See-Threepio (C-3P0) - VC06

Reaction score
I pitched mine into a bin to give to some neighborhood kids. Don't care how much he's worth now. I'm glad to get rid of the mini-C3P0 from my collection. To me, he was always an eyesore that looked out of place.

Reaction score
I pitched mine into a bin to give to some neighborhood kids. Don't care how much he's worth now. I'm glad to get rid of the mini-C3P0 from my collection. To me, he was always an eyesore that looked out of place.

Rough diamonds may sometimes be mistaken for worthless pebbles.

Reaction score
I was going through some figures yesterday and came upon him again. I think the figure's really nice, but just doesn't have the OT color.

Reaction score
Little custom jobber: gave him some height by cutting off a duplicate figure's legs and attaching them further down from the knee. The now footless Threepio is displayed in the net on Chewie's back.

Now that he's the correct height I finally did something I thought about doing for a long time. I gold leafed him! This is first WIP pic, I still need to weather him up for a RoTJ shelf. The gold leaf shows a lot of 'noise' is the best word I can think of, in the finish but it is the only way to have an actual reflective surface that cannot be achieved by spray paint. I plan on doing this again to the new Mission Series Threepio when I get him. And since he is a harder plastic I'm sure the finish will be an even smoother result. So he will be my ANH stand in.

I dont know know why that's sideways, it's correct on my iphone and Photoshop editor app. Turn yer heads

Last edited:
Reaction score
He turned out really well after swapping his head with a BAD head and weathering the finish for a RoTJ look

My first test subject

Reaction score
He turned out really well after swapping his head with a BAD head and weathering the finish for a RoTJ look

My first test subject

Looks fantastic man! I love this figure! I have never understood all the hate. I never saw him in stores but was lucky enough to meet a guy on another forum that sold him to me NIP for $12

Reaction score
i need one of these
Hasbro has said they will not be re-releasing older sculpts in the main line. (A Hasbro Half-Truth of course). Hopefully this TVC Threepio will be in a battle pack or something. I'd love this sculpt in AOTC colours. As an OT Threepio, I'm not really keen on the removable panels.

On a side note, it's remarkable to see the incredible discussion this figure still solicits. From the early questioning days, to release and mixed feelings. From pegwarming to eBay scalping. And here we are, still talking about this little guy.

Reaction score
I am basically, starting to collect TVC from scratch. So hes new to me and I want him in this package MOC.

Reaction score
I have it. I like it, but I sill prefer this one. Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

He may not have as many removable panels and such, but I'd still rather have this version sit in my BMF. Did Hasbro even intend for him to be so dismantled? I think the only photos I saw from them just sowed the panels off. It was probably just the way he was produced that allow everything else to pull apart.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have it. I like it, but I sill prefer this one. Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

He may not have as many removable panels and such, but I'd still rather have this version sit in my BMF. Did Hasbro even intend for him to be so dismantled? I think the only photos I saw from them just sowed the panels off. It was probably just the way he was produced that allow everything else to pull apart.
bleh, I would argue that even the BAD U3PO was a better sculpt than that thing.........TVC 3PO is my fav and I think after you do the height mod, it looks most like Anthony Daniels in costume then any other available when posed right. I dont care for the removable panels either and I've glued them on so they dont pop off.......again ;)

Reaction score
bleh, I would argue that even the BAD U3PO was a better sculpt than that thing.........TVC 3PO is my fav and I think after you do the height mod, it looks most like Anthony Daniels in costume then any other available when posed right. I dont care for the removable panels either and I've glued them on so they dont pop off.......again ;)

100% ditto. and I've also glued the panels on. The Endor C-3PO just doesn't look like Threepio, if that makes sense.

Reaction score
I still don't think they have nailed him in the 4" scale. Hoping the BS6 version is a homerun.
Impossible right out of the gate. No matter how perfect he is, he will either be in proper scale to Shrimptoo-Deetoo, or in scale with the rest of the 6" line. Not everyone will win.

