Saving Ebay pages to harddrive

Reaction score
I have seen some do this before. There is a particularly funny auction up now and want to save item to show someone. Any input ?

Reaction score
Go to 'file' on the tool bar at the top.click it and scroll down to "save page as" then select location and save.
Alternatively just hold down the 'control' button and 's' key at the same time.

Reaction score
If you have it, Adobe Acrobat writer is the best for it. If you have a page you want saved, PM me. I will make a copy for you if you want. Saving the htm(l) to your disk doesnt work out sometimes. It will actually save pictures as seperate files.

Reaction score
I have been saving ebay pages on my harddisk for about 2 years now. It takes a lot of room, so with proofs I started to put the info in excell sheets, and it's easier to go through.

Make sure you get some structure in it on your hd, or else you will need some time to find things...not saying you will find it again.

-Alex

Reaction score
If the auction has multiple photos, make sure all of those are saved along with the main one that's on display (learnt that the hard way recently).

Reaction score
John_sH said:
If the auction has multiple photos, make sure all of those are saved along with the main one that's on display (learnt that the hard way recently).
Yep, just saving the main picture will only save the big main and small second pictures. You need to save those on their own. But one picture usually works for me.

-Alex

Reaction score
RyanB said:
Saving the htm(l) to your disk doesnt work out sometimes. It will actually save pictures as seperate files.

I'm not saying you are wrong but I save all my ebay purchases to retain a copy for future reference and in 3 years of ebay purchases have never had a problem.It does create two separate parts, a file with all the parts broken down but also a copy of the page itself, separately, which is the one I use.

Reaction score
Some items can't be saved (or not saved very well). In time webbased tags can alter the way you view the page you saved, 'cause someone alter the item that was online and what gets loaded by your saved page. It's usually with the reels of items for sale you see at some sellers pages. But there are other things.

-Alex

Reaction score
Thanks for the help . I used the "control s" method and it worded . All the pictures and text saved exactly like the web page. I just wanted to get it before Ebay pulled the auction again .

Reaction score
And if you want to make certain you have everything saved, disconnect from the network, then clear out your browser's cache, then open the htm/html file. Many people don't realize that their browsers can & usually do save copies of everything they view. Often they may think they are looking at the live web page (or saved web page) but really some of what they seeing is just cached in their web browser.

I agree that Adobe is the way to go if you have it.