Scott McDonald (samseventy on ebay)

Reaction score
Does anyone here know a Scott McDonald from Canada? He is a Star Wars collector from Surrey, British Columbia, Canada and goes by the name of samseventy on ebay. He sold me 3 Star Wars toys in November 2009 for over $2000. After waiting for 5 months, he changed his mind and said he would refund me my money. It has been another month and still no refund. He does not answer my many e-mails I send lately.

If anyone here knows him, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact him and give him a gentle nudge to refund my money. I have been waiting for over 6 months.

Reaction score
your basically screwed mate.
after 45 days you cant open a paypal dispute
my advise would be to contact the police if you live in canada and see what you can do, if you dont live in canada i dont think theres much that can be done.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate
dave

Reaction score
He's a member here. Try contacting him through his user name,DarthScott. And this isn't the first time his name popped up by someone waiting for items. I have dealt with him as a seller last year and payment is fast, but on a trade on an item it took awhile. Hope you can get it strighten out.

Ty

Reaction score
That is totally ridiculous and unacceptable. I really hope he'll smarten up and send you your refund back. Never dealt with the guy myself, but I'm sick of seeing people get ran over like this. Good luck and fingers crossed for ya!

Reaction score
I have heard and experienced both good things and bad things with Scott. I must say though that he is absoltely horrible with communicating. Can't say I am the greatest with communication with real life getting in the way quite a bit lately but I have experienced and read on these boards time and again about him not responding to problems. As a positive, I have completed transactions with him in the past as both a buyer and as a seller (but he also did go back on an eBay deal with my wife which did not reach his desired price range). He does have some awesome pieces in his collection that I would love to have! I wish you the best of luck.

Reaction score
Sorry to say that, but you´re not the first member here to have problems with him, altough some members claim to have smooth deals with him. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

link

link

link

Reaction score
The one and only time I had a problem selling on ebay was with Scott. He literally begged me to not ship Global Express or insured, so I tried it (based on his feedback). 2 weeks later and I got a dispute filed against me, even though he said in his email that he would assume the liability if the package was lost or damaged. While I of course cannot prove fraud on his part, he bought a nice Leia 12-back from me then asked to save a few $$ on shipping - this should have raised flags but sadly it didn't - then the dispute followed pretty quickly after shipping an international package. After I posted the thread in the below link I received a few hate mails from Scott, mostly how I'm not a man of my word, I should be ashamed of how I conduct myself, etc. I would advise anyone to stay clear.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=2163275

Reaction score
I don't know Scott personally, but I live in the same province, so I've taken note when I've seen past threads regarding him. Doesn't he have a collectibles store or something?

Leif

Reaction score
Corey said:
2 weeks later and I got a dispute filed against me, even though he said in his email that he would assume the liability if the package was lost or damaged.
After only two weeks he filed?

With an international package from US to Canada??

Which he gave his word he'd take full responsibility for if it was lost or damaged, after begging to have it not sent Global Express or insured???

No doubt about it in my mind, just based on that alone; he's a POS scammer.

And add to that the other stories in this thread & the others linked in it & you remove any possibility of him being not a serious serial scammer.

eg:

BobbaD said:
i tried to phone him about 1 hour ago but apparently he couldn't hear me and hung up tried phoning again and he didn't answer
At this point, with all question marks removed beyond any shadow of a doubt, i think he should be IP range banned from RS as a very serious serial scammer.

- Allan

Reaction score
He is somewhere on these boards, I think we need to start a list of scammers on eBay and keep it high on this section.

This guy has been scamming for years, I bought 10 ROTJ MOCs a few years ago, including Leia, Dengar and some other orginals. All listed as perfect condition with minor edge wear. The total was nearly 2000, when the package arrived it didn't even have all sides of the box in tact, he took a box that was missing a top flap and just put layers of tape over it.

In addition the figures were all severally damaged, not even 1 C8 out of the whole group.

One of the worst ever, the worst of course being BlueSnag Man from Chicago - that dude is a jack....

HWR

Reaction score
Fratboy24 said:
the worst of course being BlueSnag Man from Chicago - that dude is a jack....
That's strange. Last year, I bought a loose A-Wing from him on eBay, smooth and easy transaction. Is he another good guy who have turned bad?

Reaction score
Fratboy24 said:
One of the worst ever, the worst of course being BlueSnag Man from Chicago - that dude is a jack....
Todd's a stand up guy, you really need to back that statement up if you are going to drag his name throught the mud (in another thread)

as to the post I've never had any problems with Scott, fast delivery on ebay and on RS, but I can see there are some real issues here.

Reaction score
spoons said:
Fratboy24 said:
Todd's a stand up guy, you really need to back that statement up if you are going to drag his name throught the mud (in another thread)
Agreed. I've had nothing but good transactions with him; though only a few. I even bought something from him that was really too good of a deal once; I think he realized it after the fact, but still followed through with the deal. So you should really create another thread and fill everyone in before just slamming the guy.

Leif

Reaction score
Statement back up.

Two years ago I bought a graded ROTJ Red Force Lightsaber from him on eBay. Everything went fine up until I received the item.

The case was smashed on one side, the item itself was okay but obviously I wasn't going to accept a broken item. He kept fronting, telling me it wasn't his and that he sold for someone who wasn't able to get the insurance money back for UPS and thus he couldn't refund me.

The only thing he offered was a return, the item was a no reserve auction that I got a great deal on, not to mention the number of these in MISB high grade condition are next to extinct. Thus I wasn't going to let it go back, given I had spent years trying to find one.

He basically told me to F off and that I could leave negative feedback but it would never impact his score because of how big he is on eBay. I'm sure people have great dealings with him, but that instance was the worst eBay momemt in the 10 years I've been buying vintage online.

Just my opinion.

Reaction score
So he wouldn't do a partial refund but would refund total purchase if you returned it?
Sounds fair to me. I am not a big fan of partial refunds myself so I don't blame him for not wanting to go there either.

Reaction score
I received a response from Scott telling me that payment has been sent. It should be arriving this week. I'll be keeping an eye on the mailbox. Thanks to everyone for the help and messages.