SCALPER EXPOSED!!! / Interesting items for sale...

Reaction score
Re: Interesting items for sale...

With scalping? You bet I do, same as most folk around here. I understand that selling stuff on e-bay is cheaper than selling them at Trader's World or Turtle Creek.

Nice of you to take down your posted pictures that you had of all those darktroopers, clone commanders and many of other hard to find figures. Im sure that with the shortage in figures your bussiness must be blooming.
Its people like you that cause many of us to avoid making toy updates on this website.

Reaction score

Just take the time to search your local stores and you can find everything.

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
Jsut take the time to search your local stores and you can find everything.
Thats just the problem.
Not all of us can make it before the store opens or at wallmart ehn the pallets come out. By that time all of you scalpers and other collectors have gone through all the stuff. The rest of the SW collector community that has a life should not be punished by having to resort to e-bay or e-tailers for figures that are just being hogged at the local retail stores.

Reaction score

I have never waited in line at open for anything...wait, the Luke/Wampa 12 inch 2-pack(that may have been last century). Does that count?

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
I have never waited in line at open for anything...wait, the Luke/Wampa 12 inch 2-pack(that may have been last century). Does that count?
The stuff you have cannot be found at retail stores in the afternoons or evenings. I dont know what times you get to the stores, but I have not seen you offer these figures to fellow scummers at cost. There is a current problem with the supply of SW within the last 3 months or so and you are taking advantage. You are buying rare toys en masse to make money, no matter at what time you buy them. Its not like selling your old collection because you dont have any room or dont like them anymore. And you have been doing this for a while now, there is no way around this.

Things are or are not. You are a scalper.

Don't take my word for it. Lets just wait until the rest of the board members see this and have their say.

Reaction score

Sorry for the delay, one of my hidden cameras in a local store just picked up a re-stock going on, and I had to leave.......Just kidding. Actually, many of these were purchased through HTS so I highly doubt it has affected your local Forest Fair area.

Reaction score

Anyway, I'm off to stand in line....I mean work. Can't wait to see where this is when I get home! See you then.

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
Sorry for the delay, one of my hidden cameras in a local store just picked up a re-stock going on, and I had to leave.......Just kidding. Actually, many of these were purchased through HTS so I highly doubt it has affected your local Forest Fair area.
Funny that you mention HTS since your auctions specifically state:

"ALL FIGURES WERE PURCHASED AT RETAIL AND MAY HAVE MINOR IMPERFECTIONS."

Time to make up your mind...

Reaction score

lol

Oh gravitydamage, of course you wont be there at opening since you hit so many stores at night.

I love how there has been no posts in the cincy thread for days. Then dooku posts this and you are the first to reply. Shows what we have known all along.......you troll the boards. You have not reported the stuff you bought lately have you? No of course not.

How I love buying sw toys. I have no problem getting them or helping others. In fact I get stuff so fast you probaly want to be me or some of these other great guys that are nice to employees and get helped.

But the sad part is Im not at stores at opening or close and I still score. The other sad part is you work congrats on that! But you must not have much of a family life.....thats sad. Seems you spend many nights in the aisles hoarding.

What set you off? Did you have a bad collector experience?
Im being opened minded towards your specific situation. Do you need that small % of cash you make on the auctions?

I bought all of wave 8 with mc rebel at toysrus in cincy on a saturday evening, because stores know Im cool. Same thing with target, I can go in one store now and get any exclusive I want because they know Im cool and I give them respect.

So whats your deal? You post like you cant find things sometimes, and maybe thats toy karma.

Im interested to see where this goes.

DS

Reaction score

How can I not jump on a scalper rant!?!?! I love them. This is what I live for. I have a list of people who hate me based on just these topics. Mostly because my solution is so barbaric. I like to kick people in the nuts. Real hard. The pain and agony that follows is nothing short of joy. How can I tell someone is a scalper (to make sure I don't hurt the innocent)?

It is simple.

The scalper has to diminish the supply.

Gravitydamage – Check

Then the scalper has to put those toys up for sale above the retail price.

Gravitydamage – Check

The scalper must also identify "hard to find" or "rare" items as such and then charge more for them.

Gravitydamage – Check

A scalper will also take advantage of the collecting community in hopes to befriend hapless assistants.

Gravitydamage – Check

The last thing that a scalper will do, and this is entirely personal, is to make it impossible for me to find any of the things that I am looking for. Example -- I have still never seen a Darth Revan.

Gravitydamage – Check

Quick tally. Yep, you scalp. Well that was easy. Almost as easy and taking a shot in the pills. Which reminds me that MY list has now gotten a little longer.

