Sci-Fi Titaniums

Reaction score
The Quinjet was £12.99 with £2.99 postage here in the UK DW. Not sure what the international situation would be
That's a bit more expensive than what i expected, isn't it part of a magazine subscription and the Quinjet is the first one? I was under the impression that typically collections like that have the first issue at a reduced price to try to get people interested.

Reaction score
That's a bit more expensive than what i expected, isn't it part of a magazine subscription and the Quinjet is the first one? I was under the impression that typically collections like that have the first issue at a reduced price to try to get people interested.
Generally Dark Side, you'd be correct. But nothing about this roll out is normal. Putting up the first 5 issues for sale so soon is odd for a start, so maybe that's why there was no discount

Reaction score
Whew, pretty slow in the new starship department lately, huh? *crickets*

Anyhoo, spotted another Wipeout ship at EB Games today for $13.35 CAD and came this close to grabbing one; it's Titanium/HW size (ideal for me) but I was hoping to find that other ship that Boris posted earlier. What do you guys make of it?

Reaction score
Interesting to see a second wipeout ship! :) I saw the blue one the first time around, and almost picked it up as well - but decided against it, as tempting as it was!

They are nicely done, I must admit!

Reaction score
Saw this pic courtesy of the Toy Ark website. Does anyone know about Hollywood Collectables ?

Reaction score
Not much, Boris. I think they're too high-end for this fella so I try not to look too closely. ;)
Gotta wonder why so many folks are doing the same Alien ships/vehicles at the same time, though. And I hope we see more Cinemachines!

I see that Matchbox are releasing a couple of fun NASA items in their 2018 mainline (Dream Chaser shuttle, Mars rover) so keep an eye out, if you like super-cheap ships half as much as I do. :)

Reaction score
Nice!...the ex-NASA employee in me says "want". I also a have notable listing of HW space vehicles in my collection including the Mars Rover, Galileo spacecraft, Apollo LEM/CSM, John Glenn's Mercury ship and Space Shuttle (STS-95 he flew in YEARS later). The matchbox one also reminds me of the lifting bodies they use to test out in the desert (and the one we saw in Six Million Dollar Man) prior to the intro of the shuttle.

Reaction score
I've picked up 3 more Tomy SW vehicles. They're cute little fellas and I can't resist em. Not going all in though, as the wheels are too visible on some

I've concentrated on the A-Wing as my HW has stayed in it's packaging so it's less ideal to photograph. The Tomy one is the same scale as HW and F-Toys (pictured here) and I'm rather pleased I snagged it for only 7 Earth pounds :)

Reaction score
I absolutely love that A Wing boris! Mine came last week along with a First Order AT-ST. Really happy and impressed with both of them. Hopefully they'll do more newer ships that haven't really been done before

Reaction score
I shall be going for the Landspeeder, Darth's TIE and the TIE Silencer next I think :D

Reaction score
The A-Wing looks good, does it have wheels on the underside as well? I've seen the X-Wings with those overt wheels, which look odd, but I didn't notice anything from these images, and haven't seen pictures of the bottom.

Reaction score
The wheels are in the little stand it comes with. Very similar to the arrangement for the TIEs so alot less obtrusive than some. The wheels are the reasons I've avoided the MF's and ISD

Reaction score
I saw this video on Starlink ships and it got me thinking. We've already seen AR figures in the shape of Disney Infinity and others and now this. I wonder if that's the future of ship miniatures ? Where adding pilots and weapons changes access to a game. It bridges the gap between models and electronics and it can't be long before bigger licences go down this route. What do you think ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAUXsvquWA

Reaction score
Here's a very old toy ship from Japan I saw on eBay, kinda neat, very rare: the Orion Spaceplane from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Hope someone will cover the ships from that film over the next 50 years!

Reaction score
Probably not most people's thing, but it looks like Disney Toybox are now planning vehicles. I know it was floated as an idea for Disney Infinity but it's finally being realised. Rodders, another MF for you :)

Reaction score
Here's a very old toy ship from Japan I saw on eBay, kinda neat, very rare: the Orion Spaceplane from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Hope someone will cover the ships from that film over the next 50 years!

I hope so as well. There are some items I wish someone would do a die-cast version in a somewhat decent scale and moderate price point.

Space Clipper from 2001
EVA Pod from 2001
Discovery from 2001
Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy
Endurance from Interstellar

Reaction score
I hope so as well. There are some items I wish someone would do a die-cast version in a somewhat decent scale and moderate price point.

