Scarif Stormtrooper - Archive Line

Reaction score
The Walmart Exclusive Scarif Stormtrooper will be reissued as part of the 2021 Archive Line Wave 2. Looks like they changed the name to the more colloquial "Shoretrooper".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has there been clarification that it will indeed be the Scarif Stormtrooper (ex-Walmart) and not the Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader as YakFace had posted a pic of? I don't follow anything on Instagram or Facebook so may have missed it.

Reaction score
Sounds like it will be the grunt (Walmart Exclusive), NOT the Squad Leader, since that was the harder one to find...

Guessing a Mando Monday announcement and preorder availability of these...

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, but then there was a quick follow-up post (on Instagram) with the squad leader, which he reposted recently.

Moreover, the squad leader came with the unique Rogue One blaster, whereas the grunt came with the usual stormtrooper blaster, so perhaps they want to give collectors more of the unique blaster.

I guess we’ll find out soon. Personally I’d prefer the grunt with the unique blaster.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be the grunt (Walmart Exclusive), NOT the Squad Leader, since that was the harder one to find...
I was a little disappointed in that change from the teaser pic to the figure list on Yakface's IG. I guess my experience differed somewhat from most people, but I didn't have any problem getting multiples of the regular trooper, it was the Squad Leader I was never able to get. That wave never hit my WMs or Targets, only a few ShopKos and Kroger Marketplaces, and it was quickly snatched up. Later some Burlingtons and Tuesday Mornings got in a few, but again, quickly snatched up. I also never got around to buying it on the secondary market, so it's still a hole in my collection.

It won't happen since the Archive waves have always been four figures x 2 each, but I'd rather get one less Hovertank Pilot and pack the Squad Leader x 1 and have the regular trooper be x 2. That way everyone would have a chance to get what they missed and also have a great army builder. I'm also hoping one of the mainline waves next year will also include the Scarif Stormtrooper Captain, which we still don't have yet.

Reaction score
I still hope we get a Captain eventually. I spotted one in Mando, didn't see a Squad Leader. Still hate how these were branded Scarif Stormtrooper, definitely doesn't apply now. Kinda saw these guys as the equivalent to the Marines.

I hope the grey blaster is changed to black this time. Would be cool if he got the E-22 instead of the E-11, but I doubt they'll do something like that. The Remnant forces must have found a surplus cache of E-22s.

Only difference I noticed is the undersuit, at least up under the arms is a khaki color this time instead of black.

That being said I hope there is a small difference that allows me to grab one. As much as I love the influx of new Imperial designs I can't be army building something Disney can endlessly create. So one of each for me. But hey change something small about it and I'll take the excuse.

Reaction score
I still hope we get a Captain eventually. I spotted one in Mando, didn't see a Squad Leader. Still hate how these were branded Scarif Stormtrooper, definitely doesn't apply now.
Agreed, they should have gone with the Coastal Defender Stormtrooper or the more colloquial Shoretrooper.
Kinda saw these guys as the equivalent to the Marines.
I saw them more as Light Infantry trained in tropical/jungle environments. When I think of SW marines, I picture the 21st Nova Corps. Which begs the question, "Where is our BS Commander Bacara & Galactic Marine figures?"

Reaction score
I saw them more as Light Infantry trained in tropical/jungle environments. When I think of SW marines, I picture the 21st Nova Corps. Which begs the question, "Where is our BS Commander Bacara & Galactic Marine figures?"
The "grunts" all operate as sergeants, so that's my reasoning for them being above the normal troopers.

Where's all the ROTS Clones for that matter?

Reaction score
I'm really excited for this. I have a squad leader but never wanted to army build those. Needed some grunts like this to fill out a squad.

bac

Reaction score
AMAZON pre-order

PULSE pre-order

TARGET pre-order

Reaction score
I'm happy to get this since I didn't get one the first time around (blink and you miss it orders in the UK0 but not including the longer rifle is silly.