Reaction score

Just giving my 2 cents worth...
I may not post every single find I come across but I do try to help out the collecting community. While there is nothing (legally) wrong with buying and reselling the merchandise, I have to ask: do you leave anything decent on the shelves? I like to buy multiples of some figures, be it Star Wars or GI joe for troop building and/or customizing but I have tried to limit myself (and my sons) recently so that others may have a chance. I'm sure most of us have "misplaced" items at the stores and told board memebers where to find them. What have you done recently to help your fellow collectors?

Reaction score

DanielSammons-Of course I am going to respond to what Cooku said...It was about me! Secondly, I am POSITIVE I do not want to be you. Also, I would like to know where I posted that I cant find something?

Buddha-Please try and kick me in the nuts.....

Rodimus-You have been level-headed....Of course I leave things on the shelf..I cant buy everything, and Im sure everyone here has found what they want.

If anyone thinks that my having 5 Darktroopers is too many...what can I say...its about .0000001% of what has been made!

Cooku-In the time it took you to research my background, you could have invested that time in trying to find what you want!

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
DanielSammons-Of course I am going to respond to what Cooku said...It was about me! Secondly, I am POSITIVE I do not want to be you. Also, I would like to know where I posted that I cant find something?

Buddha-Please try and kick me in the nuts.....

Rodimus-You have been level-headed....Of course I leave things on the shelf..I cant buy everything, and Im sure everyone here has found what they want.

If anyone thinks that my having 5 Darktroopers is too many...what can I say...its about .0000001% of what has been made!

Cooku-In the time it took you to research my background, you could have invested that time in trying to find what you want!
Well I see you totally dodge everything asked of you.

Im sure you envy most of us since our collections rooms dont look like a grandmothers basement.

All I can say is Im glad Im better than you and help others. Its sad to see a guy that buys 5-10 of each figure. Unless you are stealing them from stores you dont have a high profit margin, so why do it?

Basically to be a jerk, but since you never responded why? Who knows?

Well I have to go get ready for work, and make a call to Mattel about the 08 Dc Universe line. I also have to e-mail Hasbro about some product. Wow my job is great I get to help people and work with what you have to resort to hoarding.

GD have fun today.

DS

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
Geez, your only selling 5 of your Darktroopers?

and how about your auctions with...
21 Stormtroopers (which will rot in your basement)
7 Shocktroopers
4 501 Clone Troopers
2 Darth Revan
11 Clone Commanders
11 Grey Pauldron Sandtroopers
2 McFetts
10 McSNOWTROOPERS

and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thats quite a stock you have there and im not counting all the other stuff that you have multiples of.

You also RIP people with your ridiculous shipping charges. But I guess you have to do what you have to do since e-bay stiffs you with all kinds of fees. I hope you enjoy the $2-3 you make a figure.

I did not ask about the figures you had because you NEVER offered it.

I should change the title of this thread to Scummer Scalper Unmasked.

Reaction score

I just am having a hard time understanding what the purpose of buying extra figures to scalp on ebay. If you don't need them for your own collection or for a friend, DON'T BUY THEM in the first place.

The role of the Hasbro is to manufacture and sell them to stores. The stores' role is to then sell them to us, the consumer. Nowhere in there is a need for a "middle man" who buys them and then re-sells them for more money than what the store charges. You don't offer any type of service or add-on to justify your additional charge, all the while you ARE adding frustration to the other people who want to purchase these figures from the store in the first place. You're not saving anyone time from driving around and trying to buy them, you're just complicating things and asking to be rewarded for it. If enough people decide to say forget it and quit the hobby, your fake "market" for the toys will shrivel up. Are you really trying to kill the hobby for others? That's the only thing that scalping figures is going to accomplish in the long run. If you really need the extra 2-3 bucks a figure as income, there's got to be an easier way to do it, such as a legitimate part-time job.

Reaction score

Considering how easy these new 25th anniversary joes are to find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160180950778

Not making enough money with you SW MOC Vintage figures? And all those Starscreams?

Great deal on this too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160178320083

You do know how to spell UGH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160174440280
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160174440986

How much for Darth Malak?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160174589151

Gotta love McQuarries:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160156043539

And all that is just covering a little bit of that great bussiness of yours. Wonder why you are not selling Hot Wheels. How bout you leave Star Wars alone and get into Hot Wheels. You will find competition up to YOUR level and money to be made with those treasure hunts.

Reaction score

I guess tips where he works are lacking.

DS

Reaction score

Its easy for you guys to team up and resort to making fun of the dvds I buy, and my bartending job. I can ASSURE you that the money I make is more than enough. Keep it coming though. Its great to see these responses! Ive held back making personal insults, but in time, I may resort to it.

Reaction score

And Sammons, youre one to talk about my basement? What you saw was a storage area. A corrections officer........? What does yours look like? Haha. Typical.

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
And Sammons, youre one to talk about my basement? What you saw was a storage area. A corrections officer........? What does yours look like? Haha. Typical.
Thanks GD, I updated my occupation. I no longer work in law enforcement. And I sadly dont have a storage room, but a bad A$$ display room. Its pretty easy to do when you own a very large two story home. But we wont go there....

