Sergiu/Jkno's Imperial Command Center

Reaction score
The Japanese "Star Wars Chronicles Episode IV, V and VI - Vehicles" book arrived, it is a great source of interesting information and unseen pictures regarding the studio scale ships and vehicles from Original Trilogy. I like how Japanese books are well packed and wrapped, seen this before with my manga and anime art books, and now with this Star Wars book. I highly recommend this book if you like studio scale models:

Reaction score
The white troopers from Original Trilogy - from right to left: ANH (by RS), ESB (RS), ROTJ (CfO) Stormies, Scout dirty (RS), Scout clean (LoneWolf), Snowtrooper Commander (Laws), Snowtrooper (MonCal):

Reaction score
Are the stands & plaques from another outsource group? I noticed Anovos does not provide stands.

Reaction score
Are the stands & plaques from another outsource group? I noticed Anovos does not provide stands.
Excepting the RS Prop Masters stands, the others I got from a FISD member, they are made of solid wood with Imperial logo on the base, you can see an example here. The custom plaques for my stuff are made by Panther, Feezlenuts and Ariel. BTW I just realized almost 90% of the photos in this thread are gone, because imageshack, webshots and other hosting sites are down. At least the collection can be seen in the first post.

Reaction score
That is a beauty Sergiu!! Any chance you get to add some side profile shots, would love to see more of this helmet.

Reaction score
Very nice Sergiu, plus the complete package with the incredible case is amazing!! ... Whom did you use to pull that together?

Reaction score
Very nice Sergiu, plus the complete package with the incredible case is amazing!! ... Whom did you use to pull that together?
Thanks, I got the Graflex in 2015 from RPF, when prices were lower. It was already converted with real Exactra 20 bubbles and Roy t-racks and D-ring. I used to have another display base for it, a black one, but when I got this LED lighted case, I started using my second one, made of clear acrylic. The cool thing about the case is that you can rotate the light poles and also get the LED lights lower or higher as you want, to illuminate the item displayed better

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sergiu, have you spent any time looking into the “Beyond the Armor” book? Just curious your thoughts on if it was worth the investment?

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback.

Who made your 1:1 Snowtrooper helmet? Any thought on how it would compare with the Anovos offering?

Reaction score
Just wait for the upcoming RS Prop Masters Snowtrooper, it will be the most accurate.
When is that one coming available? Any idea on cost and if it will be weathered? I really want a weathered Snowtrooper and Sandtrooper.

Reaction score
It looks like you can commission a Snowtrooper helmet right now, but there is no price? Or is there something else coming that you are referring to?

Reaction score
Industrial Light & Magic - The Art of Special Effects book finally arrived, it took some time, but well worth the wait:

Reaction score
EFX Scout helmet arrived. Like I said before I wasn't expecting too much difference from what I've seen from collector's pics already.
The helmet is quite heavy, shiny and looks solid, coming with a nice COA, but is not as accurate as it could have been. The jaw flair and the big visor gap are the most prominent issues with this replica. My visor closes quite ok looking from sides, but looking from top it the gap is wider on one side than the other.

The visor itself has some accuracy problems as well. The snout is not that sharp, but was expecting to be softer so it is ok. The stand looks cheap, but seems reasonably steady and solid, still is definitely inferior to other EFX stands. Price is quite high for what you get in the end, especially for international collectors who weren't bribed by EFX with a free Vader helmet.

The overall appearance is ok, less accurate than RS Prop Masters and maybe even LoneWolf, and looks better than Altmanns, the other licensed high end Scout helmet. An ok replica, but inferior to previous EFX LE helmet replicas. It is not the worst Scout helmet out there, but definitely not the best.

Comparison EFX vs LoneWolf (LW) vs RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper Helmets:

Reaction score
RS Prop Masters bought the Snowtrooper helmet and backpack from the Prop Store 2017 auction

Sergiu, do you have any idea on when this will be available from RS? In your opinion, is this the #1 Snowtrooper helmet to buy?

Reaction score
So do you have one of these in your collection. Is this going to be a weathered offering? Are they good about communication and delivering to the U.S.? Seems last time I tried to contact them, I could not get them to respond to a couple of emails. Do you have a recommendation for contact?

Reaction score
So do you have one of these in your collection. Is this going to be a weathered offering? Are they good about communication and delivering to the U.S.? Seems last time I tried to contact them, I could not get them to respond to a couple of emails. Do you have a recommendation for contact?
I ordered a Snowtrooper helmet from RS (I was in the first 50), paid it, but didn't receive it yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon. They offer clean or weathered, but I went weathered this time. This is the email I use when talking to RS, Andrea McCormick will answer: info @ rspropmasters . com