Sequel Trilogy Picture Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Thought I'd start up a thread so users can post real on set Episode 7 pictures going forward.

Real pictures only, fake pictures will be removed. Please no oversized images either.

From Bad Robots Twitter page:

So at least we know a Tatooine sequence will be shot in Imax :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope, i'm sorry but that top one is fake. You can't fit that many people in a room with Carrie Fisher! :grin:

Reaction score
In the group photo, I like how Peter Mayhew is the one of the only people actually reading the script. Because it's soooo incredibly important that he gets all of his lines memorized. :grin:

Reaction score
nobody puts R2 in a box! suppose to be a baby in the corner joke.

is that the Gollum dude beside hamill? I didn't know he was cast.

Reaction score
Where have you been under a Rock? He's not Gollum anymore, he goes by Caesar now! ;)

Reaction score
HAIL CAESAR! im not certain why he is the only actor that can play CG creatures, but is it him?

Reaction score
HAIL CAESAR! im not certain why he is the only actor that can play CG creatures, but is it him?
He's not the only actor that can play CGI characters but, let's face it, he is TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN when it comes to playing CGI characters (nobody does it better).

Would you prefer Ahmed Best? Huh...? Hmmm...? Aye...?

Yeah... Thought not. :)

And yes, that's him sitting next to Mark Hamill.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i notice that R2 is absolutely spotless- like a new car... Could that mean anything?? He did get pretty dirty and banged up in the OT..??

GNT

Reaction score
i notice that R2 is absolutely spotless- like a new car... Could that mean anything?? He did get pretty dirty and banged up in the OT..??
They can age him if needed prior to his scenes being films. Storywise his parts may've been fixed in 30 years by Luke, he might be more of an important royal droid for Luke rather then a 2nd hand piece of junk so his been all cleaned up. Time will tell.

Reaction score
Those wings are either not going to split at all or are going to split down the middle front-to-back instead of top-to-bottom.

Reaction score
Oh wow, good catch there. That's a very interesting way for the wings to open. When split, they will have a slightly staggered look.

Reaction score
Oh wow, good catch there. That's a very interesting way for the wings to open. When split, they will have a slightly staggered look.
Just for the record, I didn't catch it - some dude on Slashfilm figured it out.

But I think it should look pretty rad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like this X-Wings wings / struts will be narrower in width, than that of an OT X-Wing (when the S-Foils are open) - and the staggered configuration makes for an interesting direction (in terms of it's overall look).

Very cool!!!! :D

Reaction score
I wonder what theyve done to the At-At design then..???

The new X-Wing looks like its going fast just sitting there....:grin:

Mouse Droid rules......

This movie could be pretty interesting for an old bloke like me....

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY a confirmation that we'll see mouse droids in the sequels
phewwww i was truly concerned about contiuity :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY a confirmation that we'll see mouse droids in the sequels
phewwww i was truly concerned about contiuity :sneaky:
Looks like comic relief, to me. :rolleyes: There's a difference in trying to be funny, and actually being funny, and there was nothing funny about that Mouse Droid. I hope JJ lets it happen in the movie and not force it, excuse the pun.

Reaction score
I sure as hel7 hope they ran the concept by Oakley before they started making any props....B)

Just saying.:whistling:

GNT

Reaction score
The helmet seems way too smooth for my liking.

Here's a new pic with a new robotic hand...maybe Luke's new hand?

Reaction score
I wish my name was D.C. Barnes.. well done, have the time of your life sir..

Well done to all who contributed, it's amazing what can be achieved when people stand together..

Reaction score
Mintinbox.net has posted what it claims to be the first pix inside Star Wars: Episode 7's Millennium Falcon, plus what looks like a corridor possibly from inside an Imperial Star Destroyer, but could be a number of things. Most appear to be legit especially with the appearance of green screen which digital movies now more commonly use. The only doubt among people seems to be picture 2, the top left image in my example, which is the only one with no green screen in sight.

Source: MintInBox.net - Star Wars Episode VII

Last edited:
Reaction score
What would be the reasoning behind posting 3 genuine episode 7 pics and attaching a "fake/old" pic with it? If we are going to assume any of them (especially the majority of them) are authentic...wouldn't it stand to reason they are all authentic....? Or all fake?

"Hehehe...I'm going to send 3 real photos from
arguably the hottest film in production...then I'm going to trick them all by attaching ONE old photo! Hehehe...that'll teach'em!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Read my post properly before making dumb comments dude! I never said whoever posted this made a fake or incorrect claim, I said some people have expressed doubt over one of the images because its so different, both in clarity and quality from the others. Personally I think they're all real anyway, but that doesn't mean someone wouldn't try pulling a fast one, it happens all the time even on (GASP!!) big budget productions, and the reasoning is obvious so don't even go there.

Reaction score
Huh?!? ....I didn't say anything about YOU saying it was fake...I was saying why would "people" think that. What would be the reasoning if there's 3 REAL photos why bother adding ONE fake to them?

"Don't go there"?! What the hell are you talking about?!

GNT

Reaction score
The only doubt among people seems to be picture 2, the top left image in my example, which is the only one with no green screen in sight
They probably didn't have the green screen up at the time the picture was taken no biggie :)

Reaction score
They probably didn't have the green screen up at the time the picture was taken no biggie :)
Yes, that's what I thought too. Very interesting pics though, especially inside the Falcon which still looks very faithful to the original while having a few nice touches of its own. Like newly upholstered front seats and a few extra gear sticks at the controls, which I'm sure you noticed, but very nice indeed. :)