See-Threepio (C-3P0) - VC06

Reaction score
Re: C-3P0 - TVC##

Looks like a repaint of U-3PO and probably the best 3PO to date. From the slideshow, he doesn't look vac-metal either

Reaction score

I guess it's a tradeoff. either Vac-Metal of articulation. I'm not too keen on buying any more C-3PO's but I'm still interested to see it.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
Wait where are the images coming up?
Facebook. Yakface's page there. SA (but for swivel shoulders & hips, of course) C-3PO! Finally! Glad they're apparently using the BAD mold, or something very similar to it.

Reaction score

Hopefully the version they release looks like the slideshow figure. We've sen Threepio like this before, we just never get him like this.

Reaction score

wow, this Threepio looks awful!

The removable "skin" plates is totally unnecessary gimmick and the figure looks super bulky to accomodate it

Reaction score

I liked the slideshow pic... looked liked BAD 3PO mold just with a new hand maybe... but the display pic with the panels off, obviously it's not the BAD after all. Hopefully it'll look better assembled in person than it does on the card right now.

Reaction score

The loose version on display looks excellent. I think that's a better representation of the figure we're getting than the carded mockup is.

Reaction score

Don't really care for this one to much. I think I will just hold out until Hasbro decides to make a better one.

Reaction score

Weird. The slideshow image looks fantastic. The middle one isn't too bad. The carded one looks awful.

Reaction score

I don't mind it but C-3PO looks fat in the carded picture. I'll grab it anyway because I am collecting this entire line, however I will admit it could have been done better.

Reaction score

"My Threepio is too fat!"
"My Threepio is too skinny!"
"MY Threepio is just right..."

Reaction score

Hrm... I don't mind the removable panels so much, I'm just not digging the non-chrome look. Makes it look like a bootleg or something. Although I will say it's still 100 times better than the original VOTC 3PO. That thing is a turd and a half.

Reaction score

Dont mind non chromed as he was NOT chrome in the movie, so that makes sense. Carded one looks awful, loose pic looks ok.....still hate the lack of detail on the protcol droid arms, but that's the price you pay for SA arms, I guess.

Reaction score

Posted this in the TF thread earlier:

I think 3PO will end up being vac-metaled when we finally get the figure in August. There is still 6 months before these come out so I'd imagine a lot of things might look a little different for the final releases.

Anybody remember the Resurgence BP pics at CC last year? 3PO had the same dull matte finish, too. I think it's because they don't (or maybe can't) do the vac-metal process on the prototypes.

Reaction score

Its hard to make C-3PO exciting, and I'm actually tired of the character, so I hope this is the last figure of him in the basic line. The only C-3PO that would wow me is if Hasbro made him in the Droids cartoon colors.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Its hard to make C-3PO exciting, and I'm actually tired of the character, so I hope this is the last figure of him in the basic line.
I kind of agree with this. But if they actually made a vac-metal, fully articulated (like the BADs) with removable limbs 3PO, I'd be somewhat excited that we finally got the definitive 3PO.

Reaction score
Re: See-Threepio

A repaint of U-3PO and possibly retooled legs so they can come apart at the knees also would have been better.

Once there are photos of the final version I'll decide if I want to pick Threepio up.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Hrm... I don't mind the removable panels so much, I'm just not digging the non-chrome look. Makes it look like a bootleg or something. Although I will say it's still 100 times better than the original VOTC 3PO. That thing is a turd and a half.
I hear that. I like that they made the attempt at a more articulated 3P0 and will probably pick one up, but then, I'll probably pick up whatever they put on a vintage card.

Reaction score

Now see... this is the kind of stuff I love; figures that do thing that weren't shown on screen. Threepio's removable panels let me make up my own stories when I play, and not be a slave to what was only on the film. Yay Hasbro!

Reaction score

doc46 said:
A repaint of U-3PO and possibly retooled legs so they can come apart at the knees also would have been better.

Once there are photos of the final version I'll decide if I want to pick Threepio up.
Agreed. I can't believe they aren't doing that.

Reaction score

The card C-3PO looks so different--it can't be the same as the loose one on display, unless it some optical illusion.

Reaction score

Somehow I get the feeling the slideshow picture is a BAD Protocol Droid repainted, while the display versions are what we will likely get.

Reaction score

Poor C-3PO...can't seem to get the attention to details and the same great sculpts as all of the rest when he's on a vintage card. Damn you, Hasbro!

Reaction score

Looks good carded. While 3PO does seem to look a little bloated, hopefully it pans out by the time August hits. The slideshow image does look the best by far. Hopefully it translates.

Reaction score

I'm pretty happy with the Endor Throne C-3PO, but I'll wait until seeing more of this one before deciding if I should pick it up. C-3PO isn't exactly a character I feel compelled to have numerous versions of.