See-Threepio (C-3P0) - VC06

Reaction score
still do not like this figure, he's almost like Tarkin to me, so close but so far away...

Reaction score
It's just too small. Normal sized and it'd be one of the greatest figures ever. Even the colour is fine in person.

Reaction score
The only reason I want a vac metalized version is because in some scenes he appears that way , and in some scenes he absolutely does not appear that way. I'm not one of these collectors that's under the delusion that 3po "is supposed to be vac metalized" just because the figures have been that way so many times in the past. 3po only looks chrome/shiney/vac metalized some of the time

Reaction score
I somehow ended up with a spare of this guy if anyone needs him still. He's loose but seems to be in good shape

Reaction score
I have one, but his package is damaged.

Exactly the same - almost exactly the same damage - like my Vintage C-3PO package has ...

Some things never change, seemingly. ;)

Reaction score
I had no problem finding it... The problem is that I didn't buy it, despite seeing it dozens of times. I did get one on eBay for about $9 later on, but that's not the point. I had a similar problem with Sidious and Cody.

Reaction score
What I find interesting, personally, is, that in the beginning, no-one wanted this figure.
And now people do.
The prices are slowly but steadily increasing.

Reaction score
What I find interesting, personally, is, that in the beginning, no-one wanted this figure.
And now people do.
The prices are slowly but steadily increasing.

Reaction score
I think there was a revision case where he was packed 2x per case and at the beginning he was one to hang around longer than the others. I think a lot of people didn't really need him and they also figured that Hasbro would repack him in later cases. They didn't and C-3POs quickly got bought up.

This figure is a success story for me. Hasbro packed him just right and even though there's demand for it, I think most people that initially wanted him were able to get him.

We'll see this figure again in different packaging, but anybody looking for it now, must really want the card more than the figure.

Reaction score
Glad I didn't hate on this figure when it was first released. Easily my favorite C-3PO made and IMO the best that Hasbro has done on the character. I do think that the way it was packaged turned some people off - the arms straight down didn't look right. Once posed this figure is great.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I think collectors were initially turned off with the height issue and a non vac-metal finish. In the end, many collectors recognized the value of this figure in it's movie accuracy and the fact the articulation really brings out the character of C3PO, more so that any other 3PO released yet. Still not a fan of the removable plates but that's easily fixed with superglue.

Reaction score
Nifty. Is that a direct recreation of a Star Tours set-up? I haven't kept up on what they've done...?

All I can think when I see it is "E chu ta!"
Well, Threepio is the pilot... I just added U-3PO for s&g's. But it was amazing. I guess there are 50 different versions, and the 2 I went on were different (I got to see Hoth, Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscaunt). I did get Vader both times, but I hear there is another opening shot with a probe droid and the Falcon.

Reaction score
Well, Threepio is the pilot... I just added U-3PO for s&g's. But it was amazing. I guess there are 50 different versions, and the 2 I went on were different (I got to see Hoth, Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscaunt). I did get Vader both times, but I hear there is another opening shot with a probe droid and the Falcon.
Cool, I'll have to get over to Disneyland soon.

Reaction score
Loves it!!!! Please share your custom paint colours and techniques. Beautifully done.
Thanks! I really didn't do anything special, just layer after layer of acrylic Metallic Silver Sterling. And looking at his belly, I need to do a touch-up...

Reaction score
BTW when is Hasbro going to start cranking out the repaints of this figure? I think this is the best Threepio to date and want to see this sculpt used on repeat like the new VC45 Clone Trooper sculpt. Hasbro, can you make that happen? You can start with a new 4-LOM (even though we just received one a few years ago).

Reaction score
Alright, I have caved. While I prefer to have the vac-metal endor 3PO for my Jabba's palace setup I have decided I would like to have this one for the BMF. Problem is, I can't find it anywhere reasonably. Anyone have a spare of this guy?

Reaction score
Good luck. I was very lucky with mine, getting one in an eBay lot (with ESB Vader, Gamorrean, and MagnaGuard) for about $9 per figure, and found two more at Celebration for $15 each, talked down to $12 when a cash payment was made clear.

Reaction score
I'm just shocked how in demand this figure has become with how badly he pegwarmed in some areas. One Target near me had over ten of these on the pegs at one point of the ESB wave glut.

Reaction score
I do find it odd that C-3PO and ROTS Sidious are so expensive now, when I could have bought dozens of them at this time two years ago without putting in any effort at all.

Reaction score
Sad thing is, I actually had one in my possession from a lot I bought. I didn't have much need for it at the time so I sold it. Now that I have a BMF under the Christmas tree I decided it would be nice to have one to sit at the holo-table.

And now I am realizing they are a bit tough to get a hold of... =/

Reaction score
I started collecting late, after the first three or four waves came out!!! The only figures I have from the first wave are Luke and Boba!!! Kept seeing Luke from time to time on shopping trips and finally caved in and bought him, and it's been an addiction ever since!!! Never saw 3PO, but always wanted him, just can't justify spending the asking price he's going for these days!!! Oh well, maybe I'll luck out one day and find him at a comic shop or something for a "reasonable" price!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of surprising!

It's not even a good figure in my opinion!
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I tend to buy multiples of most figs for customs, but this was one I passed on 5-6 times before finally grabbing one.

Had I known what he'd be going for now, I could've stocked up and partially funded my kids' college educations! :sneaky:

Reaction score
I hate using this cliche, but It's definitely a figure that looks better in person. Granted, the paint job is a bit dull and the height on the figure is a bit short, but the articulation and play value with all the removable parts makes for a pretty neat figure. It's a good version of C-3PO to use/display inside the Falcon.

Reaction score
I guess I'm just partial to bright shiny protocol droids. (I'm still wishing/praying/begging/groveling for vac-metal DS droids.) I like the removable panels but would still prefer something that more closely resembles the blasted 3PO. It's also irksome to note that some characters--skiff Lando, 3PO, R2 and Nien--are shrinking.

Reaction score
Wow... I got 2 for 5 each.

It's my favourite 3PO. Yeah I wish the gold was shiner, and he was taller, but I still really like it.

I glued all the panels down on the one who had the most defects, it makes it much more of an enjoyable figure. :)