Sci-Fi Titaniums

Reaction score
Glad that's being repacked, I've wanted to pick one up - maybe if they repacks these enough the scalpers will leave them alone. o-o I found several Enterprise repacks, so that's a good sign...
DS, if you strike out, I've got a spare from the earlier waves you can have for nothin', if you wanna cover the postage from Canada. I have a hunch it'd be cheaper from eBay for you, but lemme know if not. Good hunting.

Oh, and just to clarify: there's definitely a Super Treasure Hunt AND a regular mainline release of the "new" Delorean.

In other news, the Matchbox Dream Chaser shuttle is starting to hit US retail in NV and CA. Looks unreasonably superb to me. :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it belongs here, but i recently bought the Space 1999 Breakaway set from Sixteen 12. One of my fondest childhood memories is of me getting the Dinky Eagle Transporter and Eagle Freighter for Christmas. I broke one the day I got it and was gutted. This is quite a nostalgia trip for me.

It's actually really nice. About 12 inches long. I think I'm going to break focus and collect the set.

Reaction score
DS, if you strike out, I've got a spare from the earlier waves you can have for nothin', if you wanna cover the postage from Canada. I have a hunch it'd be cheaper from eBay for you, but lemme know if not. Good hunting.

Oh, and just to clarify: there's definitely a Super Treasure Hunt AND a regular mainline release of the "new" Delorean.

In other news, the Matchbox Dream Chaser shuttle is starting to hit US retail in NV and CA. Looks unreasonably superb to me. :)

Much appreciated, I'm hoping I'll have better luck this run, considering its been repacked a number of times. I did find a USS Vengeance this week, which gives me hope that I'll find the Delorean as well!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it belongs here, but i recently bought the Space 1999 Breakaway set from Sixteen 12. One of my fondest childhood memories is of me getting the Dinky Eagle Transporter and Eagle Freighter for Christmas. I broke one the day I got it and was gutted. This is quite a nostalgia trip for me.

It's actually really nice. About 12 inches long. I think I'm going to break focus and collect the set.
I bought a few of these beauties when they were called Product Enterprises. Still some of the best ship I own :)

Reaction score
I actually found that one here in Oz a month or so ago, surprised it's only now turning up at US retail! It's pretty nice for what it is :)

Reaction score
Damn, wish I could get the moon buggy and tank from the Space 1999 set. :)

In case anyone's mildly interested, here are the three "new" 1/64 HW BTTF Deloreans for the year (so far, anyway): the mainline, Super Treasure Hunt and forthcoming Entertainment "railroad" version.

Reaction score

What stores are carrying the Sky Busters line? The two closest Walmart stores don't seem to have them anymore and I don't believe my local Target ever carried them.

E...

Reaction score
What stores are carrying the Sky Busters line? The two closest Walmart stores don't seem to have them anymore and I don't believe my local Target ever carried them.

E...
i found this about a week or 2 ago at my local Dollar General.

Reaction score
Picked up the BTTF3-mobile a few days ago, chuffed to finally have all three! Also grabbed the Dr Strange Lambo, big fan of releases of cars like this seen in the films rather than the character car stuff.

Reaction score
Hello guys.. Does anyone know if any company ever made (or are planning to make) a model of the USS Orville from the TV show of the same name? I picked up season 1 which we just watched, and it seems to me there could be some interesting subject matter ship-wise here.

I DID see one seller on that auction site that was selling custom made 3d printed models that need finishing, but that seems to be about all I could come up with on a quick search.

Reaction score
Sorry mate, totally missed this. I'm not aware of any legal versions, just the usual 3D printing zones like Shapeways have it, AFAIK.

In other news, WOW!!! Hallmark are doing a Blade Runner Police Spinner this year, woohoo!!!

Reaction score
Sorry mate, totally missed this. I'm not aware of any legal versions, just the usual 3D printing zones like Shapeways have it, AFAIK.

In other news, WOW!!! Hallmark are doing a Blade Runner Police Spinner this year, woohoo!!!
Do you think it will be 1:64 scale?

Reaction score
Ornie dimensions are 2.43" W x 1.24" H x 4.14" D (I assume that's length), so that's pretty close to 1:64, maybe more toward 1:50.
Pretty close to the (Medicom) home video spinners but bigger than the wee ERTL or NECA (BR 2049) diecast versions, I'd wager.

Such a shame they didn't do lights (argh, the police lightbar!!!) but I'm still extremely stoked, it's such a fitting release for 2019. :)

A few more Hallmark vee-hicles for 2019:

Reaction score
That Spinner looks great, I'm guessing that image is CGI though? Did they release any details on pricing or availability? I googled, but didn't see anything... I'd love if it were to scale with the Medicom DVD / BR models - I have both and enjoy them. I was disappointed that the Cinemachines 2049 versions were both too small and too large to be in scale with them. Even if its slightly larger, like the Syd Mead Aerodyne Police Car, done for Lootcrate, I'd still likely pick it up.

Reaction score
I think it's a render too but it's really hard to tell, innit.
Totally agree: would've loved to see the 2049 Spinner at the same scale as the DVD/BR versions, they're at the sweet spot for me, too. Wouldn't mind using a shrink-ray on the Lootcrate one, either. Feel the same way about the NECAs, Goldilocks is in effect.

It's only $20, here's the link. For some reason, it's not in the Sci-Fi section of the Dream Book. Erm, duh.
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/blade-runner-police-spinner-vehicle-ornament-1999QXI3679.html

Reaction score
Hmm...at $20, I think I'll bite - I rarely buy anything BR related, and the dimensions sound good. It does seem like a render, so I'll wait for the final image, and hopefully some comparison shots or a review. I wonder if these type of ornaments sell out quickly online or at stores? I know they are collectible, but I haven't bought any in many years...

Reaction score
It's not a Gold Crown exclusive or "limited edition" release so the Spinner should be pretty easy to buy at the shop or order online in October, I'd think. Dunno about the odds later in the year but this year there was remnants of most Trek ornies available on Boxing Day for half price. Some ornies (like last year's Serenity) were limited editions and sold out almost instantly, though, and I regret skipping it at the time. Had it in my hand... but hated the price. Then it was gone. :(

Reaction score
Damn, wish I could get the moon buggy and tank from the Space 1999 set. :)

In case anyone's mildly interested, here are the three "new" 1/64 HW BTTF Deloreans for the year (so far, anyway): the mainline, Super Treasure Hunt and forthcoming Entertainment "railroad" version.

Spotted the basic version at retail - nice to have this after such an extended hunt, lol. If only they'd release the movie repacks in larger numbers. It seems like so many HW cars pegwarm, you'd think they would focus on more of the entertainment licenses.

Reaction score
Well.....

I can only say with a 50/50 (joking/serious) tone....

SCREW YOU EAGLEMOSS!!!!!

I was in my local comic shop (LCS) with no intention of buying anything EAGLEMOSS related, when I spotted a Viper Mark 2 from the Battlestar Galactica line. Worse, it was actually a price that was below what I have seen online and at other local options. So I bit the bullet, and......

SON OF A B....!!!! Why did it have to be so much better than I thought? I swore I wouldn't get sucked in by Eaglemoss for another line, but it is probably the best version of the Mark 2 I have ever seen in person.

The size, design, build, weight, etc. Etc. Etc. all make for an astounding model.

The only thing I could nitpick is no moving parts (opening cockpit, landing gear) or lights. However that would take it into either toy, or higher end model territory. Even the magazine was a good read.

So I guess I'm going to be diving head first into another line. Thanks a lot Eaglemoss!!!!

Reaction score
So I guess I'm going to be diving head first into another line. Thanks a lot Eaglemoss!!!!
Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Mu-hu-hu-ah-ha-ha! - Ben Robinson
Hehe, I'm having serious trouble staying in my lane, too. EM greased the road and cut the brake cables. o-o

In (rare, non-EM) other news, a mate of mine spotted the new HW 1/50 Batman: The Animated Series Batwing at a NYC-area Barnes & Noble and nobly grabbed one for me, so very cool of him.

Just got it: it's a totally new tooling, much larger and nicer than the old Kenner diecast, absolutely in HW/Titanium starship scale, almost solid zamac, has a stand with a (slightly) poseable ball joint (though these can become irksome if the plastic dries out and the ball snaps off, if you try to remove it), matte black paint, $8.95 at B&N. Very little detailing whatsoever on its ventral surface but the rest is superb, highly recommend grabbing one. :)

Reaction score
Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Mu-hu-hu-ah-ha-ha! - Ben Robinson
Hehe, I'm having serious trouble staying in my lane, too. EM greased the road and cut the brake cables. o-o

In (rare, non-EM) other news, a mate of mine spotted the new HW 1/50 Batman: The Animated Series Batwing at a NYC-area Barnes & Noble and nobly grabbed one for me, so very cool of him.

Just got it: it's a totally new tooling, much larger and nicer than the old Kenner diecast, absolutely in HW/Titanium starship scale, almost solid zamac, has a stand with a (slightly) poseable ball joint (though these can become irksome if the plastic dries out and the ball snaps off, if you try to remove it), matte black paint, $8.95 at B&N. Very little detailing whatsoever on its ventral surface but the rest is superb, highly recommend grabbing one. :)

Nice!

I hope they re-release the Batwing up here in a new wave. I managed to snag the Animated Batmobile last year at TRU so this would be a nice addition.

Reaction score
Cheers Boris for sending along a heads up about the BSG Starship Battles game, these minis look promising! :)

Has anyone picked up the game or a mini Viper and Raider? They look to be pretty close to Titanium scale, maybe a smidge smaller? I'd love to see a side-by-side shot.
The Heavy Raiders (yay!!!) look to be about Hallmark/EM (reg) sized, and are expected to hit retail in August, along with the (various!!! Titanium-sized?) Raptors.

