Sergiu/Jkno's Imperial Command Center

Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
634
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

What a really great update my friend!!!

Congrats to you LIFESIZE STORMTROOPER DISPLAY!!!
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Spookymufu said:
fan-freekin-tastic!
Ham_Solo said:
Looks superb!
BoboFatt said:
Nice job...one day I'll have one guarding my house!
DarthLuumzl said:
What a really great update my friend!!!

Congrats to you LIFESIZE STORMTROOPER DISPLAY!!!
Thanks a lot guys! I always dreamed of having a life-size Stormtrooper and thanks to my girl I finally got it. Excepting maybe a Rubies armor that is owned by a guy in Bucharest, I think this is the only other Stormtrooper 1:1 in my country. I just received the neck seal too. Thus only the boots to arrive by next month.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

A couple more shots:




 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

One more shot of the life-size SDS Stormtrooper before the boots will arrive. And if everything goes well I might get the E-11 blaster sooner than expected.


 
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
634
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Can't wait to see him finished with boots and E-11!!!

That is a masterpiece in your great collection!!!
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Thanks DL! It seems the E-11 blaster will arrive sooner than expected, so next month at the end should be here as well.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

I just received 2 Imperial Code Cylinders (radiation dosimeters) which I will dispaly next to my Imperial stuff:




And an Adidas Star Wars Stormtrooper T-Shirt:

 
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Nice pick up,I dig the shirt and Code Cylinders are always cool I was lucky to get 4 from the RPF last year.Again congrat's on the cool stuff.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

MasterAbsinthe said:
Nice pick up,I dig the shirt and Code Cylinders are always cool I was lucky to get 4 from the RPF last year.Again congrat's on the cool stuff.
By any chance did you manage to get ones with the blue cap? I would like one of those badly.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Thanks buddy.

BTW I just realized these radiation dosimeters aka Imperial Code Cylinders are in fact the same ones (or at least very similar) to the ones General Tagge and Chief Bast have:



 
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Johnny Briggs' dad. Every time I see him in star wars I hear the Johnny Briggs music and see him running along that fence with a stick being chased by his dog (in my head). It can sometimes spoil my enjoyment.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

intwenothor said:
Johnny Briggs' dad. Every time I see him in star wars I hear the Johnny Briggs music and see him running along that fence with a stick being chased by his dog (in my head). It can sometimes spoil my enjoyment.
LOL. But he has those Imperial Code Cylinders
 
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Looks really good Sergiu...i need one of those.
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2010
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Sergiu said:
intwenothor said:
Johnny Briggs' dad. Every time I see him in star wars I hear the Johnny Briggs music and see him running along that fence with a stick being chased by his dog (in my head). It can sometimes spoil my enjoyment.
LOL. But he has those Imperial Code Cylinders
And then there's Admiral Ozzel who was also the strict deputy headmaster in Grange Hill.

Got those boots yet?
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

jediwatto said:
Looks really good Sergiu...i need one of those.
Thanks. You mean Imperial Code Cylinders/dosimeters? PM me and I'll send you a link


intwenothor said:
Sergiu said:
intwenothor said:
Johnny Briggs' dad. Every time I see him in star wars I hear the Johnny Briggs music and see him running along that fence with a stick being chased by his dog (in my head). It can sometimes spoil my enjoyment.
LOL. But he has those Imperial Code Cylinders
And then there's Admiral Ozzel who was also the strict deputy headmaster in Grange Hill.

Got those boots yet?
The boots are not shipped yet. Joey @ Caboots contacted me:

"We had a problem with UPS delivering directly to you from our factory, so we have to have them shipped to our factory in the USA before we will be able to ship them to you. I expect the boots to be in our factory in the USA next week and we will forward the boots on to you." No extra costs. No FedEx crap. Just simple and cool customer service
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Just got an over-sized Gentle Giant TIE Fighter Pilot bust

Just kidding,
it is in fact the life-size SDS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest:














 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

forcesensitive said:
congrats my friend! very impressive!!!
Thanks Hrvoje! Wanted this for a long time but the Stormie 1:1 ate all my funds. But with the recent money from the book I'm co-author on I was able to get this too.

According to StarWarsHelmets site the SDS TIE helmet is the most accurate there is - Jez says: "I have to say that this one is almost identical. Even looking at this helmet in 2008 I still believe it is the most accurate TIE helmet ever produced."
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
634
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Ok Sir, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

2 big - BIG - things for your great collection in a very short time!!! Congratulations man!!!


Back to your Stormtrooper:
I love that mannequin! Do you have some information to it? Or did you build up it by yourselfe?
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

DarthLuumzl said:
Ok Sir, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

2 big - BIG - things for your great collection in a very short time!!! Congratulations man!!!


Back to your Stormtrooper:
I love that mannequin! Do you have some information to it? Or did you build up it by yourselfe?
Since I decided not to pay over $1000 on shipping and taxes for the Vader Legend helmet (after a calculus I made yesterday it seems I would have had to pay about $1200 in taxes and shipping alone), I got some money left and got this and other things.


The mannequin is from Morplan it is flexible, and very well made.

Flexible Mannequins:

- Fully flexible display figures with strong wire 'skeletons', soft polyurethane foam bodies
- Choice of jersey finishes - cream or pale grey marl
- Set them in any position
- Removable heads - supplied with a neck cap
- Display using included stand or support with nylon thread using the neck loop
- Male Height: 180cm (5'11in.)
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
634
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

1200 USD only for shipping and taxes?!

Ok, I can understand why you did not buy the Legend...

So I think we'll see some more great stuff the next days, do we?!


