Sci-Fi Titaniums

Reaction score
Decided to re-watch Prometheus today. :) The paint scheme is indeed like that. With the shadows and lighting in the movie it's hard to notice at first. Although I think the grey needs to be a bit darker IMO.

Reaction score
The Alien Prometheus and Covenant ships are very nice models of very boring looking ships, IMO. They have a lot of detail and paint. Conceptually, they fit the premise of near future/real world workhorse type vessels, but they are just lack the flair of the Nostromo (giant ox-like tug) or the Sulaco (flying rifle). And no, they don't match the price being charged. They should be about $60 tops. That said, I'm going to buy them anyway because I have a complete lack of self control. 🤪

Last edited:
Reaction score
That said, I'm going to buy them anyway because I have a complete lack of self control. 🤪
Lol, you have not reached the support group for a speedy recovery.
All of our lines are busy... :)

I'd buy all of the EM BSG and Alien ships in a heartbeat, if they were half the size and price.
That said, I ordered a Landram anyway because I have a complete lack of self-control. ;)

Reaction score
The Landram is nice, but I don't use the stand. It looks silly floating, and I'm worried it will fall and break the gun.

I've been slowly organizing for a collection purge since December. I'm my head I picture a highly curated museum, but in reality, my collection is more of a hoard. At this point, my EM/Titanium/Hot Wheels ships will take a whole wall in my office. I've got all but the lastest acquisitions boxed away until I figure out the best way to display them.

How do you all display your ships?

Reaction score
I'm in the same box as you, DR: most of my stuff's not on display at the mo', while we do (unending) renos.
Usually, it's all on shelves, en masse, like your hoard. :) Love to see a pic of your collection, btw.

A few oddities: found a $5 ringer for a Space 1999 moon buggy (about 1/50 scale) at the flea market y'day, never knew this existed! A few decals and some surgery (winch removal!) and I think it'll look pretty good. It's kinda cool that it's based on the old Hasbro tool that was used for the Space 1999 and GI Joe buggies.

View media item 398576
Here's another odd one, an APC in a superdeformed Alien figures line. Loot Crate (boo! hiss!) also released some of 'em.

View media item 398559
View media item 398558
View media item 398557
View media item 398555
And check out this table, noice, innit. :)

View media item 398560

Reaction score
Ah the APC is one of the vinyl Titans things. I’ve got their cylon raider and U.S.S. Discovery. And a random Deanna Troi figure. Cute in a stylised deformed way

Reaction score
I'm in the same box as you, DR: most of my stuff's not on display at the mo', while we do (unending) renos.
Usually, it's all on shelves, en masse, like your hoard. :) Love to see a pic of your collection, btw.
Right now, I'm boxing stuff up. I work from home, and have been working off my kitchen counter for years. I bought a portable building last December that I'm slowly finishing out. Plan is to make it my office/toy room. Now that the weather seems to be getting cooler and my busy season has finished up, I'm hoping to try to get it usable by the end of the year. I'm trying to lay out how I want things and what I want to display. Desk on back wall, long wall lined with shelving, some Detolfs on short wall, and a small nook by the door for hobby stuff/photography. I've focused my collecting down to spaceships, robots and certain Kenner style retro figures from Super 7, etc. So i'm working on purging stuff that doesn't fit anymore, and then I want to curate what is left.

Reaction score
I was hoping the newer Mad Max Fury Road would have spurred enough interest in the franchise for a die-cast company to go back into the first 3 movies and make a plethora of vehicles from ALL of them, especially the wilder ones from Thunderdome. Greenlight DID make a few scales of Max's Interceptor from the first movie (and there was a 2-pack of Max's Interceptor and the Night Ryder antagonist vehicle in 1/32 scale from another company I believe). I also have a non-MadMax-licensed Johnny Lightning Main Force Patrol colored car which isn't based on a Ford Falcon, but instead a Chevy Malibu. Colors are very close if not exact, but no labeling stating it's actually MFP.

But, I was hoping for a much deeper dive into the on-screen vehicles... Maybe 8-10 from each older movie or so... The new movie prob has at least 20 good candidates for die-cast vehicles.

Reaction score
I have a couple of the Greenlight "Last of the V8 Interceptors". I'm debating getting this Scalextric version on Amazon that is weathered with the gas tanks in the back. I was hoping for a whole line of Fury Road vehicles, but I've always heard George Miller doesn't like to license out the movies.

Same with Blade Runner. I hoped they could get around the license issues with Blade Runner 2049 briefly showing the original spinner. But all we got was the new, boring version from Neca. I've got the Hallmark ornament and the one from the briefcase DVD edition. They are OK.

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is that the licensors split the licenses by new vs legacy media, so even if you buy a license for the new film of a property like Mad Max, it doesn't grant you access to the earlier movies, which are licensed separately, and vice versa. So, it becomes a riskier and more expensive proposition to buy multiple licenses at once, at least in my own experience with licensed collectibles. The other issue is number of units per run needed to recoup tooling costs. For high end collectibles that go for many hundreds of dollars you might be able to get your investment back on just a few hundred units, but if you're talking smaller stuff like die cast vehicles or plastic ships, you need to be selling multiple thousands just to break even, which is tougher and tougher these days.

Reaction score
I read that Warner Bros refused Eaglemoss’s bid for a magazine series based on Babylon 5 ships.

A real shame as I would’ve loved that.

Reaction score
I read that Warner Bros refused Eaglemoss’s bid for a magazine series based on Babylon 5 ships.

A real shame as I would’ve loved that.
Someone from Eaglemoss said they wouldn't be able to get the license for the various Stargate series because MGM wanted too much for it. Would have been great to have some proper Stargate ship replicas.

Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to Dune, Foundation, the Mando, and the Trek shows... and Raised By Wolves is quite good, too. It's a golden period for sci-fi, innit. :)

Someone posted this pic on the EM FB fanpage the other day, love it, dunno where to get one.

View media item 398693
I love mash-ups, here's another fave I'd buy in a nanosecond, if I could. :)

View media item 398696

Our Boris told me about this one (cheers!) , but I haven't seen it on pegs here yet, just finding the car 5-packs with the crap planes.
Anybody get one?

View media item 398695