Sarco Plank

GNT

Reaction score
This was posted on the front page, nice to see another new figure pop up:

Who's going to pick this one up? Thoughts on this one?

Reaction score
Damn, this looks good even with the **** articulation. I have to admit that even though I am an SA fan certain characters look good with minimal joints, this being one of them.

Reaction score
Wasn't really convinced by Zuvio but this design is quite cool. Would not look out of place in a Jabba's palace dio.

Reaction score
Solid looking figure. He might be a down the road figure. I need to space them out a bit.

I miss the good old days when figures came out at a good steady pace and I didn't need to space them out. Collecting these days feels like feast or famine with an emphasis on famine.

Reaction score
so it sounds like kana and ezra are repacks...weay to go hasblow, and twist the arms of those that like the BAW into re-rebuying same repacks again. So are stormtrooper and snowtrooper repacks? i'd like to see tfa snowtrooper and maybe another tfa stormtrooper variant instead.

Reaction score
Well the snowtrooper was only available with the speeder so it's nice to get a single pack version. I'm hoping this stormtrooper will be a variant, maybe with a pauldron like the one that comes with the walker.

Reaction score
Well the snowtrooper was only available with the speeder so it's nice to get a single pack version. I'm hoping this stormtrooper will be a variant, maybe with a pauldron like the one that comes with the walker.
well the one included w/ the speeder is an officer so hopefully that standard grunt that also appears on the speeder's box art work will be single packed. As i stated before, i hope it's a tfa snowtrooper not an esb repack

Reaction score
Damn, this looks good even with the **** articulation. I have to admit that even though I am an SA fan certain characters look good with minimal joints, this being one of them.
Actually, it looks good because of the **** (I assume you're saying cool) articulation. If not, it would have a poofy, out of scale soft goods skirt or a solid, salt shaker looking plastic one like the recent Jawas.

Reaction score
Hasbro was holding out on us! I will get this one day of release! It looks amazing.

Reaction score
So sad that the only excitement I get out of these reveals is from the unveiling of the character itself. These 5POA duds with their "cape-legs" do absolutely nothing for me.

Reaction score
Actually, it looks good because of the **** (I assume you're saying cool) articulation. If not, it would have a poofy, out of scale soft goods skirt or a solid, salt shaker looking plastic one like the recent Jawas.
If you only knew how much I hate softgoods. As much as 5POA.

Reaction score
Cool new character design and figure - one of the best looking TFA figures yet. It might be the Rum Sleg of the movie and figure line.

Reaction score
I'm so relieved Hasbro spared us good shoulder and elbow articulation in favor of that plastic junk located in the top right corner of the bubble.

Reaction score
I'm so relieved Hasbro spared us good shoulder and elbow articulation in favor of that plastic junk located in the top right corner of the bubble.
IKR, at least have elbows. I don't anyone, even kids, that would want that extra non-movie related stuff over the ability for a figure to hold a gun or saber with two hands.

Reaction score
I actually used to really dislike soft goods. But now I actually love them. Go figure! Water treating and reshaping or sometimes recutting them probably allowed me to learn to like them. I still despise RA, though.

Reaction score
I actually used to really dislike soft goods. But now I actually love them. Go figure! Water treating and reshaping or sometimes recutting them probably allowed me to learn to like them. I still despise RA, though.
Yep, I have cut, trimmed, reshaped, glued, painted and/or water treated every piece of softgoods on every figure that has come with it if I didn't already entirely replace it with a plastic goods counterpart. Sometimes they aren't to bad like with the Jedi tunics below the belt or with figures like Wooof. When they are an entire piece like a robe or cape I just can't get into it.

However, since I like SA figures it would seem to be a contradiction since sculpted robes and such would impair movement. In these instances I just want the figure to be SA underneath with plastic robes or whatever sculpted as separate pieces and covering the articulation. I know, sounds crazy. I am like one of three people on the planet that have this preference.

Reaction score
So sad that the only excitement I get out of these reveals is from the unveiling of the character itself. These 5POA duds with their "cape-legs" do absolutely nothing for me.
Agreed. Another pass for me as well. If he was 3.75" SA, then I would definitely buy him.

Reaction score
Really cool. Very OT. This joins that BB-8 three pack as a must get for me.

Reaction score
Yeah, softwoods are so hit and miss - almost always miss.

Honestly, I want both lines on the pegs side by side - not all one or the other. Both have their place. SA for collectors and 5POA for kids….and some collectors. 5POA doesn't work for people that want to pose their figures in diorama-like situations, and SA figure's poor construction quality and $15 pricepoint don't work for kids at all.

I don't want some middle ground articulation hybrid, I want both in all their glory. It can work. they just need to go full deluxe SA and to justify the price, and go bare bones, $5 pricepoint with 5POA like they did when the line gained the success it did last year. They need to represent both ends of the spectrum.

Win/win!

Reaction score
It's weird, but... Okay, look, I too, am a SLAVE to articulation... and yet... there is something so wonderfully VINTAGE about both this figure and Unkar's Thug that makes me all warm and fuzzy somehow... I think it's that the legs so remind me of the 1978 Tusken Raider figure or something. Honestly? It's only these two figures that I find so somehow appealing that way... (The rest of the line has me scratching my head and vowing to only buy a stormtrooper or two...) But I am so into both Sarco and Unkar's Thug...

Reaction score
^ ^ ^

Go down about halfway on that page linked in the post above and click on the "Spoiler" tag for the back cover of the "Weapon of a Jedi" book.

Reaction score
Saw that posted earlier today. Interesting. Looks like Hasbro decided to use their own colors though instead of what the artist drew it as.

Reaction score
Getting the Hasbro version and hoping this guy is made by Hot Toys.... would be an epic 1/6th figure.

Reaction score
Some stores had wave 2, some didn't. My neck of the woods only had the first wave so far, but they are out.

Reaction score
It's weird, but... Okay, look, I too, am a SLAVE to articulation... and yet... there is something so wonderfully VINTAGE about both this figure and Unkar's Thug that makes me all warm and fuzzy somehow... I think it's that the legs so remind me of the 1978 Tusken Raider figure or something. Honestly? It's only these two figures that I find so somehow appealing that way... (The rest of the line has me scratching my head and vowing to only buy a stormtrooper or two...) But I am so into both Sarco and Unkar's Thug...
I feel the same exact way! The simplistic 5POA style actually lends a positive light to these figures and give them that feel of vintage alien over just another figure displaying bad paint apps and cheap production costs. I will say I am also impressed with the Flametrooper figure as well after having it in hand, but I need Wave 2 to release soon so I can pick these up!