvader is.) When this becomes acceptable behavior, it just invites more people with nefarious intentions.

Sev said:
I mean, he's selling it for less than retail and it's not like others here don't scalp crap.
So the cool kids are smoking, that means you should too?

Sev said:
Ever seen ANYONE on here sell a CW Anakin's Starfighter for $20?
Ahhh, the classic, let's cite items that are several years old argument. By definition, that's not scalping. It's not a quick profit, it's an investment. This is also addressed and defined in the forum rules.

And BTW, I raise my hand. I DID sell a CW Anakin's Starfighter for $20 plus CA tax and shipping a few months back. Does that make me an idiot?

Sev

Reaction score
Well, for one, I haven't seen the "people who run this board" say anything on this matter. So either, what he's doing is OK or they're flat out ignoring this.

What I mean from saying other people scalp is, why don't you get after them? I mean, logically, you would PM them exactly how much they got it for and calculate how much they're making (scalping) off of others. Then reporting them.

Well, I'm off to go do my $0.01 scalping profits from my figures.
Maybe I can hike up the price to $10.03 and REALLY rake in the cash.

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
The definition of scalping is to buy and sell in order to make a quick profit. As long as a profit is being made, it's scalping.
Hey Darth Anton, I think you've got a good heart and I appreciate the help you offer to the community.

I think the difference here is he didn't buy them with the intention of selling for profit. He just had them drop in his lap. Buying figures with the intention of turning and selling them at a quick profit -at the expense of other collectors- is scalping. The second statement you made above does not necessarily follow from the first. Making a profit is not necessarily scalping. He's selling them for LESS than retail, and I'd say that's a good thing! If he were to correct the gaffe, it would cost him his profit, cost SWS money to pay for return shipping, processing, and restocking, and cost the commuinity money to buy them back again from SWS at a higher price. That doesn't make any sense. Profit is not always a bad thing.

Reaction score
I think that he should give them to Darth Anton for free. Anyone second that.Look,I just had a great transaction with Generalvader and was extremely pleased.i find it extremely funny that people have that much time on their hands to hassle people.Look dude, if you don't want to buy it..leave his post.That is a fair price so get off his ****.Get a life !!!!!!