Scarif Stormtrooper - VC**

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface we'll be seeing a Scarif Stormtrooper released in the Vintage line.

Any Thoughts on this news?

Reaction score
Nice! I've wanted multiples of this figure since way back but have never seen him at brick and mortar stores OR online.

Reaction score
I found Cassian two or three times, but never ever saw a Scarif Trooper, so I'm all for it.

Reaction score
great news! Never saw him in stores and he goes for around thirty bucks on amazon

Reaction score
I guess I was lucky. I found a few of these and only bought three total. I ended up trading two and kind of regret it. It’s a sharp figure and right now I think it’s the best trooper figure Hasbro has yet released. Hopefully the new Mimban Trooper uses the same arms and will eventually become a clean stormy.

Reaction score
It would be really nice if they did the armor variants - maybe as an exclusive somewhere?

Reaction score
Now if they'd bring back the Praetorian Guard and Executioner that I never saw in stores...

Reaction score
Hoping they make him a Captain. It's just paint changes. If they re-release the same Walmart one, then I hope they find it in their heart to include the blaster rifle from the Squad Leader as well.

Reaction score
Just in case somebody from Hasbro actually reads this thread (I know, I know)....pack the scarif trooper 2x in its initial wave and then 2x in the wave after that and then 2x in the wave after that. If you do that you might just make enough to satisfy the demand out there for this figure.

Reaction score
Now if they'd bring back the Praetorian Guard and Executioner that I never saw in stores...
Walmart distribution was so weird. I saw a ton of the Last Jedi wave in local stores (well, they all sold through fast, but still...) and only ever saw the Rogue one figures one time. I had 8 Praetorians and 6 executioners and left tons on the pegs - even helped a few people here with some of them. But Scarif troopers were all obtained on ebay for me...

Reaction score
Great news! I actually had one of these in my hand, but when I tried to buy at the register, they wouldn't sell it to me because of the street date. A manager took them all away, and I never saw one again...except on ebay for ridiculous prices.

Reaction score
It would be really nice if they did the armor variants - maybe as an exclusive somewhere?
There’s enough demand that I hope they release them in the main line. I imagine they’d be hard to find as exclusives (well, maybe not the two AT-ACT variants).

Reaction score
This is a no brainer for a TVC release. I can’t wait to see the card back image.
Maybe in a couple years, yes. But not too soon! It's bad enough we're getting repacks of a figure only release 6 months ago.
It's not my fault Hasbro cannot seem to manage the line, and make sure product gets in the hands of customers. Or the fact Walmart cannot manage to evenly disperse to each of their stores.

For every "that's a no brainer for TVC release", there are 5-10 new figures that are needed.

Reaction score
Maybe in a couple years, yes. But not too soon! It's bad enough we're getting repacks of a figure only release 6 months ago.
It's not my fault Hasbro cannot seem to manage the line, and make sure product gets in the hands of customers. Or the fact Walmart cannot manage to evenly disperse to each of their stores.

For every "that's a no brainer for TVC release", there are 5-10 new figures that are needed.
true but he's still a troop builder that would allegedly allow Hasbro more money to make new figures for that particular wave.

Reaction score

Right be we don’t know the dynamics of this budget. We are being told the first few waves will be repacks! It seems like that is a financial decision. We just have to accept that. So if it’s a choice of an additional nice repack or nothing at all until new figures: then give me the repacks like this. No one is suggested this INSTEAD of Sim Aloo, it’s more like this UNTIL they do new figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This should actually be a cheaper repack in the fact that it only has a blaster. I mean, Rey has a ton of stuff, even if she's a main. This one should have been slated for 2018 anyway.

We never got the TFA TBS waves here in Germany, but for some reason we were able to get the two RO cases and the TLJ case. I ordered a case with 3x Scarif Trooper right away and was able to get 2 more afterwards, so I have 5, but I like this figure so much, I'd keep buying them as long as I could find them. If this is repacked I'll buy the case it comes in just to make sure I get 1-2 more (depending on how it is repacked), and I'd buy a repaint Commander as well.

Reaction score
Right be we don’t know the dynamics of this budget. We are being told the first few waves will be repacks! It seems like that is a financial decision. We just have to accept that. So if it’s a choice of an additional nice repack or nothing at all until new figures: then give me the repacks like this. No one is suggested this INSTEAD of Sim Aloo, it’s more like this UNTIL they do new figures.
Yeah, repacks are just part of the game at this point and that's fine. I do think Hasbro could work on WHICH figures they repack, though. Repacking troop builders shouldn't even be a discussion, it should just be standard procedure. And if you're listening, Hasbro, when I say troop builders, I'm not talking about Sandtroopers. But if they must repack figures, why not focus on stuff like the Scarif Trooper, Executioner, Praetorian Guard, Emperor's Royal Guard, Imperial Navy Commander, Gamorrean Guard, Echo Base Trooper, etc. Figures that were hard, if not impossible, for a lot of people to get the first time around. They could even sneak in slight variants and/or running changes like a grey INC or, like others have said, Scarifs of different ranks. Hasbro seems to leave a lot of money on the table sometimes since many of these figures wind up skyrocketing on the secondary market.

Reaction score
I expect this will be a straight repack of the 2016 TBS Walmart-exclusive "Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader," and that's fine. But I hope Hasbro renames the figure "Imperial Shoretrooper (Scarif)" to align with the naming convention in the "Rogue One Visual Dictionary." And I'd also wish for a running variant: trooper and captain.

Reaction score
If this was the blue chested squad leader, I'll be all over it. If it's the standard paint scheme, then I had my fill from the BS one. It was the one BS figure I found in good numbers in the UK!

Reaction score
Looks good. I was lucky enough to get my fill of these when Walmart Canada was selling them for $5. I'll be passing on this.
If only they repainted them to the Squad Leader and Captain.

Reaction score
Was expecting 'shoretrooper' to be included in the character bar, same with 'Yakface'. I mean, TVC Ponda Baba still retains the 'Walrus Man' moniker, so it seems just a tad inconsistent keeping with 'tradition' with the recent cardbacks.

Reaction score
Was expecting 'shoretrooper' to be included in the character bar, same with 'Yakface'. I mean, TVC Ponda Baba still retains the 'Walrus Man' moniker, so it seems just a tad inconsistent keeping with 'tradition' with the recent cardbacks.
yeah took me a sec to figure out what was wrong with the yak card...plus the name bubble got moved over. looks like the 6 inch 40th cards that way

Reaction score
Looks good. I was lucky enough to get my fill of these when Walmart Canada was selling them for $5. I'll be passing on this.
If only they repainted them to the Squad Leader and Captain.

I agree. I remember the days when Hasbro would issue running variations of figures. This one would have been perfect: Find all three!

Regardless, I'll be getting one.