Reaction score
Just saw a FB post comparing the old Scarif Stormtrooper to the Archive Shoretrooper.
Looks like a nice wash has been added to the new version, looks alot better...

1608003713970.png

1608003728340.png

Reaction score
Any difference of this one compared to the original release? Or identical?

Reaction score
Thanks.

I will get it as I don't have the original.

But would have preferred the captian version that Shf and hot toys made...

Reaction score
The originals have a wash, I had 6 at one point and they all kinda looked different especially the helmets. Some had almost no wash in the helmet, others looked like the Archive press pic.

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm kind of glad now that no one ever bought my Shoretrooper Squad Leader when I was trying to sell him. 😅

Reaction score
I'm curious if the decision to reissue was based on them appearing in Mandalorian, or they just though it needed reissued for GP?

Reaction score
Definitely because of Mando.

I am guessing Disney wanted some continuity from Rogue One to Mando, so they could promoted these troopers designs into the storyline and sell merchandise.

No one has really said how Rogue One Stormtroopers, Death Troopers and Shoretroopers made it out of Rogue One and into the Mando universe, considering we saw all of them get destroyed on Scarif.

Assumption is these troopers were used on other planets so their weren't exclusive to that planet, but who knows...

Reaction score
I love all these new troopers, but man, it's becoming increasingly hard to believe we never saw any of them in the OT.
True, I trip over that once in a while but then just reconcile with the fact we only saw small windows of certain Imperial activity and it's a very big galaxy. lol

Reaction score
I wish they made the Captain though. Would really like one of those.
I agree! The Captain did have a blink and you miss it appearance. I didn't see the squad leader, so hopefully Hasbro will finally give us one. I have two squad leaders and 8 of the grunts. A Captain would be nice to round out the ranks. They did do all three in the 5POA line.

Reaction score
True, I trip over that once in a while but then just reconcile with the fact we only saw small windows of certain Imperial activity and it's a very big galaxy. lol
this, It's a big galaxy. It helps that they seldom show the different styles of troops intermingling with anything other than standard troopers. IE, you never really see Shoretroopers in the same areas as Scout Troopers, Sandtroopers, or Snow troopers. with the exception of certain vehicle pilots it's usually only one type of special troop alongside standard stormtroopers. Stands to reason that each division has just one or two types of special troops. And also, during the OT we never really see massive deployment of troopers anywhere for how massive the empire is.

Reaction score
Nice. I may get one, or more; that new paint wash looks nice. I have two Squad Leaders who've had nobody to boss around except each other for a few years now.

Reaction score
I agree! The Captain did have a blink and you miss it appearance. I didn't see the squad leader, so hopefully Hasbro will finally give us one. I have two squad leaders and 8 of the grunts. A Captain would be nice to round out the ranks. They did do all three in the 5POA line.
Someone explain to me why the Captain has a less fancy uniform than the Squad Leader. :unsure:

Indeed. The Galactic Empire claimed jurisdiction over no small part of an entire galaxy, and throughout the OT we were mainly just following Darth Vader's personal goon squad for the Imperial perspective, so the troop types were mostly and understandably limited to Navy Troopers, Stormtroopers (Space Marines, basically), Stormtroopers deployed planetside for emergency recon/search-and-destroy, and a contingent of Army troops in cold weather gear (fight me). You would have expected to see more diverse troop types deployed to Endor considering that the Empire was preparing the forest moon in advance as a trap for the Rebels (or maybe that would have aroused suspicion?), but then again, the costuming department got kind of lazy on Return of the Jedi, to the point where all the Imperial officers ended up with identical rank-plates regardless of their seniority.

Reaction score
I'm guessing they were all a surplus armory cache that was discovered/forgotten. The war machine is dead for the most part, armor ain't getting cranked out like before.

Reaction score
That's what I have as well :D
I am sure they showed the captain back in the day, among the other two - they just never got around to making/releasing him.