Sergeant Kreel (Star Wars Comic Book Appearance)

Reaction score
I do want this figure, but I don't want to pay that price for him. I'm not sure what new sculpt he's opening the door for, but based on the last two years, I think it's gonna be a different kind of trooper, or backgrounder from one of the shows. Which would probably also be a pass from me.

We all want a few obscure characters, but I don't think they've been doing a good job of finding the balance, because there's a chunk of main characters everyone seems to want too that aren't getting any love. And half the ones that do, land in the "deluxe price" range.
Yeah, this is exactly where I am. If these were the flat $20, I probably would have succumbed to the temptation...we are building up a decent collection of characters for a 2015 Marvel run display, and I'd gladly include Kreel.

But with prices going up, I have to be a little more selective...and a simple figure of a minor character in a third-tier medium* is not gonna make the cut.

(*No disrespect to the comics...I enjoy reading them more often than not, but I still think of the movies as the top tier, TV shows as second, and then publishing characters in third.)

Reaction score
Yeah, this is exactly where I am. If these were the flat $20, I probably would have succumbed to the temptation...we are building up a decent collection of characters for a 2015 Marvel run display, and I'd gladly include Kreel.

But with prices going up, I have to be a little more selective...and a simple figure of a minor character in a third-tier medium* is not gonna make the cut.

(*No disrespect to the comics...I enjoy reading them more often than not, but I still think of the movies as the top tier, TV shows as second, and then publishing characters in third.)
I actually really enjoy reading the comics and it's kind of unique in the sense that it's one of the only Star Wars forms of media I can enjoy in a vacuum - I don't see people's random opinion/thoughts on the stories online, nothing gets spoiled for me, it's a lot of lore-building, it makes me think about what I just read and the ideas presented instead of wondering "what are they setting up?". I genuinely enjoy the comics.

But the price and character selection is what's making me hold off. I've said before about other lines, when I'm having fun collecting a line, I'm a lot more likely to buy more stuff from it/characters I'm not as interested in. But lately price and characters are making me look at my preorders with a little more scrutiny.

And the number of preorders is starting to get a little out of control too. I just feel better sidestepping that and saying "I'll wait a sale". Not a must-have/instant preorder for me. Will pick up though eventually. Very cool character.

Reaction score
Well i ordered him, comic Leia, and Lucas stormtrooper from Deepdiscount. Kreel was $25.16 , Leia was $23.81 and Lucas was $23.81 as well.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Well i ordered him, comic Leia, and Lucas stormtrooper from Deepdiscount. Kreel was $25.16 , Leia was $23.81 and Lucas was $23.81 as well.
I chickened out and ordered them from Dorkside instead. I got all paranoid since I've never used deepdiscount before.
I've pretty satisfied with what I've received from them thus far, but I too was a bit hesitant to a pre-order with them. My main concern being the ability to cancel. How easy was it for you to cancel your pre-order?