Reaction score
I don't know much about modern BSG but remembering it from when I was a kid has had me interested in adding a Viper to my collection for a while now.

Looks like Amazon has the first wave of 'Battleship Galactica' in stock now so maybe I'll snag for one myself this week. :hmm:

Thanks, DD!

Reaction score
Surely up against that X-wing they'd be a fair bit smaller than Titanium? They look amazing though, superb detail! How much do they retail for?

Raptor's look fantastic, bit confuzzled as to why some have huge guns on the wingtips but no rocket pods.

Reaction score
They're priced at $16 at shops here so I'm game for sure, Ben. And I highly recommend the 'new' show. :)

Rev, I just measured the Titanium Viper Mk II and it's about 7.5 cm long: looks like these are pretty close, yay! Yeah mate, I was hoping to see missile-podded Raptors, too... but I'm happy to get these. They look like some of the variants on Drolet's website, anyway.

Reaction score
The vipers are beautiful, although they’re about a cm shorter than titanium I’d say.
In the starter pack you get Apollo and Hardball call signs, and two identical raiders.
The lastest expansions released include Starbucks and the generic viper is apparently another Hardball, so I won’t pick that up.

Reaction score
The armed Raptors look interesting. I don't see the Blood and Chrome variant.

Definitely interested in the Cylon Raider for sure. It's one wished in Titanium but never materialized.

Thanks for posting. B)

Reaction score
Thats some great detailing - cant say I'll be tracking them down, but I might have to grab a Cylon Heavy Raider, since the Titanium line skipped it. If the Heavys are $16 as well, I will probably snag one. Since its a combat game, I'm doubting we'll see civilian ships and other interesting designs from the series. Curious to see if they'll ever do capital ships though.

Reaction score
The vipers are beautiful, although they're about a cm shorter than titanium I'd say.
In the starter pack you get Apollo and Hardball call signs, and two identical raiders.
The lastest expansions released include Starbucks and the generic viper is apparently another Hardball, so I won't pick that up.

Wowzers Squidge, many thanks for the pics and info! That's it, I'm sold, those minis will do quite nicely. :)
Is it safe to assume the Raider is about a cm shorter than the Titanium versions, too?

Also wanna take the time to give props to all youze guys who share stuff and field questions, in our little international gang here.
Much there is to learn and it really keeps collecting fun. Most appreciated it is. B)

Thats some great detailing - cant say I'll be tracking them down, but I might have to grab a Cylon Heavy Raider, since the Titanium line skipped it. If the Heavys are $16 as well, I will probably snag one. Since its a combat game, I'm doubting we'll see civilian ships and other interesting designs from the series. Curious to see if they'll ever do capital ships though.
Shame, I'd love capital ships too but yeah, this game seems to echo X-Wing , not Armada, dunnit.
I might be satisfied if they do more shuttles and blackbirds, along with more fighters, if they're staying snack-size snub scaled.

The first 2 fighters are $16 CAD so hopefully they'll be ~25% cheaper in greenbacks, DS. Heavies are listed at a bigly-er, heavier $25 (USD) MSRP.

Reaction score
Capital ships are coming, but they’re going to be rather big and probably expensive!

I really like like how interactive they are on Facebook, they like sharing what they’re working on. Bunch of screenshots of things that have me very excited!

And DD, from memory I think the raider might be a bit more than a cm shorter, but I don’t have a titanium Raider to hand at the minute to check

Reaction score
Loving our spaceship intelligence network :D

I have a game shop nearby that carries X-Wing so I shall be pestering them about stocking these

Reaction score
My Ares Colonial Viper showed up last night (Amazon sure is serious about this 1 day shipping thing) and from what I can tell through the packaging so far the Ares BSG ships would seem to be in line with the FFG SW minis quality wise as well as price. Maybe not quite as nice of some of the very best FFG Xwing paint jobs but they certainly compare favorably to my eyes. B)

Thanks again to the 'Ship Network for scouting them out! ;)

Reaction score
Hehe, Section 66 of the 'Ship Network strikes again. I'm now demonically compelled to buy some of these ships very, very soon. :twisted:

Criminy, just look at all that upcoming stuff, cheers again, Squidge! Those jumbo proto capital ships look superb, wowzers.

Reaction score
Hi peeps!

Picked up up the Hot Wheels: Aquaman movie Mera’s Ship diecast yesterday (from the Entertainment line).

I quite like the design, even if it does look vaguely ‘Fishing Lure’!

:p would like to find Black Mantas sub now...

Reaction score
The guys at the Orville recently tweeted this pic of a bowl of starship minis that they keep at the office.
Everything else that's visible looks familiar but anybody know what this shuttle is from? Looks familiar but nobody's been able to nail it. :)