Thanks a lot for the information to the mannequin!!! I will mark the link for future projects!!!
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

DarthLuumzl said:
1200 USD only for shipping and taxes?!

Ok, I can understand why you did not buy the Legend...

So I think we'll see some more great stuff the next days, do we?!


Thanks a lot for the information to the mannequin!!! I will mark the link for future projects!!!
Indeed it was: over $700 shipping, 24% VAT and customs charges and where they tax the shipping quote as well - thus they would have taxed $1700 (helmet plus shipping), not just $1000 the price of the helmet.

Do you intend to go for some other life-size items? Maybe a Stormtrooper or Royal Guard?
Wish I had the space for 1:1 because I would go for a Royal Guard and especially a TIE Pilot life-size, because gloves will come soon, same with shoulder patches and also a commpad. I already have the TIE helmet, chest and Imperial Code Cylinders. I would only need the body suit, boots and belt. But no space to display another 1:1 mannequin, unless I put in in my bed's place, and I'll sleep in the attic...
 
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Sergiu said:
Just got an over-sized Gentle Giant TIE Fighter Pilot bust

Just kidding,
it is in fact the life-size SDS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest:






Fantastic!
 
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
490
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

WoW
!!!

That Tie Pilot bust is simply AWESOME! Congrats Segiu, that´s a great addition to the collection
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,895
Reaction score
1
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Next to the eFX Studio Scale.....,two holy grails.Congrats Sergiu,this bust is a dream!!
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
5,051
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Sergiu said:
Just got an over-sized Gentle Giant TIE Fighter Pilot bust

Just kidding,
it is in fact the life-size SDS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest:














Awesome to the max
Congrats to getting this awesome item
 
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Big congrat's on the TIE pilot bust Sergiu very awesome man.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Gianco_Fett said:
WoW
!!!

That Tie Pilot bust is simply AWESOME! Congrats Segiu, that´s a great addition to the collection
Thanks. The bust itself is huge, couldn't believe how big it is. And very well made. It is exactly like they were made for the movies. and the details on helmet and cehst box are amazing.


catch said:
Next to the eFX Studio Scale.....,two holy grails.Congrats Sergiu,this bust is a dream!!
Thanks. That is what I was thinking as well.
Since this is the most accurate TIE Pilot according to Jez @ StaRWarsHelmets i'm really glad I got it


BoboFatt said:
Very nice.
Thanks


Darth_Finger said:
Awesome to the max
Congrats to getting this awesome item
Your TIE armor is inspiring buddy!


MasterAbsinthe said:
Big congrat's on the TIE pilot bust Sergiu very awesome man.
Thanks old friend. I'm glad I had a nice discount as well.
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
5,433
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Love the new "bust", bro!


That's a centerpiece in most collections.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Ham_Solo said:
Love the new "bust", bro!


That's a centerpiece in most collections.
Thanks a lot buddy!!


Now I'm getting a pair of TIE Pilot leather hand gloves (thanks to a good friend), and maybe a belt and buckle. I already have 2 Imperial Code Cylinders (original radiation dosimeters) and a pair of Imperial TIE patches which all will be displayed next to this bust when the custom cabinet will be ready.

Thus if I ever wanted a 1:1 TIE Pilot on a mannequin (like my SDS Stormie armor) or to join 501st as TIE Pilot, I would only need a body suit and boots - both could be found pretty easily.



edit: typo
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
6,276
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

That display is a thing of beauty. SDS knocked it out of the park with that. I'm sure it would be relatively easy to do the full costume, but I really like the power of that bust display.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Hedji said:
That display is a thing of beauty. SDS knocked it out of the park with that. I'm sure it would be relatively easy to do the full costume, but I really like the power of that bust display.
Thank you for the kind words Hedji.
I already have 2 Imperial Cylinder Codes (original radiation dosimeters), which are exactly what needed for a TIE Pilot - not the blue cap ones, but regular metallic ones. And when I get the TIE gloves, belt, and compad (all 3 already ordered, and all 501st approved), I would only need the flight suit and the boots to have a complete 1:1 TIE Fighter Pilot costume. SDS armors and helmets are already 501st approved.

But indeed the bust goes well on its own, and that is how I intend to display it (with these extra props next to it of course). I'm waiting now for the eFX TIE Fighter measurements/dimensions, thus to be able to make the special display cabinet for the bust and the studio scale ship.
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
6,276
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Omigod... I forgot about the eFX TIE for a second. Those will look flippin' amazing next to each other!! Holy smokes. I wish SDS stuff was a bit cheaper and accessible to the U.S. customers. (I'm beginning to see your frustration with the eFX shipping and import for the Vader helmet to your country.)
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

They will be one on top of each other, on different shelves, but will see exactly how they fit and look the best when the eFX TIE arrives. As for shipping and related issues, too bad collectors have to pass through such things so often.
 
Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
490
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Did the helmet come with the two Imperial logos on it? At SDS website it's shown completely black
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Gianco_Fett said:
Did the helmet come with the two Imperial logos on it? At SDS website it's shown completely black
I had to attach them myself.
 
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Congrats on all the SDS stuff Sergiu !!!

I've long had my eye on the full SDS Stormie armour too...

Except, I'd have to WEAR it ha ha ha !!!

Looks great on the mannequin too.

Did the Imperial logos come with the Tie Pilot helmet to stick on yourself or did you source them seperately?
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,436
Reaction score
13
Re: Sergiu/Jkno\'s Imperial Command Center

Thanks a lot!! I always wanted a 1:1 Stormie and finally it was here. Now the boots and blaster to arrive and I'm done with this guy
 
Top