Scout Trooper (Gaming Greats)

Reaction score
Interesting look for a Scout and didn't expect it due to them being so unnoticeable in the game as they were everywhere, so they just blended into the background. Cool looking aside I'm about warn out on the gaming greats and quietly thinking "what's next" in terms of easy reuse?

Personally there are several figures I'd like to get that aren't repaints of existing sculpts. However, if these repaint releases "help" those new figures get made then I'm fine with them. I just hope we see the new ones soon.

Reaction score
Yah I dunno bout this one. I’ve always loved the scout trooper, my fav OT trooper, but nothing about this is particularly enticing other than the weapon. Hopefully they don’t all have warped brims on the helmets like the trillion originals/archives I saw like that.

Reaction score
Was after a couple more Scout Troopers (was expecting a Mandalorian release) so this is good timing! Will pick one up for sure

Reaction score
As someone new to the BS I was lucky to find one archive Scout at Gamestop. I figured I'd just wait for the inevitable Mandalorian Scout Troopers but this is a nice surprise. Of course they will be $25 but I think I had to pay that for my regular archive Scout at Gamestop too. Also as someone who prefers hand-to-hand combat as opposed to guns I appreciate the stun baton.

Reaction score
WIll definitely get at least a couple of this. ❤ the Scout Trooper design! (The prequel one looks weird) And this little variation looks good. I have no idea what it is he is wearing - have not played the game.

Reaction score
I have no idea what it is he is wearing - have not played the game.

these guys are equipped with "electro riot batons" that they use to block and parry the attacks of jedi; he's wearing a power pack for the electrostaff

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is with those elbow joint gaps!
I have the Archive version and they painted the inside of the elbow joints black, so it does not show as much...

Reaction score
I'll definitely grab one of these, especially since I have the other Jedi: Fallen Order figures. I'm more excited about the rumored Mandalorian version of the Scout Trooper with the white speeder bike, though.

Reaction score
I'm another person who only picked up one archive Scout trooper. When I thought "I should get a second to go with him," they had already become harder to find and marked up online. Will be glad to get one or two more, especially since I loved tuning them up in the game.

Reaction score
I really hope we get a white speeder bike too, those things look beautiful. But why stop there, maybe throw in a bagged Baby Yoda like the Hot Toys version.

Because it's Hasbro so they'll just repaint the bike, and then eventually release an exclusive Biker Scout with pouched Baby Yoda as a deluxe exclusive.

Reaction score
I love me some scout troopers. But if he doesn't come with a scout pistol or a sniper rifle, then I kinda fail to see the point of this guy.

Reaction score
I love me some scout troopers. But if he doesn't come with a scout pistol or a sniper rifle, then I kinda fail to see the point of this guy.
I’d imagine he’s coming with a pistol because I can’t see them going to the length of refashioning the leg mold—and it’d be stupid to leave his little holster empty. However, in JFO these scouts exclusively wield melee weapons.

But if you’ve bought any troopers over the course of the line, chances are you have a spare pulse rifle you could put in his hands.

Reaction score
You can see in one of the loose tray images in the OP he comes with an EC-17 blaster/pistol.
Ah, okay. I honestly didn't even see the spoiler tag. LOL. And in the packaged shots, it's covered by the recycle logo. So I just assumed it must have been part of the wand thing.

Reaction score
Here is a video review of the figure. I love Scout Troopers, but Hasbro cheaped out on the paint application for this one. That wire along the arm looks like it will limit posability and might easily break, too.

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like a wire you need to be careful with, when handling. Other than that it looks good, but I am biased in that I really really dig the scout trooper design :)

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like a wire you need to be careful with, when handling. Other than that it looks good, but I am biased in that I really really dig the scout trooper design :)
I'll undoubtedly get this one, because I do like Scout Troopers that much, but it is a shame Hasbro didn't put more thought and care into this figure. It wouldn't have taken a lot to do it right.

Reaction score
I'll undoubtedly get this one, because I do like Scout Troopers that much, but it is a shame Hasbro didn't put more thought and care into this figure. It wouldn't have taken a lot to do it right.
They, like most troopers, could do with new butterfly shoulders, for sure. And the new no-pins approach as well.

Reaction score
I bet we'll get this, but not until the Mandalorian version of the Scout Trooper drops.
Well, they haven't milked the current sculpt nearly enough yet. Perhaps we will get a Rudolf the red nosed reindeer version and Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen too (seeing as they have now put a harness on him and he drives a speeder bike), or a Halloween Zombie edition. Maybe an Easter bunny.

But it would be nice, along with a white speeder bike :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you speaking in general to the Scout trooper itself or this particular version? Because as we all know Gaming Greats are a simple reuse of existing figures so I don't expect anything outside normal parameters.

Reaction score
Are you speaking in general to the Scout trooper itself or this particular version? Because as we all know Gaming Greats are a simple reuse of existing figures so I don't expect anything outside normal parameters.
I was talking about this version in particular. I wasn't expecting a new mold and better joints, etc. from a Gaming Greats figure, but watch the video review above. Hasbro didn't paint a bunch of the details which were painted on the original and archive Scout Trooper.

Also, that wire on the arm looks like a hindrance to posability and fragile. The video reviewer suggests they could have painted a red line along the arm to represent the wire and that might have ended up looking more accurate anyway.