Reaction score
I recently acquired this 3PO via a trade with another 'scummer. While my negative comments are nothing new [the removable panels annoy me (they fall off too easily), the eyes are sunk too far into the head [because of the removable face plate] and he's too short) but he does have one redeeming quality. The figure can re-enact the scene from the end of ESB.

So many 3POs over the years, yet none of them fully satisfy me. Had this figure been a shiny repaint of the BAD protocol buck packaged with a cargo net and packaged on the classis ESB cardback (See-Threepio with removable limbs) I would have wet myself!

Reaction score
Impossible right out of the gate. No matter how perfect he is, he will either be in proper scale to Shrimptoo-Deetoo, or in scale with the rest of the 6" line. Not everyone will win.
Totally agree. I would prefer they scale the 6" C-3PO properly and just accept that R2 for what it is - a resident of the Island of Misfit Toys.

Seriously, what is the deal with scaling these two? I understand the LFL measurements theory, but they can't even stick to that. They're just all over the place.

Reaction score
Totally agree. I would prefer they scale the 6" C-3PO properly and just accept that R2 for what it is - a resident of the Island of Misfit Toys.

Seriously, what is the deal with scaling these two? I understand the LFL measurements theory, but they can't even stick to that. They're just all over the place.

You and I are in the minority I believe. Or perhaps there is just a very vocal minority that wants the two droids in scale with each other. I'm sure the knives will come out again.

Reaction score
My panels are starting to fall off easier then before. How can I fix them?

Reaction score
Maybe, although I don't want to damage my figure.
just put a small drop under the panel and press it on, it wont damage the figure.......Unless you mean the act of securing them permanently is actually damaging the figure, then I dont know what to tell you except maybe blutac to hold em down and it comes right off when you want to remove it.....I personally find the removable panels stupid and glued all my figures panels on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, prices have skyrocketed for 'ol goldenrod. In the neighborhood of 60 in some cases. I only recall seeing him ONE time at Target.

Reaction score
I posted this in the Saga Collection forum, but I don't think many users visit that section:
I'm considering adding titanium C-3PO to my collection. Can anyone advise if the figure has any articulation? Looks like shoulders are...
How does the figure's height compare to other versions of C-3PO?
Anything else I should know about this figure?
Also, if anyone is interested in selling theirs off (MIP or loose) let me know.

Reaction score
I'm still looking for TVC 3PO, anybody have one to trade??? I have a trade thread, have ERG, Red Bandana Kithaba ect ect!!!
I have a 3PO, but I couldn't find your trade thread. PM me with a list of what you have to trade.

Reaction score
This is still my favorite figure from the vintage collection and as much as I love it, I can't believe this guy is going for $65 on Amazon!

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I normally ignore the sellers on Amazon as they seem to dramatically overinflate the price, but that's fair market value for him based on what has sold on eBay.

Perhaps he deserves a rerelease but without the removable panels. Hasbro can just factory glue them. I wouldn't complain if he was a repack in the Black Series.

Reaction score
This is still my favorite figure from the vintage collection and as much as I love it, I can't believe this guy is going for $65 on Amazon!
Some seller accidentally posted him for $9 a couple weeks ago on Amazon. I bought him immediately and a day later I was notified my order was canceled. It was resisted for $60 shortly thereafter. It's still seems a little steep but that's supply and demand for you. Clearly a little more supply on this one was needed. I passed on him at retail, didn't seem that impressive at a glance in the package but later realized my mistake and picked him up loose on ebay with a missing leg panel for $12 or so.

Reaction score
Some seller accidentally posted him for $9 a couple weeks ago on Amazon. I bought him immediately and a day later I was notified my order was canceled. It was resisted for $60 shortly thereafter. It's still seems a little steep but that's supply and demand for you. Clearly a little more supply on this one was needed. I passed on him at retail, didn't seem that impressive at a glance in the package but later realized my mistake and picked him up loose on ebay with a missing leg panel for $12 or so.
I would like one from this line but may just pick up an earlier version. I'm looking at maybe getting the OTC version...does anyone know if the VOTC version has knee joints?

Found my answer and no it does not have articulation in the knees.

Last edited: