Sarco Plank

Reaction score
You've got me thinking... up till now i was adamant that i would not touch the Rebels line, but after reading what you've just said, i sort of agree, you may have a point; so, strictly from an investment point-of-view, i will grab him. Thing is, which one do you think will end-up the rarer, helmet on or off? Where i am at the moment, every store is saturated with the helmet off version.
See, this is where I can't help.
Every store around me only has the helmet ON variant. I've only seen the helmet ON variant once.

I would pick up both if you have the option. I don't know which is the "rarer" variant yet because it looks like the figure hasn't sold well enough to distinguish which variant is being phased out.

Reaction score
I love that they were able to blend the modern sculpting with vintage style 5POA. It could've been a lot worse.
I have to agree with you... There is SOMETHING wonderfully vintage and retro about this figure... I like it MUCH more than I should as I am not usually very forgiving when it comes to 5POA figs...

Reaction score
Daulty Dofine is an example of a character with a great mix of plastic and soft robes... some sort of mix like this would work great on Sarco Plank, if Hasbro ever revisits the character with a more premium version.

Reaction score
Oh definitely! I'm not even a fan of the character nor the species, but I darn well bought two of them for customs!

Reaction score
I just wish there was a middle ground line of action figures.
Very sad, because actually i have to say that a "middle ground" line of action figures should really be the base series. There are so many other brands of action figurines which are half the price of these SW ones and yet the paintwork and detailing on those is 99% flawless. Someone grab me a bit of Prozac?

My main gripe is the shabby paintwork on these latest 5POA SW figures, ruins the whole figure to be honest; but also the lack of extra detailing is a bit disappointing, plus i'd prefer more intricate colors if someone asked me; i could live with these 5POA figures as a compromise, but Hasbro seems to have made no effort to get us reasonably impressive quality, what with paintwork off kilter and misaligned in key areas, niks here and there, eyes that are painted inconsistent from figure to figure, plus blemishes in general. With 21st manufacturing capability there's really no excuse for this, can someone come and visit me, i'm depressed:(; you don't know the power of the force... where OCD is concerned, we're simply talking about basic action figurines:\, right? You listening Hasbro? In fact, i would have resorted to the Black Series for my quality fix, but over and over i saw multiple issues with these too relating to quality control, someone get John McEnroe in here; i would have invested in the Black Series to appease my OCD about decent quality, but seeing as how there's a lack of detail involved in these anyway, and paintwork is often shoddy, unacceptably so, thus even the Black Series couldn't get the job done for me, since we are talking about modern 21st century manufacturing, and all as relates to the biggest film franchise in history, quite disappointing Hasbro! Try telling an anorexic girl that she's not skinny, it just doesn't register in her brain, try telling me these figures are highly sculpted with reasonably extensive paintwork, it just doesn't register in my brain:wtf:, we need extra articulations please, and higher QC, and more extensive paintwork please Hasbro. I repeat, at the stores, so many other brands have been done flawless, and at half the price:rolleyes:

I've had to go and see the best psychiatrist in the land to help me construct a new capacitance inline synapse actuator with neuron triplines that weave around dopamine sites and are resistant to neurotransmitter flux points inside my frontal cortex, all revolving inside my OCD; I had to have special sessions designed to facilitate reform and make it deformation resistant, but with two anomaly flux tri-constructors for multi-pronged avant-garde pro-active devolvers, actuators that adjust in real time to any incoming psy bots, but even then it's just a stop gap measure combined with a pill:grin:

Reaction score
Daulty Dofine is an example of a character with a great mix of plastic and soft robes... some sort of mix like this would work great on Sarco Plank, if Hasbro ever revisits the character with a more premium version.

If that's genuine old series, then Hasbro's dropped the ball for sure on TFA figures, i'll never get over this. I'm struggling now, dismay.

Reaction score
I have to agree with you... There is SOMETHING wonderfully vintage and retro about this figure... I like it MUCH more than I should as I am not usually very forgiving when it comes to 5POA figs...

True, but one complaint i have (as far as finding a flawless one; if you turn him horizontal with the bottom of his feet facing your eyes, look at the tech pack attached to his chest, often it is not flush, and leans leftward 'off' his chest. I'll keep the one ive got, because it looks fine front-on, but when viewing horizontal, the tech pack is badly misaligned, so i've been checking every day at all the stores, keeping my eye out for a flawless one, and if i find, i'll buy, thus will end-up with two of these. Sarco is a cool looking dude.

