Seripas - CW61

GNT

Reaction score
Anyone else think he'd make an interesting figure for kids and collectors?

Seripas appeared in the recent episode 'Bounty Hunters', he was a tiny alien who wore a mechanical suit throughout the episode (Think Iron Monger from the 1st Iron Man film).

Seripas and his mechanical suit could make one of the nicest figures in a long time IMO provided his head part pops open to reveal Seripas inside (make him removable as well).

Anyone else think he'd make a welcome addition to the collection?

G

Re: Seripas - Bounty Hunter

I would love to see him, but not whats under the armor.

Reaction score

ONLY if he's SA. Hasbro loves to drop the ball on potentially awesome figures of characters like these

Reaction score

I would love a figure of him in his suit with an opening canopy and the tru Seripas inside

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
ONLY if he's SA. Hasbro loves to drop the ball on potentially awesome figures of characters like these
Agreed. This means ball and socket hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, with swivel wrists. Anything less is unacceptable and would ruin the figure. The execution of Yuuzhan Vong figure or the Darktrooper PIII should be the style for any figure produced of Seripas.

Reaction score

I would probably pick him up. He has a very cool design.

Reaction score

I would definitely get a figure of this character, especially if it came with armor.

Reaction score

I missed both airings of the episode, just caught the last minute or two last night. I'd love to get Seripas... and his real form should be a pack-in like Hondo's monkey-lizard. I don't think he needs to be able to fit IN the armor, certainly not if it means the armor figure would have less articulation or something... but having the real Seri would be great.

Reaction score

Not a fan. Didn't like him or that hideous sniper thing.

Reaction score

5thFleetSecurity said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Agreed. This means ball and socket hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, with swivel wrists. Anything less is unacceptable and would ruin the figure. The execution of Yuuzhan Vong figure or the Darktrooper PIII should be the style for any figure produced of Seripas.
Amen. Though that Dark Trooper fails because he costs $100.00...

Anyway, this figure should probably be SA. They didn't cheap out on Aurra Sing after all

Reaction score

I hope if they make him, he comes with his "little passenger".

Reaction score

just to avoid any confusion, seripas is the alien, not the armored suit

anyways, love this character design (well, all of sugi's crew are great, and almost all BH for that matter). im not sure if hasbro will go for a removable seripas on an armored suit, but that would be awesome.

Reaction score

5thFleetSecurity said:
Lord_Atmo said:
ONLY if he's SA.
Agreed. This means ball and socket hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, with swivel wrists.
Why? The suit of armor was pretty much a brick in the episode. It could barely move.

Reaction score

capt_kulas said:
just to avoid any confusion, seripas is the alien, not the armored suit

anyways, love this character design (well, all of sugi's crew are great, and almost all BH for that matter). im not sure if hasbro will go for a removable seripas on an armored suit, but that would be awesome.
Im sure they would. How else would they do it?

Reaction score

If they can pull of a bulky, Thi-Sen (or slightly bigger) version of the armor-suit, with maybe 1-2 removable pieces to reveal the alien inide, then this could be a grand slam, must-have figure. If you cannot open it up, then its a good figure, possibly very good.

By the way, was anyone else thinking about Men in Black when they first revealed the inside alien?

Reaction score

Totally agree with you on the figure design, Darth_Lynch! I would love to see the little alien inside!!

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
If they can pull of a bulky, Thi-Sen (or slightly bigger) version of the armor-suit, with maybe 1-2 removable pieces to reveal the alien inide, then this could be a grand slam, must-have figure. If you cannot open it up, then its a good figure, possibly very good.

By the way, was anyone else thinking about Men in Black when they first revealed the inside alien?
Yeah totally reminded me of MIB. I dont get why people are suggesting this figure couldnt come as in the show. Of course it could.

Reaction score

Yeah, I'd buy him. I agree that the real, organic Seripas needs to be a pack-in accessory, like Hondo Ohnaka's Kowakian lizard-monkey is! You should be able to put him inside the armored suit - but NOT if it detracts from the suit's appearance in any way!

Reaction score

I would buy him. But we all know Hasbro wont do it right.

Reaction score

i really hope hasbro does a pack-in seripas with a suit that opens up. im hoping for nifty cockpit detailing. i can live with limited articulation with seripas since he will be mostly piloting the armor but i really want an SA suit. it would be great if the paint job on the armor is something as nice as the SBD or the 1st magnaguard. this may be asking too much from H, but this is my dream seripas

Reaction score

Seripas has the potential to be a great or horrible toy. It all depends on how much Hasbro wants to put into this guy. It will be expensive on their part if the suit opens up. Perhaps this will be offset by making it a deluxe figure?

Reaction score

I really want him, and if Hasbro were smart they would be reading these post and give us what we want, the way we want it. I still belive its us, the collectors that make the Star Wars line so popular.

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
Seripas has the potential to be a great or horrible toy. It all depends on how much Hasbro wants to put into this guy. It will be expensive on their part if the suit opens up. Perhaps this will be offset by making it a deluxe figure?
They've proven they don't know how to handle the Deluxe line in any meaningful way (with few exceptions, like the upcoming Death Watch warrior & bike)... and really, there's zero reason to throw Seripas in the deluxe line. He could be a big SA suit of armor. If he opens up, not much needs to move. They can make the real Seripas a no-articulation 'accessory' like Hondo's pet, or even just have Seripas, non-removable, sculpted inside the suit so you can see him when you open it.

OR they could skip the opening altogether & just make him an accessory.

Reaction score

Seripas seems like a pretty lame figure to make into a toy. The armor got destroyed after all of about 3 seconds of battle. I doubt the character will ever come back, and if he does, he won't have that same armored suit.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:

That's exactly what i thought about when the suit opens up and the little green guy is inside. For me, this was a little too borrowed of an idea and just didn't feel very SW. It would be a cool toy for the kids. My son would love to get it, i'm sure. i'd suggest a deluxe type thing to make it look right even though the suit was not that big. For $7.99 I dont think Hasbro would give what everyone is wanting in this character, but for the $15.99 deluxe they could. But personally, I could care less with this one.

Reaction score

I also thought MIB when I first saw it. Then again, intelligent creatures have been controlling robots from within for decades, just look at the old Japanese anime and to an extent, The Wizard of Oz. While it looks swiped from MIB, MIB borrowed the idea from others as well.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
bongjuan said:
They've proven they don't know how to handle the Deluxe line in any meaningful way (with few exceptions, like the upcoming Death Watch warrior & bike)... and really, there's zero reason to throw Seripas in the deluxe line. He could be a big SA suit of armor. If he opens up, not much needs to move. They can make the real Seripas a no-articulation 'accessory' like Hondo's pet, or even just have Seripas, non-removable, sculpted inside the suit so you can see him when you open it.

OR they could skip the opening altogether & just make him an accessory.
OR why wouldnt they just make the little dude inside an articulated figure and the large articulated armour suit. Why are we even discussing ways to cheap out?

Reaction score

matto said:
For me, this was a little too borrowed of an idea
Welcome to Star Wars: Land of Borrowed Ideas.

If it was a human wearing a giant mech suit ala Robotech or Voltron or Gundam or whatever, yeah... but it's a tiny alien in a galaxy largely populated by beings 5-8 feet in height. Works for me!

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
matto said:
For me, this was a little too borrowed of an idea
Welcome to Star Wars: Land of Borrowed Ideas.

If it was a human wearing a giant mech suit ala Robotech or Voltron or Gundam or whatever, yeah... but it's a tiny alien in a galaxy largely populated by beings 5-8 feet in height. Works for me!
I'm not against the idea of little green men in big suits. I'm just saying we've seen this way too many times in way too many other movies/cartoons. I know SW has always "borrowed" looks even back to Vader but SW has also always found ways to make things look pretty unique. Here I think they went a little too straight out of MIB and others... similar to the weequay pirate's flying saucer. With a little more thought, i just think they could have come up with something that fit more inside the SW universe. I think thats part of why the other 2 bounty hunters from the last episode are more popular. They didn't get that much more action time than Seripas, but Sugi reminds people of Maul and/or Eeth Koth & many have said Embo looks a little like this or that character from Jabba's palace, etc...

GNT

Reaction score

According to the froont page looks like he'll be on tap for next year, go figure

Reaction score

How mobile the armor was in the show doesnt matter. An SA robotic exo suit would make an awesome toy either way!

The fact that Embo is SA gives me hope that Seripas will follow suit!

Reaction score

Agreed. If any kind of character deserves thorough articulation it's one like this. I'd submit it goes hand in hand with this sort of character and there'd be the expectation from any kid who bought it.

As for little Seripas himself, the guy inside the suit, he need be little more than an unarticulated figure like the monkey lizard that came with Hondo. At that size any articulation he might have would probably just compromise the sculpt anyways. Were I Hasbro, I'd be keeping him simple (along with the hatch/pop of head tthat accommodates him) and putting the tooling dollars into the robo suit's articulation. Then when it comes to deco, as the exterior of the suit is fairly plain, that money can be spent fruiting up and doing justice to little Seripas and the cockpit inerior.

Anyways, just my thoughts on it.

Reaction score

Yeah Seripas himself could be a total statue for all I care, the robot is the true awesome deadly fighter that needs to pose like one

Reaction score

I agree... SA exo-suit, with non-articulated pilot. With his long neck, Seripas probably couldn't even sport swivel-head articulation at that size.