Space Clipper from 2001
EVA Pod from 2001
Discovery from 2001
Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy
Endurance from Interstellar
Add the Icarus from Planet of the Apes to this excellent list

Reaction score
What, no Leonov? I guess no 2010 likers to keep the Discovery company. :D That's OK....anyway, the Leonov has a resemblance to the B5 Omega Class destroyer which IIRC we never got in Micromachines format.

Reaction score
EM has put a survey for Alien and Predator ships up on its FB page. It wants collectors to express a preference for the next ship and it contained a list of possible releases :

- Predator Scout Ship
-UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship
- USM Auriga
- APC
- Predator Mother Ship
- Betty
- Narcissus
- USCSS Patna
- Derelict
- USCSS Covenant
- USCSS Torrens
- Buggy from Prometheus
- USCSS Prometheus

Interesting :)

Reaction score
I voted for everything that hadn't been done before by anyone (plus the Betty) but yeah guys, Prometheus is tops on my list, too. I just hope it's not ginormous.

Reaction score
Figured this might be the appropriate thread and not sure if they've been brought up before. Wandering around shopping today and came across Hot Wheels Batman cars, all going cheap for 2.99. Pretty good. Got the original, the Burton, the 90s animated (the only one there) and the tumbler. They had others like the bat-copter, the duck, the BvS, and Justice league versions, and The Bat from the Bane movie. The rear of the packaging also showed they make the old bat-bike and some kind of 60's bat boat, and the Batman Returns car. No indication they made the Burton Batwing, I would have bought that if it was there. A camo version of the tumbler would be nice if they did it too.

So for anyone interested and happens around those little dollar stores you might get lucky and find these.

Reaction score
I picked up a few of these at at my local B and M Oddball, they're a nice line and cracking packaging

Reaction score
Figured this might be the appropriate thread and not sure if they've been brought up before. Wandering around shopping today and came across Hot Wheels Batman cars, all going cheap for 2.99. Pretty good. Got the original, the Burton, the 90s animated (the only one there) and the tumbler. They had others like the bat-copter, the duck, the BvS, and Justice league versions, and The Bat from the Bane movie. The rear of the packaging also showed they make the old bat-bike and some kind of 60's bat boat, and the Batman Returns car. No indication they made the Burton Batwing, I would have bought that if it was there. A camo version of the tumbler would be nice if they did it too.

So for anyone interested and happens around those little dollar stores you might get lucky and find these.
Got the Bat and the Tumbler myself from B&M a few weeks ago. Unfortunately not seen the Original/Burton/90s Bat-mobiles there yet, the shops near me only have the Justice League ones left (which is seems no one really wants).

Really hope they manage to get some of the hotwheels Retro-Entertainment stuff (they have the same sort of size and packaging) at some point, there are quite a few really awesome things in that set. Even more that i thought, actually - Cylon Raider, several Halo vehicles, Ecto-1, the BTTF Delorean, Bond's Aston Martin, the Enterprise NCC-1701, The Milano...seems they're all quite expensive to get in the UK, unfortunately.

Reaction score
I was searching the web tonight and stumbled across some pieces I'd not seen before. Made me wonder what else is out there I don't know about

A limited edition No Man's Sky tin plated ship that comes with a special edition of the game. Bit pricey but nice, even if does look like a colonial viper

Something from the Hotwheels Space Series of 1995. All car based, but there were 4 in this line and might be of interst to auto enthusiasts on here

I've never seen these before. In 1976, Road Stars produced 3 diecast vehicles from Space 1999. These would be gems to track down

All in all, an interesting set of results. I look forward to other discoveries :)

Reaction score
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday - my Cheyenne Dropship arrived unexpectedly from EM

and lo and behold, today the waitlist has gone up for the Narcissus on the UK site

Reaction score

I've never seen these before. In 1976, Road Stars produced 3 diecast vehicles from Space 1999. These would be gems to track down
I've got the Eagle, it's pretty terrible, really. Tiny little metal wheels where the pads should be, no detail on the plastic spaceframe parts of the ship, really quite rudimentary. But they go for silly money these days, especially the other two, based purely on rarity, not quality. I'd still buy the other two, if I found them cheap, though. :whistling:

I repainted/modded a Matchbox moon buggy, one of these. It sure ain't perfect but it's not too bad in yellow.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=259249

Still wish that I had the accurate buggy from that big Product Enterprise Eagle set, along with the tank.
Please feel free to send those along, Boris. ;) :)

Had a pleasant surprise yesterday - my Cheyenne Dropship arrived unexpectedly from EM

and lo and behold, today the waitlist has gone up for the Narcissus on the UK site

Very nice score! A friend is sending me a Sulaco, my first foray into the EM Alien stuff, can't wait!