It seems you just dont get it. Poor GD, I would use your real name but that would not be right. Have a good night and if you need any new figures lmk.

DS

Reaction score

gravitydamage said:
Ive held back making personal insults, but in time, I may resort to it.
I'm fat and my dad walked out on my mom when I was 2. There's a place for you to start.

Reaction score

Buddha said:
gravitydamage said:
Ive held back making personal insults, but in time, I may resort to it.
I'm fat and my dad walked out on my mom when I was 2. There's a place for you to start.
You're not fat...just big-boned. Watch out, these scalper-****** bag-types are pretty tough. I've seen them rough up 9 year-olds for Dark Troopers. Wear a cup...

Reaction score

I just cant believe you execpt someone to pay almost $20 for a freaking Darth Malak.....its just some cardboard and plastic people cardboard and plastic.

Reaction score

Dear Gravity Damage:

Why do you keep responding like you are the victim? You still have no clue do you? What you do is wrong! You are a scalper. I believe everyone here would not be as upset with you if you just went: "Yeah, I'm a scalper and I don't care". But you continue trying to justify your actions by taking the attention away from what you have done and what you still do. There is no way in hell that you will be respected in these forums again. So pick up whatever is left of your dignity and leave.

Reaction score

Winstelz said:
I just cant believe you execpt someone to pay almost $20 for a freaking Darth Malak.....its just some cardboard and plastic people cardboard and plastic.
Here here.

Reaction score

Ok Cooku, bring it up again......Look here....

Cooku Post #1

"I check Target EVERY morning before work"
HAHA, looks like you are waiting in line!

And here.....

Cooku #2

"Lucky and found a pallet"!!!!!

Looks like you are there mornings and nights!!!!!
Look whos talking!

Reaction score
Re: SCALPER EXPOSED /Interesting items for sale...

gravitydamage said:
Ok Cooku, bring it up again......Look here....

Cooku Post #1

"I check Target EVERY morning before work"
HAHA, looks like you are waiting in line!

And here.....

Cooku #2

"Lucky and found a pallet"!!!!!

Looks like you are there mornings and nights!!!!!
Look whos talking!
You are clueless like a cueball.

Its because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU that I have to go to stores at ungodly hours instead of going after work or whenever.

Still, I DONT CLEAR OUT THE STORES OF THE RARE STUFF LIKE YOU DO.
I DONT SELL WHAT I FIND AND OVERPRICE IT BOTH IN PRODUCT AND SHIPPING ON EBAY.

Regardless of the hours I used to shop, I am NOT a scalper, but YOU ARE A SCALPER!

Is gravitydamage the name of your brain condition?

Reaction score

Dooku man its a lost cause.

I need your new address. I picked up the McHan and other figures you wanted today at wal-mart. Of course store cost and shipping is fine. Ill return the Marvel Legend variants since you dont want them.

later

DS

Reaction score

Hold the phone, DS. What ML variants do you have? I may take some/all off your hands...

Reaction score

DanielSammons said:
Dooku man its a lost cause...

later

DS
Yeah, its like O.J. Simpson saying that there is nothing wrong with what he did and that **** happens all the time in this world.

Reaction score

Another member sent me this message today:

"A Buddy of mine saw a guy at Fort Wright yesterday returning a bunch of tsc and greatest battles figs along with some newer figs like malak. My buddy said it was alot of figs and the guy wanted cash or credit for them all. Now when I look at gravitydamage's ebay stuff all that is left is the star scream and star wars is gone. Almost every star wars fig he had up on ebay was what this guy was returning to fort wright.
Just thought you would like to know."

Maybe, maybe not. But...what a small, small world this is.

Reaction score

Count_Cooku said:
Another member sent me this message today:

"A Buddy of mine saw a guy at Fort Wright yesterday returning a bunch of tsc and greatest battles figs along with some newer figs like malak. My buddy said it was alot of figs and the guy wanted cash or credit for them all. Now when I look at gravitydamage's ebay stuff all that is left is the star scream and star wars is gone. Almost every star wars fig he had up on ebay was what this guy was returning to fort wright.
Just thought you would like to know."

Maybe, maybe not. But...what a small, small world this is.
Some stores wont take SW back without a reciept, of course thats only the stores that know to watch for scam artists.

I know some stores are scared of customers, but some have [censored]. I know one store that denied a saga 06 return the other day, and it was not Fort Wright.

DS

Reaction score

RHINOMAN said:
Hold the phone, DS. What ML variants do you have? I may take some/all off your hands...
I have a hydra variant left now

lmk

DS

Reaction score

So that's where all the Red and Blue clones, etc came from. I thought a hidden stash in the back was found. Maybe the person returning them only got $5.86/figure instead of the the $6.8something they were a few weeks back...