Reaction score
If that's genuine old series, then Hasbro's dropped the ball for sure on TFA figures, i'll never get over this. I'm struggling now, dismay.
It's from 2012 and is part of the Ep1 wave of action figures, which is widely believed to have been the death knell for the super-articulated line. The quality of each individual figure was really great, but they were simply overproduced and clogged up pegs, preventing new waves from showing up, pretty much for the entirety of 2012 and most of 2013 (in other words, this wave performed almost exactly like the 1999 Ep1 line which rotted on pegs for two years and almost bankrupted Hasbro). In fact, those figures are still rotting on shelves in some stores near me (mostly bookstore franchises).

Reaction score
Well, I finished articulating and painting Mr. Plank last night. Took a lot more work than the Guavian did - sculpting (to keep the fur on his hands while having articulated wrists) and lots of paint work to make him a little more screen accurate to what we've seen. My next version will probably add soft goods to get rid of the t-crotch, but I am pretty happy with this one right now.

Reaction score
I usually don't like custom 5POA's because a lot of time the added articulated joints look funny or add extra length that looks awkward,
but this is one hell of job. The paint detailing was great, but you really masked the joints enough for me to go, "Ok, he says he worked on it, but I don't see anything..."

Well, I finished articulating and painting Mr. Plank last night. Took a lot more work than the Guavian did - sculpting (to keep the fur on his hands while having articulated wrists) and lots of paint work to make him a little more screen accurate to what we've seen. My next version will probably add soft goods to get rid of the t-crotch, but I am pretty happy with this one right now.

Reaction score
Here's pics of my custom version of him. I know it's not 100% accurate, but it fits in better with the way I like to display my Star Wars collection.

Reaction score
Here's pics of my custom version of him. I know it's not 100% accurate, but it fits in better with the way I like to display my Star Wars collection.

You, sir, are a customizing MADMAN! Love it!

Reaction score
Thanks all - here's the parts list:

head - TFA Sarco Plank
torso - TAC Elis Helrot
arms - TAC Elis Helrot
tunic - TAC Elis Helrot
soft goods - various Jedi capes
hands - fodder bin
legs - TVC Nikto Jedi

Obviously he's not screen accurate, but he at least fits in more with the "modern look" figures.

A few more recent customs are in my thread at Yakface:

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 12.07.15 - Yakface.com Forums

Reaction score
Thanks all - here's the parts list:

head - TFA Sarco Plank
torso - TAC Elis Helrot
arms - TAC Elis Helrot
tunic - TAC Elis Helrot
soft goods - various Jedi capes
hands - fodder bin
legs - TVC Nikto Jedi

Obviously he's not screen accurate, but he at least fits in more with the "modern look" figures.

A few more recent customs are in my thread at Yakface:

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 12.07.15 - Yakface.com Forums
My God, just took a look at your other customs, too. Amazing. I've always wanted to get into customizing but I'm so unartistic, it'd be a tragedy.

Reaction score
You can see him as the Tie Fighters strafe the market. It's definitely a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Reaction score
So why would this nice figure not show up in the movie? With the mini-bio on the back card on the figure .. and the thoughtful character design .... no screen time?

Will that influence the "value" of the figure in any terms?

Reaction score
He was in the movie just as long as some of the most coveted Cantina or Palace denizens

Reaction score
It's funny how the cantina denezins have been so institutionalize in our memories that to an outsider they are blink and you miss them (other than greedo and ponda baba). Maybe 10 years from now Sarco Plank and company will be the same way. It will take time for us to pick apart every scene for characters.

Reaction score
The toys we saw on shelves back in September were probably designed a year or so before that - back when the movie was still going through pickup photography. They hadn't been cut off from the movie yet.

Reaction score
when Rey first rides up to the settlement and stops/parks her speeder I swear he is in the distance walking her way....

Reaction score
when Rey first rides up to the settlement and stops/parks her speeder I swear he is in the distance walking her way....
That's exactly right. He's walking out the settlement/tent in the background, towards the camera. Quite far off in the distance, so he's really small in the frame, but his read cloak/costume is quite distinctive. He's definitely on Jakku (not like Zuvio).

Reaction score
That's exactly right. He's walking out the settlement/tent in the background, towards the camera. Quite far off in the distance, so he's really small in the frame, but his read cloak/costume is quite distinctive. He's definitely on Jakku (not like Zuvio).
yes that's when I meant I saw him as well

Reaction score
Zuvio is in the far back, right over Rey's left shoulder when she's being offered the 60 portions for BB-8.

Reaction score
I saw him there today as well. Its all VERY quick. But plane as day if you know where to look.

Reaction score
He is also visible when they are first running from the Stormtroopers at Niima Outpost. Flashes by twice. Only telling characteristics are the robe and coloration of his face.

Reaction score
He is also visible when they are first running from the Stormtroopers at Niima Outpost. Flashes by twice. Only telling characteristics are the robe and coloration of his face.
thats where I saw him as well. It's hard to miss that bright orange robe!