No indication they made the Burton Batwing, I would have bought that if it was there.
Yep, they made it, re-released it, too. Before they re-released it, it was going for crazy money on eBay. It's cool but definitely not worth $100+!

Really hope they manage to get some of the hotwheels Retro-Entertainment stuff (they have the same sort of size and packaging) at some point, there are quite a few really awesome things in that set. Even more that i thought, actually - Cylon Raider, several Halo vehicles, Ecto-1, the BTTF Delorean, Bond's Aston Martin, the Enterprise NCC-1701, The Milano...seems they're all quite expensive to get in the UK, unfortunately.
Sorry that's the case, DSOW. It's tough here too: the scalpers are relentless so they get sniped from pegs very quickly. Cheap ain't helpful if you can't find any left. Grrrr.

Btw, Mattel just announced the 2019 (Retro) Entertainment waves:

February 2019 - Batman Entertainment Assortment 956L
- Black Manta Submarine
- Justice League Batmobile
- The Bat
- Tim Burton Batmobile
- Mera Ship
- Bat Wing

May 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956M
- Acura NSX GT3
- BTTF Time Machine Railroad
- Audi R8
- The Mystery Machine
- Gas Monkey Garage Corvette.

August 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956N
- Deadpool Chimichanga
- A-Team Van
- Bone Shaker
- Pizza Planet Truck
- BMW M1 Procar

December 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956P
- BTTF 1
- Mad Max
- Ghost Rider Charger
- Aston Martin DB10
- Beatles Yellow Submarine

The subs from Aquaman look cool, especially Black Manta's.
I'll definitely grab the HW Mad Max car, too. This one's fully licensed, unlike the Greenlight one, it seems.

Reaction score
I've got the Eagle, it's pretty terrible, really. Tiny little metal wheels where the pads should be, no detail on the plastic spaceframe parts of the ship, really quite rudimentary. But they go for silly money these days, especially the other two, based purely on rarity, not quality. I'd still buy the other two, if I found them cheap, though. :whistling:

I repainted/modded a Matchbox moon buggy, one of these. It sure ain't perfect but it's not too bad in yellow.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=259249

Still wish that I had the accurate buggy from that big Product Enterprise Eagle set, along with the tank.

Very nice score! A friend is sending me a Sulaco, my first foray into the EM Alien stuff, can't wait!

Yep, they made it, re-released it, too. Before they re-released it, it was going for crazy money on eBay. It's cool but definitely not worth $100+!

Sorry that's the case, DSOW. It's tough here too: the scalpers are relentless so they get sniped from pegs very quickly. Cheap ain't helpful if you can't find any left. Grrrr.

Btw, Mattel just announced the 2019 (Retro) Entertainment waves:

February 2019 - Batman Entertainment Assortment 956L
- Black Manta Submarine
- Justice League Batmobile
- The Bat
- Tim Burton Batmobile
- Mera Ship
- Bat Wing

May 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956M
- Acura NSX GT3
- BTTF Time Machine Railroad
- Audi R8
- The Mystery Machine
- Gas Monkey Garage Corvette.

August 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956N
- Deadpool Chimichanga
- A-Team Van
- Bone Shaker
- Pizza Planet Truck
- BMW M1 Procar

December 2019 - Entertainment Assortment 956P
- BTTF 1
- Mad Max
- Ghost Rider Charger
- Aston Martin DB10
- Beatles Yellow Submarine

The subs from Aquaman look cool, especially Black Manta's.
I'll definitely grab the HW Mad Max car, too. This one's fully licensed, unlike the Greenlight one, it seems.

Strange they are adding Aquaman vehicles to the Batman assortment. They should just change it to the DC collection.

Reaction score
I once had that pack in my hands and didnt pay the £40 they wanted. Have regretted that ever since DD

Thanks for all the new Mattel info :)

Reaction score

Cool! I didn't realize they released a dropship. I have the Sulaco and am very pleased with it. I went ahead and ordered the dropship. Glad to replace that god awful NECA dropship. I hate that thing. NECA has the worst quality control with their Cinemachines line.

Reaction score
Strange they are adding Aquaman vehicles to the Batman assortment. They should just change it to the DC collection.
I think they did, actually. :)
Has anybody found these yet?

In other news, the Tesla is getting re-released, this time with a Starman in the cockpit.

And the flying Delorean now has reddish detailing on it. Erm, wow. (cough)
IIRC, there's a Super Treasure Hunt version out now and possibly an almost identical version later in the mainline.

Reaction score
The EM Dropship looks a little too much a forest green instead of a military olive drab one would expect.

Not to nitpick but the color is wrong. Not the first time for EM. :wtf: