Scammers on the forum - Beware!!

Reaction score
It seems there are a few new members on Rebelscum who join just to post the same message over and over on various forum sections, with different usernames and email addresses, just look at their posts you can find in their profile. Some even send the same PM. Don't contact these guys at that email, you might be in for a "nice" phishing surprise! Beware!

An example of one of these new members and their posts:

Rebelscum scammer 01.jpg

Rebelscum scammer 02.jpg

Reaction score
He got banned within a day or so. A number of other accounts have been banned for doing exactly the same thing.

Thanks for your vigilence.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that if posts like these are seen, members should report them to admin by clicking on the Report button under that post. Example:

rep.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu. I hope no-one finds reason to report any of my posts tho!

Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu. I hope no-one finds reason to report any of my posts tho!
It was the closest to make the image screenshot example. :) Anyway, it's cool how admins here even give you a message after you report a post, showing that is being taken care of the issue.

Reaction score
I recently had a scammer attempt to scam me by emailing me claiming to know one of my passwords, which I use a different one everywhere. The password was the one I use (not anymore) on this site. I also noticed that the home page is listed as "not secure" on my internet search bar, but the forum is listed as secure.

Is this where I should try to alert the site admins?

Reaction score
I recently had a scammer attempt to scam me by emailing me claiming to know one of my passwords, which I use a different one everywhere. The password was the one I use (not anymore) on this site. I also noticed that the home page is listed as "not secure" on my internet search bar, but the forum is listed as secure.

Exact same thing happened to me last week! They had my password for this site (was unique). Annoying. Send me $6,000 asap blah, blah.

What's happening with security here if passwords were hacked?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Please forward that email to me so I can take a look.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me last week! They had my password for this site (was unique). Annoying. Send me $6,000 asap blah, blah.

What's happening with security here if passwords were hacked?
Brandon, please forward that email to me.

Reaction score
Just had one offer to sell me an item. He says he was in California but his paypal account said Europe so I declined